Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

OU looks bad…….really bad.  I guess Venables will get a pass with the exodus of talent after Lincoln Riley went Grapes of Wrath, but that fan base’s patience is going to be razor thin especially with the SEC looming.  You almost feel sorry for them……… almost.

Edited by Steelers Roll Left
  • Haha 1

I think the main difference between this year and last year can be summed up with this one statistic:

In 2021 Texas had four scoring drives in the first half. They were drives of 1, 2, 3, and 6 plays.

Texas' first scoring drive in 2022 was 12 plays.

Last year, Texas was able to take advantage of a few OU mistakes to jump out to a lead. This year, Texas is just the better team. They are doing anything and everything they want on offense without having to be cute.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

If we look like a football team in the 3rd qtr I’ll beleive. Until then. Business as usual skeptical 

Our o line is doing much better at run blocking today (helped by easier assignments give the passing threat). Hopefully, that helps out with our 3rd quarter struggles. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

OU looks bad…….really bad.  I guess Venables will get a pass with the exodus of talent after Lincoln Riley went Grapes of Wrath, but that fan base’s patience is going to be razor thin especially with the SEC looming.  You almost feel sorry for them……… almost.

Hate To See It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Aslan24 said:

I think the main difference between this year and last year can be summed up with this one statistic:

In 2021 Texas had four scoring drives in the first half. They were drives of 1, 2, 3, and 6 plays.

Texas' first scoring drive in 2022 was 12 plays.

Last year, Texas was able to take advantage of a few OU mistakes to jump out to a lead. This year, Texas is just the better team. They are doing anything and everything they want on offense without having to be cute.

That is telling. If Texas ever develops a dominant defense again, we'll probably see similar scoring drives of 6 plays or less.

For now, taking more plays to craft a scoring drive is the way to go. It also works well for recruiting because they see more playmakers getting into the action.

How many of you here noticed that Gunnar Helm caught 2 passes in that first half?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

I don't think they have reached point where they realized how must Riley meant for them in today's offensive world. Venerables great guy, not sure about HC

Grapes of wrath. Outstanding.

7 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Nope. They hated him when he was dc.  All those feelings are probably already back, as these last 2 1/2 games have eroded any hopes they had of him being different after his time at Clemson. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1