The London Bridge Has Fallen - The Legacy of Queen Elizabeth II

956 Worldwide

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't see why Charles should refuse or quickly abdicate. It's not like he's that unpopular and his popularity will rise with the death of his mom and subsequent coronation.

Also the story is that his mom has refused abdication because it's their families' service to accept the role they have and not run away from it. That's his role model for his role as king. 

Still he's 73 and won't last forever.

Is the hatred really just about cheating on Princess Di with a common slag and marrying her after Di was killed? Or is there more too it. He looks like a wanker but so do a lot of Brits I imagine. I don't pay a lot of attention but don't recall him giving any memorable speeches and I'm not even sure I've seen him speak at all. Like I said earlier, there was a lot of charm in having the old lady as the queen, if its some bland dildo called King, it just feels off in todays world. 

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

That sounds really stupid for a country that once ran half the damn planet.

Well, when were they supposed to stop and say, “Know what would be swell? If we wrote down our constitution!”

To be fair, I believe a lot of the key details were codified in various Acts, but there is still a whole lot of stuff that is pure tradition. 

16 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

my london colleague said that there haven't been any anchors sighted for awhile, just shots of the airport and gates at balmoral.

they are probably changing though. it looks like she may have already passed. and there's a special news program on at 6pm UK time. 

Sky News anchors are all in black from what I’ve seen

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Well, it can happen any minute and no one wants to be the dipshit making the announcement while wearing a loud tie. 

yeah, but reading between the lines...her mobility issues during her jubilee, the covid, her appearance to receive the prime minister in scotland instead of london, etc. 

i mean, i hope i'm wrong, but she's old and she's frail and shit happens quick at that age. 

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, but reading between the lines...her mobility issues during her jubilee, the covid, her appearance to receive the prime minister in scotland instead of london, etc. 

i mean, i hope i'm wrong, but she's old and she's frail and shit happens quick at that age. 

Oh, “resting comfortably under medical supervision” means “hospice,” I’m sure.  I just don’t think they’re actually keeping her death secret for hours. 

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

If he's in a Scottish pub, there might be cheering of another kind.

Oh, my God.  It suddenly all makes sense.  The woman lives 96 years.  And the second Brisket lands in Scotland--with his known anti-monarchical beliefs--she dies?

@Brisketexan killed the Queen!

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

bbc.com banner is black, not red.  a pint to the lady.

authentic_british_style_imperial_pint_gl

No, it's not.  I'm watching BBC now, and its banner is red.

They're not doing anything peremptorily.  The anchor may be in black because you don't want to make an announcement wearing a bright color.  But it's no indication that anything has happened already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Oh, my God.  It suddenly all makes sense.  The woman lives 96 years.  And the second Brisket lands in Scotland--with his known anti-monarchical beliefs--she dies?

They're not doing anything peremptorily.  The anchor may be in black because you don't want to make an announcement wearing a bright color.  But it's no indication that anything has happened already.

the website has gone black.

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Oh, “resting comfortably under medical supervision” means “hospice,” I’m sure.  I just don’t think they’re actually keeping her death secret for hours. 

If that video posted on the first page is true, that statement is pretty similar to "The king's life is moving peacefully towards its close" immediately before he was given a massive speedball. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11193877/Alastair-Stewart-slammed-pre-emptive-misjudged-coverage-BBCs-Hugh-Edwards-wears-black-tie.html

and of course there is a neurotic backstory, because britain.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah. The banner is red on the version of BBC I have. Also, the last guy I saw talking appeared to be wearing a dark navy suit and tie. The suit could've been black, but the tie was definitely navy. 

10 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

no, i get it. 

but i still think she's dead, even if she's "medically alive"

and i think everyone knows it, but are waiting out of respect.

Lol. The anchor said Meghan may not have traveled due to having to watch the kids. Those poor former royals can't afford a nanny!

Which is also weird since all the outlets previously reported that she was traveling with him. Maybe she's in Scotland, just not at Balmoral?

Edited by SquishMitten
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to The London Bridge Has Fallen - The Legacy of Queen Elizabeth II