Celebrity Death Pool -- 2023

Aqua Buddha

40 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

He was in a really underrated movie with a pretty great ensemble cast (Bill Paxton, Diane Lane, Elizabeth Perkins, Kevin Pollak, etc.) called Indian Summer.   Great flick.

Movie was a little too sappy and trite for me, but I need to back and rewatch now that I'm sharing my camp stories growing up with my oldest since she wants to go away to camp next summer for the first time.

But to your point, Arkin and Pollack were fantastic in that little film.  They carried it, IMO.  That and Diane Lane in a bathing suit.

Jane Fonda (85)

Mick Fleetwood (75)

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (75)

John "Ozzy" Osbourne (74)

Ric Flair (73)

Bruce Willis (67)

Paul Levesque aka Triple H (53)

Gabriel Iglesias (46)

Kanye West (45)

JaMarcus Russell (37)

Got my eye on you, Iglesias.

Good save here.

https://amp.tmz.com/2023/06/30/gabriel-iglesias-fluffy-private-jet-emergency-landing-plane-north-carolina/

On 7/2/2023 at 2:10 PM, McCroskey said:

I don't know what kind of Voodoo you practice, but I am setting a reminder to not piss of @McCroskey because death list is a real thing

• Haha 1

Almost added one from my list

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66154758

Former US national gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar was stabbed multiple times in prison on Sunday during a fight with another inmate, the BBC's US partner CBS News reports.

Nassar, 59, was sentenced to up to 175 years in prison for molesting gymnasts.

He is reportedly in hospital in stable condition after the Sunday attack.

He suffered a collapsed lung after being stabbed twice in the neck, twice in the back and six times in the chest, a prison union leader told NBC.

In a statement to the BBC, the Federal Bureau of Prisons said an inmate had been assaulted at 14:35 EST (18:35 GMT) on Sunday at United States Penitentiary Coleman in Florida, where the disgraced former doctor is serving time.

"Responding staff immediately initiated life-saving measures", the agency said, and the inmate was taken to a local hospital "for further treatment and evaluation". An internal investigation has been launched.

No staff or other inmates were injured in the incident.

9 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

They should have watched his ass die before they began life saving treatment.

There's an order/payment structure to it all.  The hardest/most expensive is severe injury sending the inmate to the infirmary (preferably on a repeated basis).  Because the inmate may decide to finger the inmate(s) involved in the attack.  So that's pricey.  A straight up murder is next, dead men don't talk but dead bodies raise all kinda inquiries just the same.  Then non-lethal beatings.  And the relatively new one is a twist on psychological torture, where you can also get intel on the inmate's family and have an inmate repeat that out loud to the target.  Plant in his head that his loved ones are going to suffer at xyz address or abc company after work, because of what the inmate did to his victims.  Sometimes that can lead to suicide.  Mostly leads to the inmate going down a new rabbit hole of mental anguish and emotional torture.  

Anywhere from $50 in the canteen account up to five figures in cash delivered to the relative/friend of the inmate you hire via third party.  

The Cholas that fucked with Jenna Ryan's mental state while she was on the inside.......once every couple of months at one her listings.....some of their gal pals still drive by on open house day and wave to her and walk around the front yard and check out the house.  A friendly reminder to keep it tidy.  Looks like Larry's gonna learn that the even harder way.  It's not like any of the victims' fathers would engage in something like having him beat into the medic.

• Hook 'Em 1

Reeves Callaway - those of us growing up in the 80s or 90s and dreaming of fast cars probably remember him.  He was 76.  Also the son of the founder of Callaway Golf

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1140201_reeves-callaway-founder-of-callaway-cars-dead-at-76

1689358272761.jpeg

"Reeves Callaway with the 'Sledgehammer' Corvette that set the world street legal speed record of 254 miles per hour in 1988, which stood for more than 20 years. "

Ely Reeves Callaway III (known as Reeves), founder of Corvette tuner Callway Cars, died on Tuesday at his home in California after sustaining injuries in a fall. He was 76.

Son of Callaway Golf founder Reeves Callaway Jr., and brother of publisher Nicholas Callaway, the younger Reeves started his company in 1977 in a garage in Old Lyme, Connecticut, growing it into a prolific builder of performance road cars and race cars.

While Callaway Cars has offered aftermarket parts for multiple brands, including BMW, Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Land Rover, and Mazda, the company is primarily associated with the Chevrolet Corvette. In 1987, General Motors gave the tuner its official stamp of approval, designating Callaway a Specialty Vehicle Manufacturer and allowing Callaway Corvettes to be sold through Chevy dealers with the B2K factory code.

In 1989, Callaway Cars built the SledgeHammer, a C4 Corvette powered by a twin-turbo 5.7-liter V-8 that produced 880 hp and 774 lb-ft of torque—unbelievable numbers in the 1980s. John Lingenfelter drove it to a top speed of 254.76 mph at the 7.5-mile Transportation Research Center test track in East Liberty, Ohio.

• Hook 'Em 1

Kevin Mitnick - 59, and his wife is pregnant with his first child.  I can't imagine knowing I'm going to die and not get to meet my kid.

Feel slightly old, and met him several years ago, seemed nice, definitely an interesting guy, and I remember a bunch of friends in the 90s into the whole FREE KEVIN movement.

https://www.engadget.com/kevin-mitnick-formerly-the-worlds-most-wanted-hacker-has-passed-away-084912966.html

Kevin Mitnick, who was once one of the world's most wanted computer hackers, has passed away at 59 on July 16th. According to his obituary, Mitnick battled pancreatic cancer for more than a year and was undergoing treatment at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. "[M]uch of his life reads like a fiction story," his obituary reads, and that's perhaps the perfect way to describe his tale. The first time Mitnick infiltrated a computer system was way back in 1979, but it wasn't until 1988 that he was convicted and sentenced to 12 months in prison for copying a company's software.

He broke into Pacific Bell's voicemail computers when he was under supervised release and then continued to hack into cell networks, as well as company and government websites, as a fugitive in the 90s. Mitnick was also involved in the theft of thousands of files and credit card numbers, but his obituary says he "never took one dime from any of his 'victims.'" He was eventually caught in 1995 and charged with illegal use of a telephone access device and computer fraud. Apparently, authorities believed he had access to corporate trade secrets worth millions of dollars at the time.

Obituary: 

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/las-vegas-nv/kevin-mitnick-11371668

Kevin David Mitnick, 59, died peacefully on Sunday, July 16, 2023, after valiantly battling pancreatic cancer for more than a year. Kevin is survived by his beloved wife, Kimberley Mitnick, who remained by his side throughout their 14-month ordeal. Kimberley is pregnant with their first child. Kevin was ecstatic about this new chapter in his and Kimberley's life together, which has now been sadly cut short.

Its a sneaky way to get 11 people on your 10 person list. I've contemplated using "drummer Roger Taylor" (Queen and Duran Duran), "singer James Taylor" (the solo artist and the Kool & The Gang lead singer), and "guitarist Mick Jones" (The Clash and Foreigner) for 2024 to circumvent the rules and get 13 players on my roster.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Kevin Mitnick - 59, and his wife is pregnant with his first child.  I can't imagine knowing I'm going to die and not get to meet my kid.

Feel slightly old, and met him several years ago, seemed nice, definitely an interesting guy, and I remember a bunch of friends in the 90s into the whole FREE KEVIN movement.

https://www.engadget.com/kevin-mitnick-formerly-the-worlds-most-wanted-hacker-has-passed-away-084912966.html

Obituary: 

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/las-vegas-nv/kevin-mitnick-11371668

I have sat through many mandatory hours of his IT Security videos.

• Hook 'Em 3