Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

6 hours ago, redswingline said:
Not sure who he choked or if that is accurate. That said, women smack men all the time and everyone thinks "the guy probably deserved it" but if a man smacks a woman, even if she hit him first, everyone flips their shit.

You know who else smack men all the time?  Children! 

Children smack men all the time and everyone thinks "the guy probably deserved it" but if a man smacks a child, even if the child hit him first, everyone flips their shit.

See how stupid that sounds?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, troph said:

I think the theories have run their course and were useful for the shock stage of grief - you know when it’s so shocking you actually laugh instead of cry - and now we settle in for the long haul. Beard’s gone. Bet he’s asked to explain himself, I bet he declines on advice of counsel and he’s fired by Friday. While we are focused on his job his lawyer is telling him to focus on his freedom and liberty. It’s time to put his name out of our minds and focus on someone else. A year from now we will find out if he’s a prisoner or just a chump but his up side is chump not champion. 

It will actually be an interesting day.  Either his lawyer comes out guns blazing with facts that contradict the arrest report, or more likely, those facts don't exist, there is supporting physical evidence, and Beard potentially just resigns to avoid getting fired

Just now, Skipper said:

It will actually be an interesting day.  Either his lawyer comes out guns blazing with facts that contradict the arrest report, or more likely, those facts don't exist, there is supporting physical evidence, and Beard potentially just resigns to avoid getting fired

That’s possible too. Either way chump not champ and done by the weekend imo.

17 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Soooooo…what’s on the card for today?

6A - Wake up

6:30 - Shower

7A Eat breakfast and travel to worksite

8A-11:30A - work

11:30A lunch

12:00 - 5P work at worksite

6P - dinner

6:30 - 8 - Religious time/narcotics anonymous/anger management 

9P - Lights out

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, troph said:

I think the theories have run their course and were useful for the shock stage of grief - you know when it’s so shocking you actually laugh instead of cry - and now we settle in for the long haul. Beard’s gone. Bet he’s asked to explain himself, I bet he declines on advice of counsel and he’s fired by Friday. While we are focused on his job his lawyer is telling him to focus on his freedom and liberty. It’s time to put his name out of our minds and focus on someone else. A year from now we will find out if he’s a prisoner or just a chump but his up side is chump not champion. 

Yep.  My Day One shock has worn off, and I've accepted the fact that we had hired a bad ass coach who could have taken our hoops program to another level, but regardless of the ultimate outcome of his criminal case, he fucked up beyond all repair, he's gone, and now we're hoping we can hire someone as good as Shaka Smart.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 4

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Yep.  My Day One shock has worn off, and I've accepted the fact that we had hired a bad ass coach who could have taken our hoops program to another level, but regardless of the ultimate outcome of his criminal case, he fucked up beyond all repair, he's gone, and now we're hoping we can hire someone as good as Shaka Smart.

Can we just have a grade leaking drunk who runs and shoots? 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

She’s bangable only if you’re Chris beard without money. She is not attractive. 

Filthy rich and successful Chris Beard has a lot of hotter options that are sane. That chick is decently attractive but not even remotely worth the baggage she brings with her. Beard should’ve dumped her as soon as he got the Texas job and just hooked up with a bunch of coeds.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, troph said:

This is spot on.  I have a friend who was charged with assault with many extenuating circumstances.  His employer asked for his side of the story, he declined on advice of his attorney, he was fired two days later and 3 years later all charges were dropped.  He moved on, so did his employer.  The justice system moves slow, employers can't afford to wait it out and give employees the benefit of the doubt only to have egg on their face at a later date.

7 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

We won. WTF do you want? A loss? 

It is College Basketball. Our ex-coach was just hit with a felony charge. The boys played. The interim won. 

They won. Jeeeeeezzzz.... 

Just to say, don't read rankings. Read the team. @fastbreak guess you wanted us to lose. Nah...... 

Wow, getting a fuck you for supporting the team. 

Internet warriors for the win. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Terry is not the guy.

The team can play hard for the acting head corch and that acting head corch still not be the right fit for the future of the program.

Both of those things can be true at the same time.

Agree, but we can hope he can hold it together. Maybe the players like him. Better than going cold like a bunch of turds and turning our backs on the the players. they were not involved in the biting monkey orgy. 

Who are we going to get during the season? 

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

IMO the only thing that would save him at this point is if she came out and said she lied to the cops, inflicted the injuries upon herself, etc.

Or if there was a Nanny Cam showing her punching his motionless body and saying "I'm going to call the cops and say you choked me and get you fired"

There was already going to be a ton of turnover after the season.  So in one way, having to replace the coach won’t affect the roster so much as most of it was already expected to depart.  

new arena and maybe a 5 million per year contract ought to be attractive to some good coaches, you’d hope. 

but hopefully the guys want to perform this season and play hard until it’s time to go. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There was already going to be a ton of turnover after the season.  So in one way, having to replace the coach won’t affect the roster so much as most of it was already expected to depart.  

new arena and maybe a 5 million per year contract ought to be attractive to some good coaches, you’d hope. 

but hopefully the guys want to perform this season and play hard until it’s time to go. 

Moody
$5 million per year
Texas' collective NIL efforts
Basketball recruiting hotbed state

That should be very attractive to a lot of coaches. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m prefacing by acknowledging Beard’s actions must be accounted for, he strangled his wife and must live with the consequences of that terrible action. With that, I’m curious how extensive these recordings with his wife are? It could be that he only recorded the one incident on Monday morning and very little substance comes from them. It could also be that he’s recorded multiple of these altercations over a longer period of time. Their relationship appears to have been troubled for some time. I wonder if this case takes on a Johnny Depp v Amber Heard quality where extensive audio recordings are a key evidence point in the court of public opinion. 

The concept of recording conversations isn’t foreign for College Basketball coaches who do shady shit in recruiting. 

Edited by CheesePie

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

You know who else smack men all the time?  Children! 

Children smack men all the time and everyone thinks "the guy probably deserved it" but if a man smacks a child, even if the child hit him first, everyone flips their shit.

See how stupid that sounds?

I agree 100%.

It does sound stupid to think adult interactions are the equivalent of an interaction between an adult and child.

Edited by redswingline

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

She very well might do that - it’s not uncommon in domestic violence incidents in general, and she has way more incentive than most to recant and try to keep $5million a year coming in and the lifestyle that goes with it.  But I don’t think it matters at this point because Beard already pretty much admitted he got violent even if he says he wasn’t the aggressor.  Nobody would believe them and would just assume it happened but now she had a change of heart for dollars or because that’s just their toxic pattern.

And I would imagine she had plenty to do with instigating the fight, to be honest, considering her own story to the police still begins with, “I broke his glasses for no reason.”  She seems volatile, she very well may have attacked him first, etc.   But it doesn’t matter.  It seems very likely his response to whatever happened went beyond self defense, and if she has bruises and bite marks while he already admitting he got physical - then he’s toast.

This assumes that both parties will stay in the relationship after this event. 

Yeah, sounds like by the standards of today, standard operating procedure says he’s gone, and probably regardless of any thoughts of letting the legal process play out.  But I say that while acknowledging that decision is made tougher by the FACT that a football school, with a fan base that really has never supported the basketball program, seems to have won the lottery with the Beard hire strictly speaking from a basketball perspective in spite of the program’s realities already outlined above.  You had found your Darrell Royal/Mack Brown for the basketball program displaying almost immediate results, and I think we’ve all experienced that it’s not easy to find the “next one” despite UT’s apparent financial and other advantages.  

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Moody
$5 million per year
Texas' collective NIL efforts
Basketball recruiting hotbed state

That should be very attractive to a lot of coaches. 

Way before Rick left, I read an article that said it was the best basketball job because of resources, we have a lot, and pressure, very little.

1 hour ago, MotownHorn said:

What is y’all’s beef with him? Coaching tactics or his seemingly chill demeanor or something else?

No one has beef with Terry. If you follow basketball and the program, you know that Terry isn’t a HC. He’s a great recruiter and assistant. That’s fine. People need to be in those roles. He’s not a HC at a major P5 program. He’s has something like a (.510) winning percentage as a college head coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Yeah, sounds like by the standards of today, standard operating procedure says he’s gone, and probably regardless of any thoughts of letting the legal process play out.  But I say that while acknowledging that decision is made tougher by the FACT that a football school, with a fan base that really has never supported the basketball program, seems to have won the lottery with the Beard hire strictly speaking from a basketball perspective in spite of the program’s realities already outlined above.  You had found your Darrell Royal/Mack Brown for the basketball program displaying almost immediate results, and I think we’ve all experienced that it’s not easy to find the “next one” despite UT’s apparent financial and other advantages.  

We're going to do our own investigating and our decision will be based on that.  Court proceedings will be irrelevant. OJ was found innocent by the courts, wouldn't want him to be our RB coach.

29 minutes ago, 'stache said:

There’s plenty of other people you can bang who won’t put your livelihood at risk.

This is an oversimplification of real life. You can't know if your partner will put your livelihood at risk until you have been a difficult situation with that person. Most people knowingly don't choose crazy partners.

21 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

She very well might do that - it’s not uncommon in domestic violence incidents in general, and she has way more incentive than most to recant and try to keep $5million a year coming in and the lifestyle that goes with it.  But I don’t think it matters at this point because Beard already pretty much admitted he got violent even if he says he wasn’t the aggressor.  Nobody would believe them and would just assume it happened but now she had a change of heart for dollars or because that’s just their toxic pattern.

And I would imagine she had plenty to do with instigating the fight, to be honest, considering her own story to the police still begins with, “I broke his glasses for no reason.”  She seems volatile, she very well may have attacked him first, etc.   But it doesn’t matter.  It seems very likely his response to whatever happened went beyond self defense, and if she has bruises and bite marks while he already admitted he got physical - then he’s toast.

Where did he pretty much admit he got violent?  

8 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

How is letting the legal process play out going to change anyone’s mind about the notion that he cannot coach here?  Give me some examples and I will tell you why you’re wrong. 

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

This is an oversimplification of real life. You can't know if your partner will put your livelihood at risk until you have been a difficult situation with that person. Most people knowingly don't choose crazy partners.

This just is not true, at all. 

20 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Because the poster is a lunatic here and elsewhere, he's posting the same stuff every 20 seconds, and losing his shit when people say- hey- instead of firing him before he gets out of jail lets go ahead and suspend him and do at least a modicum of due dilligence in figuring out what actually happened.  I think the vast vast vast majority of people on here believe he will ultimately be fired but prudently we will wait for the fog of war on this deal to wear off to see what actually happened. 

Yeah I realized that after finishing reading the entire thread.  Carry on with the negs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, JFKFC said:

We know someone called the cops and said Beard was choking a woman. We know the cops arrested Beard for choking a woman. CDC needs to fire him right now. Anyone who thinks otherwise is really, really, really stupid. This isn't about what really happened. 

This ranks right up there with "We have to pass the bill to see what's in it". 

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, Red Five said:

IMO the only thing that would save him at this point is if she came out and said she lied to the cops, inflicted the injuries upon herself, etc.

That’s what I was thinking the move is if I’m Beard (and her) regarding the incident- she testifies it was all her lies and she choked/hit/bit herself (going to be bad if the bite is somewhere on her body she can’t get her mouth on) she sells it hard and we and UT all pretend we want to believe her and move on. 

some sort of “mistakes were made, I’m not pressing charges” won’t do him any good with UT. 

Note- I’m not saying this is what happened and I’m 99% sure this didn’t happen like this. Just saying the only thing that could possibly get him to keep his job. 

If I was crazy redhead I’d tell that lie rather than lose my meal ticket and I’d sell the hell out of it, complete with counseling for alcohol or whatever other show I needed to put on. 1/2 of 100M over there next 15-20 years is a lot better than coaching JR high volleyball and teaching PE. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cody2422 said:

This is spot on.  I have a friend who was charged with assault with many extenuating circumstances.  His employer asked for his side of the story, he declined on advice of his attorney, he was fired two days later and 3 years later all charges were dropped.  He moved on, so did his employer.  The justice system moves slow, employers can't afford to wait it out and give employees the benefit of the doubt only to have egg on their face at a later date.

His job is gone.  He needs to avoid jail and hopefully eventually get his career back by returning in a small low profile school.  And avoid the wrong side of hot/crazy.

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi