Concession of SEC to aggy

BevoSwag

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Obviously.  But it won't to Texas.

I recall what happened the last time Texas played in Collie Station . . .

It'll be so crazy hyped up and they'll fall flat on their face and get Ewer'd 48-21 or something. 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So now Bjork is attempting to push this nanny-nanny-boo-boo shit with the first game being at Kyle. There's literally zero justification for the rivalry picking up in that regard, but, hey, the spineless whiners need a "win". I am still not convinced that they're going to get even that concession. 

What's pathetic, yet hilarious, is that these clowns will genuinely convince themselves that the first home game is a huge "win" after doing everything they possibly could do to sabotage the move last summer and being told to get your fucking shine box.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

What's pathetic, yet hilarious, is that these clowns will genuinely convince themselves that the first home game is a huge "win" after doing everything they possibly could do to sabotage the move last summer and being told to get your fucking shine box.

You forgot their shrill howling and wailing and gnashing of the teeth

1 hour ago, BevoSwag said:

Interesting read about Greg Sankey but this one paragraph caught my eye.

(One apparent concession to A&M not standing in the way of Texas’s arrival in the league: Bjork says the first football game in the resumption of the Longhorns-Aggies rivalry will be in College Station, not Austin.)

https://www.si.com/college/2022/09/06/sec-commissioner-greg-sankey-leads-way-college-sports-daily-cover

The article forgot this part of the conversation:

Bjorn: “We will allow you to let texass into the might SEC but we will play those stupid tsips in C-Stat, not Asstin!”

Sankey: “I’m fine with that because you know what you still don’t have?

Bjorn: “Wut”

Sankey: “No National Championships in the last 83 years”

*zoom meeting ends for all*

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

You realize they intentionally left the conference in a manner that ensured the last game was played at Pile Field? It clearly matters to them.

Oh I realize....I just don't understand how someone could give a fuck.  Given the trajectory of the two programs I'd say the next meeting is going to turn out like us playing an FCS team regardless of where it is played.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That statement was put in parentheticals specifically because it didn't come from Sankey and Sankey wouldn't confirm it. Bjork thinks saying that publicly as often as he can will cement it into reality.

I'm interested in seeing how Texas handles the ATM bullshit publicly from here. Texas is pushing for scheduling issues to fall the right way, and that has been okay with some of the other SEC titans. It's rubbed the weaker programs, ATM included, the wrong way.

-9 conference games doesn't serve ATM's or Vandy's or Missouri's benefit, but the money and inventory for future money from that 9th conference game sure as hell does.

-The other issue across the the conference is the FCS game. Bama and Georgia are happy to have another team pushing back against these games, while almost everyone else, including pussies at UF and ATM, want to keep those games.

-The final scheduling issue that was front and center is that ATM started out ardently against playing Texas yearly, claiming they're not rivals and they'd rather keep playing South Carolina on a yearly basis. Eventually they were just told to shut the fuck up and take the money.

So now Bjork is attempting to push this nanny-nanny-boo-boo shit with the first game being at Kyle. There's literally zero justification for the rivalry picking up in that regard, but, hey, the spineless whiners need a "win". I am still not convinced that they're going to get even that concession. 

An aggy tradition older than their national championship.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

Oh I realize....I just don't understand how someone could give a fuck.  Given the trajectory of the two programs I'd say the next meeting is going to turn out like us playing an FCS team regardless of where it is played.

Just saying they're insistent on being dickheads without integrity on both ends of their hiding.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

That statement was put in parentheticals specifically because it didn't come from Sankey and Sankey wouldn't confirm it. Bjork thinks saying that publicly as often as he can will cement it into reality.

I'm interested in seeing how Texas handles the ATM bullshit publicly from here. Texas is pushing for scheduling issues to fall the right way, and that has been okay with some of the other SEC titans. It's rubbed the weaker programs, ATM included, the wrong way.

-9 conference games doesn't serve ATM's or Vandy's or Missouri's benefit, but the money and inventory for future money from that 9th conference game sure as hell does.

-The other issue across the the conference is the FCS game. Bama and Georgia are happy to have another team pushing back against these games, while almost everyone else, including pussies at UF and ATM, want to keep those games.

-The final scheduling issue that was front and center is that ATM started out ardently against playing Texas yearly, claiming they're not rivals and they'd rather keep playing South Carolina on a yearly basis. Eventually they were just told to shut the fuck up and take the money.

image.thumb.png.f849b84c1a5a5520ac52a7b5cfc1dacb.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Personally I would like to see a cupcake conference schedule if they go to 9 SEC games. There is really no reason to make the road to the playoffs that much harder, and I could see the SEC wanting to stack the deck as much as possible. 

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Personally I would like to see a cupcake conference schedule if they go to 9 SEC games. There is really no reason to make the road to the playoffs that much harder, and I could see the SEC wanting to stack the deck as much as possible. 

That’s exactly what the SEC did in 2020 during the covid year. They gave Alabama and Georgia the easiest cross division games and Vandy the toughest games. So yes, the SEC does protect their bell cows 

Edited by perfectchaos007

Florida's future OOC schedule includes:

2023 - Utah, FSU

2024 - Miami, UCF, FSU

2025 - USF, Miami, FSU

2026 - NC State, Cal, FSU

2027 - Cal, FSU

2028 - Colorado, ASU, FSU

2029 - Colorado, FSU

2030 - Texas, UCF, FSU

2031 - Texas, ASU, Notre Dame, FSU

2032 - Notre Dame, NC State, FSU

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

41 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Didn’t Dave South pass away a couple years ago? Maybe I’m thinking of someone else. I know the notable Auburn radio announcer died a couple years back 

Sadly he's been quite ill for some time and his wife said he was pretty much just hanging on until aggy won something meaningful.

.....therefore he is still alive

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Zinhead said:

Florida's future OOC schedule includes:

2023 - Utah, FSU

2024 - Miami, UCF, FSU

2025 - USF, Miami, FSU

2026 - NC State, Cal, FSU

2027 - Cal, FSU

2028 - Colorado, ASU, FSU

2029 - Colorado, FSU

2030 - Texas, UCF, FSU

2031 - Texas, ASU, Notre Dame, FSU

2032 - Notre Dame, NC State, FSU

Now defend playing an FCS team every year and the last 20 years of their non-con. Good for them figuring out that they're going to need to play up in the future, along with a cherished FCS match-up, of course. 

The Cliff Clavin of college sports, they talk way too much and of course their AD is kissing ass in that article, then he hiked up his pants and says "but we are getting the first game at home". 

Good, your home field is a myth, Seattle had a louder stadium and less people. You can ban our band and fans from the game. Hang around our team hotel and keep players and coaches up all night, call their rooms, give them food poisoning, things which gomer has done in the past. We will still beat your ass. Even if your all world recruiting class stays together. Gomer will put so much pressure on their players and coaches that they will fuck it up again. AGAIN in caps, because they always do. Win the littles ones, lose the big one. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1