Celebrity Death Pool -- 2023

Aqua Buddha

On 3/20/2023 at 6:00 AM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I really figured Grendel to be the balding guy with the long greasy pony tail type. Hmm.

RIP, dude. He was definitely out there.

He's pretty much like I imagined him, except ji saw him skinnier and scragglier, like a weird Simpsons character.

RIP Grendel

Edited by SHOOTER12

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Not cool dude.  Grendel was good people and actually died.  And I almost died last year.  And neither of us are celebrities.  His family might still be reading this site so be cool man. 

And that sounds EXACTLY like something Grendel would write!

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Harry Belafonte finally going home…  Dead at 96 per CNN. 

Come mister tally man, tally me banana

Daylight come and we want go home

He was a great singer and even bigger member of the Civil Rights movement.   A legend in many ways.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I do love me some Belafonte.  Do yourself a favor and put "Jump in the Line" on and see if you don't just feel like tapping your toe while listening to that song.  Then play "Hallelujah, I Lover So" and relax to an simple but elegant ballad.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Jamaica Farewell was always my favorite song of his. 

RIP Dude. Only thing I have against him was his support for Papa Doc in Haiti. 

And just for giggles. I think you can see he is having a good time. I remember watching this when real young and still love it. 

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

his trash TV really had an impact on the culture, respectfully.  

If this was fake, this would be comedy gold.  But as far as I know, this was real, which makes it heartbreaking for those kids.   

Just because you can make a TV show doesn't mean you should.

19 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

If this was fake, this would be comedy gold.  But as far as I know, this was real, which makes it heartbreaking for those kids.   

Just because you can make a TV show doesn't mean you should.

he made himself rich off trash tv and contibuted to the decline of the standard immensely. I don't think Fox News gets as low as they are without Jerry Springer, where TV interaction becomes dumbed down pro-wrestling. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

he made himself rich off trash tv and contibuted to the decline of the standard immensely. I don't think Fox News gets as low as they are without Jerry Springer, where TV interaction becomes dumbed down pro-wrestling. 

I know you are bagging on Jerry here, but quoting Maury's stuff is a bit diengenuous.

Jerry's schtick was the rando fights on set, and the audience chanting at the morons who were on stage.      but they only did that after their ratings went through the roof after a fight happened during taping.  They filmed what the moronic audience wanted.

Jenny Jones perfected the ambush show so much she helped get a guy killed,  Oprah wasnt always the happy happy joy joy woman we have known the last 25 years when she was giving everyone a car... she absolutely rolled in the filth

Maury is who took the genre to the whole other fucking level with the DNA tests.   

I remember they had a woman who ended up testing something like 15 dudes to try and find the dad- which they never did. 

I mean holy shit, after the 2nd or 3rd time, Maury knew everytime she was going to be on the show it was going to be a ratings smash because it allowed the audience to say to themselves.... "that girl such a ho how many dudes she sleep with in a 1 month timeframe" and the larger that negative father number got the more fucking outrageous the show got.

On 4/27/2023 at 4:07 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

I know you are bagging on Jerry here, but quoting Maury's stuff is a bit diengenuous.

Jerry's schtick was the rando fights on set, and the audience chanting at the morons who were on stage.      but they only did that after their ratings went through the roof after a fight happened during taping.  They filmed what the moronic audience wanted.

Jenny Jones perfected the ambush show so much she helped get a guy killed,  Oprah wasnt always the happy happy joy joy woman we have known the last 25 years when she was giving everyone a car... she absolutely rolled in the filth

Maury is who took the genre to the whole other fucking level with the DNA tests.   

I remember they had a woman who ended up testing something like 15 dudes to try and find the dad- which they never did. 

I mean holy shit, after the 2nd or 3rd time, Maury knew everytime she was going to be on the show it was going to be a ratings smash because it allowed the audience to say to themselves.... "that girl such a ho how many dudes she sleep with in a 1 month timeframe" and the larger that negative father number got the more fucking outrageous the show got.

I would be ashamed of myself if I knew this much about trashy talk shows.