#3 Bama at #6 Tennessee, Saturday Oct 15th @ 2:30pm CT on CBS

LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I love how in almost every game they put the spot they need to get into FG range at the 40 yard line.  Really, how many 57 yard walk offs have you seen?  It’s more than 0, but a 57 yarder is damn difficult much less with the game on the line.

Really its the Justin Tucker line. Normal kickers need the 30.

• Hook 'Em 4

yep,  in the history of Bama they have only had THREE other games where the other team scored more than 52 points on them.  thats fucking nuts. 
those teams are Auburn 53 in 1900, Sewanee 54 points in 1907 (original SEC team that I think became a priest school)., and Vanderbilt 78 points in 1906. 

I mean jesus christ, in the last 22 years  ou alone has scored more than 52 points against us 7 fucking times.     65 (twice), 63 (twice), 55 (twice), 53 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Cairn Horn88 said:

If you score 49 points and you don’t win, I wouldn’t blame that on the offense.

BOB's situational coaching was still very much in play during this game. The management at the end of the game was horrendous. 

Little things matter when there isn't a huge margin between the top teams. 

11 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I love how in almost every game they put the spot they need to get into FG range at the 40 yard line.  Really, how many 57 yard walk offs have you seen?  It’s more than 0, but a 57 yarder is damn difficult much less with the game on the line.

no matter where they put that line needed you can bet the dbacks will let the receivers catch the ball there

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Have tennessee fans considered the environmental cost of burying the goalpost which cannot decompose and the co2 emitted to manufacture a replacement?

With the number of times that river has been pissed in the goalposts are the least of its worries. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

And ole miss if bama beats lane

1. Kudos to Hoepel and staff for creative blitzes and stunts on D and matchup bonanzas in O. If Bryce Young weren’t Bryce Young, Bama loses by 24.

2. Hooker went unpressed and unmolested too many times and was deadly accurate when it counted.

3. Defeat, thy cousin is lack of discipline. Penalties by the bushel, most caused by lack of focus and situational ignorance. BoB sending in audibles too late.

4. Anyone else think Bama might have stood a better chance if, given 4th and long, just pooch punt and (assuming D can defend) play for O/T? Young was playing lights out at that stage of the game.

5. Congratulations to Tennessee on a well-earned win. If we’re lucky, maybe we’ll see you again.

Edited by Bama Llama
Tappoze
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Bama Llama said:

1. Kudos to Hoepel and staff for creative blitzes and stunts on D and matchup bonanzas in O. If Bryce Young weren’t Bryce Young, Bama loses by 24.

2. Hooker went unpressed and unmolested too many times and was deadly accurate when it counted.

3. Defeat, thy cousin is lack of discipline. Penalties by the bushel, most caused by lack of focus and situational ignorance. BoB sending in audibles too late.

4. Anyone else think Bama might have stood a better chance if, given 4th and long, just pooch punt and (assuming D can defend) play for O/T? Young was playing lights out at that stage of the game.

5. Congratulations to Tennessee on a well-earned win. If we’re lucky, maybe we’ll see you again.

You seem to be an eerily normal and level-headed person.  What is wrong with you?  

Why not lose your mind and explode into a inconsolable, non-sensical, dark, angry, desperate, lashing out type of rage like a 99.9% of Surly posters?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone else think Bama might have stood a better chance if, given 4th and long, just pooch punt and (assuming D can defend) play for O/T? Young was playing lights out at that stage of the game.

I agree.  Although obviously not the exact same scenario, the kick six game went through my mind as they lined up.

I also wonder where that miss was in Austin.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, deadshank said:

You seem to be an eerily normal and level-headed person.  What is wrong with you?  

Why not lose your mind and explode into a inconsolable, non-sensical, dark, angry, desperate, lashing out type of rage like a 99.9% of Surly posters?  

I have seen 71 years come and go and absorbed some of what I observed and considered facts as facts. Also, after Tua-to-Devanta for the title on 2nd and 26 a few years ago, I pledged not to ever again bitch about anything related to Alabama football. Give credit where it’s due.

• Hook 'Em 7

Can you just order up goal posts and have them delivered and installed in less than a week, in this supply chain environment? 

Tennessee forfeits to UT Martin due to lack of supplying a field to play on.

UT Martin refuses to play the game anywhere else but neyland

Tennessee drops to 23rd in the polls
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

How does it feel to see the beginning of the end of your dynasty?  With NIL and Saban getting old, your time at the top is over.

I have seen 71 years come and go and absorbed some of what I observed and considered facts as facts. Also, after Tua-to-Devanta for the title on 2nd and 26 a few years ago, I pledged not to ever again bitch about anything related to Alabama football. Give credit where it’s due.

no Bama fan should bitch about anything football related ever again after the run of success with Saban. ever

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Can someone above my "played intramurals brother" level of X's and O's explain to me how Heupel is so successful?  Hooker was a 3rd string sub last year.  They don't have much of a running game.  The players performing aren't exactly 5 stars.  But, holy heck that offense.

mostly clean pocket, accurate strong armed qb with good receivers, have you missed OU football the last 20 years?

• Hook 'Em 1