Texas vs. #1 Alabama

Pancho

whining about refs is whiny and i don't appreciate it 99% of the time in football/basketball. However this game was a massive injustice moreso given the context of #1 vs. unranked.  Once in a lifetime chance really and was stolen from us. 

And the media got fucked, missing an opportunity to post the headline, “Auburn Beats Alabama” with a picture of our kicker.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, cabowabo said:

Yep. And to that extent, I have to give the head ref some credit for BS’ing his way out of allowing Bama to keep the ball there. They botched that call, but it could have been a whole lot worse. 

Fuck the head ref he threw the flag for targeting. The QB is the white hats priority

9 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Listened to some Finebaum today…lots of Bama callers.   Most said it was a safety and they were lucky as hell to have won the game.  Refs really screwed up several calls.  Several gave Horns lots of credit for their play.

It's easy for them to be honest, since they were gifted the win. If it had been called a safety and we had won the game by a point, they'd have been calling in and screaming about how the Big 12 refs screwed them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You guys definitely got fucked.  I didn't watch every play/that closely, but the Bryce Young end zone debacle, and that terrible missed facemask were bad.

I assume those were SEC refs?

Not sure why you would think Big 12 refs would be less likely to screw us now that we're leaving. The Big 12 sent the clowniest clown crew they have out of all of their clown crews for this one. You know, the same one that fucked us against OU last year. We didn't feel like bitching about that one much because our team screwed itself plenty. But this game was obviously different.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Magabro said:

Going to put this here. Dude has his priorities straight.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34583185/sergio-garcia-faces-dp-world-tour-fine-withdrawal-bmw-pga-championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who aren’t big golf fans, his wife is Marty Akins’ daughter.

58 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah... Everyone knows it was a Safety

This is the last I will comment on this, but you people who claim he was looking at and throwing to #2 are just total idiots who won't let go of their stupid take.  But I'm sure you will still look at this full video and claim he was trying to complete a pass.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, D3zii said:

I’m going to say this and move on to UTSA! 

Im so tired of everyone saying Alabama played bad, Bama commited a lot of penalties, Bama dropped passes, this is unlike Bama!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Everyone is talking about what Bama did or didn’t do and not even giving Texas credit!! I’m pretty sure we had a hand in a lot of what went wrong with Bama, but ppl are so delusional when it comes to Alabama football, they just can’t see them getting whooped by another team specially not one in the SEC!! 
Now I get it A lot of ppl want to see If this Texas hype is for real but I mean damn!! Give the boys some credit they came out and played their ass off!! It wasn’t Bama did this and Bama did that, Nah TEXAS DID THAT!!!! Show some respect 

Okay I’m done! 

NVNHb_.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidis said:

i screwed one thing up there.  the robinson facemask was on first down, not second down.  I forgot about the fruitless bijan rush on second down.

regardless, it was huge.  1st and goal from the 3 vs. 2nd and goal from the 8.

I posted on this yesterday, but consider if the Bama player had not done the face mask at all.  It looked like to me that, absent the face mask, that run would have gone for 2 or 3 more yds than it did and possibly a first down.  No guarantee, but at least we could live with the results.

10 minutes ago, sidis said:

i am not hung up on the safety.  it was bad and hurt momentum but them punting from the back of the endzone was a big assist on the 3 points we got.  it was a complete fuckjob and total incompetence by the worst crew in all of college football but it is not the call i am hung up on.

i am hung up on three calls that have me utterly seething...

1) missed facemask on keilan robinson.  second down call, keelan gets some decent yardage and then his head is nearly snapped off right in front of the line judge with absolutely no call.  that would have put it at 1st and goal from either the 3 or 2 instead of 3rd and goal.  there was no excuse, no room for argument, no interpretation distractions that bama fans can try and obfuscate with.  completely inexcusable incompetence (or worse) from the crew on that one.  strong likelihood of a 20-10 score instead of 16-10 at the end of the possession.

2) missed holding call on j.c. latham on the qb scramble by young to set up the winning fg.  instead of 1st and 10 at the 17, should have been 1st and 20 from the 47 with about 0:20 to go.  the hold was right at the point of attack and was clearly responsible for springing young to the outside unabated.  that is precisely what the umpire role is there to see and if not him, the ref has to see that from the backside.  that's the kind of shit that makes you really wonder.  it is so bad that it is inexplicable beyond bad faith.

3) missed pass interference on worthy in the endzone.  outrageously bad.  1st and goal at the 1.

this crew fucked up so bad at the red river shootout last year (ou wr out of bounds and back in to keep them in it in the first quarter plus calling clear fumble in 4th quarter on caleb an incomplete pass that would have otherwise ended the game were both awful) that i thought there is no way that texas or the big 12 can ever let them near a texas game again...nope, they are there for the most important game of the season fucking us up the ass.

that crew should be disbanded and banned from the game of football.

fuck them.

reddawn.gif.1ee77900b4a3cd9e941430c539d9876b.gif

24 minutes ago, sidis said:

i am not hung up on the safety.  it was bad and hurt momentum but them punting from the back of the endzone was a big assist on the 3 points we got.  it was a complete fuckjob and total incompetence by the worst crew in all of college football but it is not the call i am hung up on.

i am hung up on three calls that have me utterly seething...

1) missed facemask on keilan robinson.  second down call, keelan gets some decent yardage and then his head is nearly snapped off right in front of the line judge with absolutely no call.  that would have put it at 1st and goal from either the 3 or 2 instead of 3rd and goal.  there was no excuse, no room for argument, no interpretation distractions that bama fans can try and obfuscate with.  completely inexcusable incompetence (or worse) from the crew on that one.  strong likelihood of a 20-10 score instead of 16-10 at the end of the possession.

2) missed holding call on j.c. latham on the qb scramble by young to set up the winning fg.  instead of 1st and 10 at the 17, should have been 1st and 20 from the 47 with about 0:20 to go.  the hold was right at the point of attack and was clearly responsible for springing young to the outside unabated.  that is precisely what the umpire role is there to see and if not him, the ref has to see that from the backside.  that's the kind of shit that makes you really wonder.  it is so bad that it is inexplicable beyond bad faith.

3) missed pass interference on worthy in the endzone.  outrageously bad.  1st and goal at the 1.

this crew fucked up so bad at the red river shootout last year (ou wr out of bounds and back in to keep them in it in the first quarter plus calling clear fumble in 4th quarter on caleb an incomplete pass that would have otherwise ended the game were both awful) that i thought there is no way that texas or the big 12 can ever let them near a texas game again...nope, they are there for the most important game of the season fucking us up the ass.

that crew should be disbanded and banned from the game of football.

fuck them.

Give me 2 points and the chance to go up 5 or 9 with a td or field goal. A safety plus ball back is always the better option. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, D3zii said:

I’m going to say this and move on to UTSA! 

Im so tired of everyone saying Alabama played bad, Bama commited a lot of penalties, Bama dropped passes, this is unlike Bama!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Everyone is talking about what Bama did or didn’t do and not even giving Texas credit!! I’m pretty sure we had a hand in a lot of what went wrong with Bama, but ppl are so delusional when it comes to Alabama football, they just can’t see them getting whooped by another team specially not one in the SEC!! 
Now I get it A lot of ppl want to see If this Texas hype is for real but I mean damn!! Give the boys some credit they came out and played their ass off!! It wasn’t Bama did this and Bama did that, Nah TEXAS DID THAT!!!! Show some respect 

Okay I’m done! 

Well said.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Not sure why you would think Big 12 refs would be less likely to screw us now that we're leaving. The Big 12 sent the clowniest clown crew they have out of all of their clown crews for this one. You know, the same one that fucked us against OU last year. We didn't feel like bitching about that one much because our team screwed itself plenty. But this game was obviously different.

I only assume SEC refs because the road team's conference almost ALWAYS supplies the refs.  For instance, it was a Big 12 crew at the CyHawk game in Iowa City that gave Iowa 20 made up yards at the end of the game and allowed them to try a field goal.

• Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Give me 2 points and the chance to go up 5 or 9 with a td or field goal. A safety plus ball back is always the better option. 

i don't disagree that it was huge.  i would have preferred the safety.  but when punting from the back of the endzone, you are almost guaranteed a field goal attempt unless you royally screw it up or the punter goes all michael dickson against missouri.  if bama kicks from the 20, the offense has a lot more work to do.  i am annoyed, and we should have gotten the safety, but i'm just saying i'm not sure it had the same impact to the outcome as the facemask or hold.

this is the crew that didn't even review caleb williams's fumble in the 4th last year.  go to 2:07:30 in the below.  huge, huge miss and error from the same fucking idiots.  two plays later is the bomb to mims that pretty much turned the game entirely instead of us having the ball at the ou 10.  not to mention the colossal fuckup at 16:17 that singlehandedly kept them in the game.

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

I only assume SEC refs because the road team's conference almost ALWAYS supplies the refs.  For instance, it was a Big 12 crew at the CyHawk game in Iowa City that gave Iowa 20 made up yards at the end of the game and allowed them to try a field goal.

Yup, usually the traveling team brings its own crew, or occasionally they used a 3rd party crew.  I was surprised when they announced it was a B12 crew.  And I was thoroughly disheartened when I realized which B12 crew it was.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Oh for sure it's unusual. I was fully expecting an SEC crew until I saw those fucking glasses. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Considering that the Offense has 11 on the field, the Defense has 11 on  the field, and the Refs have 11 on the field (counting the chain gang) and three more in the review booth, we need more scoreboard space, so we can keep better track of the refs' effects on the game. I particularly want to see how much time the refs waste in delaying the game when they stop the game just as the ball is snapped, to call a delay of game penalty.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

It don’t make a shit. If they play like they played all game the rest of the season they will get another shot at Alabama. 

yes it does make a shit.  it makes a lot of shit.  with a gazillion recruits there, a massive audience, etc..., that would have put us back on the map and light some fear into opponents.  it would have been the biggest win since usc.  instead, it is a bunch of moral victory bullshit and another blown fourth quarter lead...not to mention a completely depleted qb room.  while it was thrilling to watch a texas team completely control the l.o.s. in both directions against a quality opponent for the first time since 2006, there is virtually no chance that our two lines can match the intensity and quality they played with saturday for every game this season.  just not possible.  and a charles wright led longhorn team is capable of losing to any team left on the schedule.  that isn't chicken little shit so save the idiotic message board false bravado, it is just reality.

it is definitely time to move on but i would like to finally see some consequences for that officiating crew...they have fucked us out of two enormous, enormous wins in the last 12 months...and we never mentally recovered from the ou game for the rest of last season...that loss cost them 2 or 3 more.

Just now, sidis said:

yes it does make a shit.  it makes a lot of shit.  with a gazillion recruits there, a massive audience, etc..., that would have put us back on the map and light some fear into opponents.  it would have been the biggest win since usc.  instead, it is a bunch of moral victory bullshit and another blown fourth quarter lead...not to mention a completely depleted qb room.  while it was thrilling to watch a texas team completely control the l.o.s. in both directions against a quality opponent for the first time since 2006, there is virtually no chance that our two lines can match the intensity and quality they played with saturday for every game this season.  just not possible.  and a charles wright led longhorn team is capable of losing to any team left on the schedule.  that isn't chicken little shit so save the idiotic message board false bravado, it is just reality.

it is definitely time to move on but i would like to finally see some consequences for that officiating crew...they have fucked us out of two enormous, enormous wins in the last 12 months...and we never mentally recovered from the ou game for the rest of last season...that loss cost them 2 or 3 more.

You sound like a bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Amazing. You said this team was gonna suck before the season. 

I said there was no reason to believe they weren't going to suck this season. They have given us plenty to see why they will in fact not suck if they play the way they did Saturday the rest of the season. 

That was the best Texas team I've seen on the field since the Sugar Bowl, and this is game 2 not game 12 now let's see if they can keep it going. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, Magabro said:

Going to put this here. Dude has his priorities straight.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34583185/sergio-garcia-faces-dp-world-tour-fine-withdrawal-bmw-pga-championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC80FB38-C8EA-400D-8BAB-B2257494BC3B.thumb.jpeg.13ec8fb6c91bb5ce7abb8c54b2c5a4da.jpeg

I think he has a valid excuse since what happened to our QBs was certainly a “medical circumstance”.  It doesn’t specify to who.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Oh for sure it's unusual. I was fully expecting an SEC crew until I saw those fucking glasses. 

It was very unusual. 

The Missouri-Kansas State game played in Manhattan had a SEC crew. 

My first thought (after 3 Bulleits) was they said let the Big 12 take this game because Texas/Alabama will be a conference game next year anyway.

On 9/10/2022 at 10:11 PM, bullet said:

Don't know that I like that.  You want hungry, not satisfied after a loss.

Yes, no...maybe?

Way back in the day, Jr High and forward, we got our asses kicked in football every year by the same teams over and over. First game of our freshman changed the status quo. Granted our new freshman football coach, David Patrick made a huge difference. First game...the fucking Judson Rockets. Hell of a hard fought battle of a game that resulted in a 12-12 tie.  We came out of that game realizing that WE could play with  ANYBODY, we hung with the same guys that had destroyed us every year and damned near won. It caused a tremendous shift in attitude and  confidence and we went on to a very, very successful season.