Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

1. Caitlin Clark

2. Beyonce

I’m no pop culture maven, but off the top of my head I think the following probably are at least on the list if not ahead of Beyoncé. Certainly than flash-in-the-pan Caitlyn Clark. 

Oprah

Taylor Swift

One or all of the Kardashians, including Jenner’s daughter.

Adele

Michelle Obama

1 minute ago, nnm said:

I’m no pop culture maven, but off the top of my head I think the following probably are at least on the list if not ahead of Beyoncé. Certainly than flash-in-the-pan Caitlyn Clark. 

Oprah - Not as worldwide as Beyonce.  Music trumps american TV

Taylor Swift - Yes, probably

One or all of the Kardashians, including Jenner’s daughter.  - More American celebrities than world, but definitely world famous

Adele - Known?  Maybe, not more famous

Michelle Obama - No one gives a shit who our first ladies are outside of America.  Yes she's known because she transcended the role, but no.  

It's probably Taylor then Beyonce.  All of those are solid entries but fall down a bit save for Taylor and Adele.  But Beyonce does have more Instagram followers, I'd say her music hits more age ranges and demographics, while Taylor's hits her demographic with a wrecking ball.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, uoftorange said:

It's probably Taylor then Beyonce.  All of those are solid entries but fall down a bit save for Taylor and Adele.  But Beyonce does have more Instagram followers, I'd say her music hits more age ranges and demographics, while Taylor's hits her demographic with a wrecking ball.  

I think you’re discounting Michelle Obama and Oprah. I travel and work in Europe, Africa, and Latin America a lot, and even people who don’t care about American pop culture know and usually admire those two ladies.

We’re probably both wrong, because there’s probably some Chinese or Indian superstar that we don’t know about who is known and beloved by many more people than any American pop star. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nnm said:

I think you’re discounting Michelle Obama and Oprah. I travel and work in Europe, Africa, and Latin America a lot, and even people who don’t care about American pop culture know and usually admire those two ladies.

We’re probably both wrong, because there’s probably some Chinese or Indian superstar that we don’t know about who is known and beloved by many more people than any American pop star. 

I actually tried to look and see about that.  Like was I missing someone.  But didn't find anyone that made sense.  But you are probably right about Chinese or Indian Star.  Sheer number of people knowing their fame would dwarf the US.  The global aspect of US celebrities is big though.  So a lot of those people also know Beyonce.  When I was in India last and people found out I was from Houston I got all kinds of Beyonce questions.  And that was a good while ago

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I don't even want to know what kind of whacked-out crazy is in that dude's head.

That’s because you are a sheep. You probably inhaled some chemtrails and are controlled by the microchip that’s been surreptitiously implanted in you. 

2 hours ago, nnm said:

That’s because you are a sheep. You probably inhaled some chemtrails and are controlled by the microchip that’s been surreptitiously implanted in you. 

You forgot to mention being activated by 5G cell tower.

• Prepare your anus 1