Blockbusters you’ve never seen

GoPokes83

ive never seen:
any star wars movie
any comic book/dc/marvel movie save deadpool
any indiana jones movie
any LOTR movie
any James Bond movie
many, many more. i saw shawshank for the first time like a month ago. i saw heat for the first time less than 24 hours ago. i guess i'm just generally not that into "blockbuster" movies. 
Indiana Jones is corny as hell
I've never seen any Bond movies either.
I pass on most comic book movies. I feel lost any time I watch it. Way too much to keep up with in those worlds with that storyline.

11 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Best picture winners I’ve never seen:

Shape of Water, 12 Years a Slave, Nomadland, Green Book, BirdMan, Million Dollar Baby, Argo, Slumdog Millionaire, Shakespeare in Love.  Others going back further, but anything there really something I should see?

Million Dollar Baby, Argo and Slumdog Millionaire are solid.

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I watched Titanic and The Notebook for the first time this year. Both were average. Not bad but definitely not great.

Was it cuz you knew how it ended ? Or a lot of plot before watching ?

with all the door fits two people memes 

and who the reader of the book was ?

watching fresh in the theater as a blockbuster ain’t the same 20 years later on a 55 inch 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, McCroskey said:

Never seen 5 seconds of Harry Potter.

This, even though my grown ass sons and nieces have read the books many times over.  One of them jokes that she would never date a guy who hadn't seen it.  I tell her I hope she can find it in her heart to be nice to me.

Neither Avatar.  No inclination to do so either.

I’ve seen almost every major blockbuster. But I’ve definitely missed a more off the beaten path Best Picture winner here or there (Shape of Water, 12 Years a Slave, etc).

My big no see is Hamilton, either show or the Disney live verson.  At this point, I’ve become a Non Star Wars watcher about it: people have demanded I watch it so many times that I will obstinately go to my grave uninitiated. 

The Avatar non watchers aren’t missing anything.  I forgot 3/4 of the plot before I hit the Movie Theater exits after it was over.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Bro. Someone here please say saving private Ryan,  gladiator or dark knight 

Ok, I put off Ryan a long time before I saw it. Still haven't seen the other two. Others not seen: Titanic, prequels of Star Wars, Grease, Top Gun, Jurassic anything, Fast and Furious any number, Frozen 1 or 2, Minions, Skyfall, any Transformers, or Joker.

Taken from this list.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/highest-grossing-movies-all-time/

Some comic book movies omitted that I haven't seen either. 

I might get around to some of these at one point, but there are some I actively avoid. Titanic first among those l won't willingly spend one second of time watching.

1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Was it cuz you knew how it ended ? Or a lot of plot before watching ?

with all the door fits two people memes 

and who the reader of the book was ?

watching fresh in the theater as a blockbuster ain’t the same 20 years later on a 55 inch 

Titanic just ran so long. Could have easily been sized down for an easier watch. Dragged on with a love story that didn't hold my interest for the duration of the movie. Watched it once and will never watch again.

17 hours ago, texashorne said:

The Godfather (all 3)

Caddy Shack

I did scratch Roadhouse off the list last week. 

Legit jealous  would give anything to be able to watch the two godfathers again for the first time.

you have  no idea how lucky you are.  They are some of the few classic that truly live up the hype and have not aged at all 

5 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I’ve never seen Gladiator or Braveheart all the way through. 

157D23A3-7760-4888-9564-041C000C4D52.gif

for 20 years I had braveheart as my favorite movie of all time. 
mel was my guy. Speakin French smashing the princess. 
raising an army. And handling business 

Edited by kingkoopa6
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Okay I just looked more recent ones 

Spider Man: No Way Home 

Any Fast and Furious movie 

Most Transformers movies 

Frozen II

Pirates of Caribbean after 2nd movie

Alice in Wonderland movies 

Despicable Me after 2nd movie

Ice Age movies after 1st movie 

Birdman

Shape of Water 

The Artist 

12 Years a Slave 

Moonlight 

Get Out

The Tree of Life 

Nomadland 

Selma

Her 

Boyhood 

Roma 

La La Land

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Most Transformers movies 

Frozen II

Birdman

Shape of Water 

The Artist 

12 Years a Slave 

Moonlight 

Get Out

The Tree of Life 

Nomadland 

Selma

Her 

Boyhood 

Roma 

La La Land

And that’s fair. But when you get a chance. Catch Get Out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Damn. Y’all got me replaying LOTR again. 

and I’ll fuckin do it too. From the beginning 

I own all 3 extended on amazon and watch it all the way through probably once a year. 

1 minute ago, Hate said:

I’ve never seen any of the Pirate of the Caribbean movies. I’ve never seen any Fast or Furious or any of the Transformers movies either.

The first Pirates is really good. Much better than any of the FF or Transformers movies. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, 59 Burst said:

Im guessing that if you have not seen Potter, LOR or Titanic. You utilize your free time doing other things.

No way that one who enjoys the cinema has not seen those movies 

Or, perhaps those that haven't seen potter or LOR don't enjoy fantasy jerkoffery

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Most Transformers movies 

Frozen II

Birdman

Shape of Water 

The Artist 

12 Years a Slave 

Moonlight 

Get Out

The Tree of Life 

Nomadland 

Selma

Her 

Boyhood 

Roma 

La La Land

all of these

6 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Oscar winners seemed like a reasonable threshold as well

Blockbuster and Oscar winner are not the same. They sometimes can be. A blockbuster makes bank at the box office, it doesn't have to win an award. An Oscar winner gets a bounce from the award but might not get anywhere near the payday of something like Fast and Furious. 

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

Blockbuster and Oscar winner are not the same. They sometimes can be. A blockbuster makes bank at the box office, it doesn't have to win an award. An Oscar winner gets a bounce from the award but might not get anywhere near the payday of something like Fast and Furious. 

Thank you for explaining this to us 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Damn so if y’all ain’t watching blockbuster movies ? What are you watching ? Twiight? 50 shades?

Or like, I’m assuming this shyt gets brought up in your friends group often. And y’all be like nah, no idea what that means… like are you not entertained? Or brooks was here. so was red. Winnings winning. My precious.  Bond, James Bond. I am your father. Freedom…..

Edited by kingkoopa6

If you've never seen any Star Wars movie and plan on keeping it that way then whatever. If you've never seen the Lord of The Rings films and think you're cool because of it or you're above it or that they're faggy then you might as well go the rest of your life without having an orgasm. They are unadulterated cinematic masterpieces and the only films that compare from a technical standpoint are projects from close to or more than a hundred years ago when they were still trying to figure out how to pull shit off on camera. 

It amazes me how many people haven't seen those movies. Not just olds where it's understandable - but people around my generation who had zero excuse to not view them. 

If you're one of these people then quit being a bitch and go fire up the Fellowship. If you hate it after 20 minutes then fair enough but at least you can die knowing that you gave it a shot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If you've never seen any Star Wars movie and plan on keeping it that way then whatever. If you've never seen the Lord of The Rings films and think you're cool because of it or you're above it or that they're faggy then you might as well go the rest of your life without having an orgasm. They are unadulterated cinematic masterpieces and the only films that compare from a technical standpoint are projects from close to or more than a hundred years ago when they were still trying to figure out how to pull shit off on camera. 

It amazes me how many people haven't seen those movies. Not just olds where it's understandable - but people around my generation who had zero excuse to not view them. 

If you're one of these people then quit being a bitch and go fire up the Fellowship. If you hate it after 20 minutes then fair enough but at least you can die knowing that you gave it a shot. 

clerks-clerks-ii.gif

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Some people have an allergic reaction when they see guys running around like Will Ferrell in Elf talking about Santa's arrival every time a new Star Wars/LOTR/Harry Potter/Marvel movie comes out. There's something sad about people seeking a meaning for their lives through corporate consumerism. 

The Lord of the Rings is a good movie franchise, and yeah, definitely worth a watch, but everything is not for everybody. 

How would you feel if bass fishermen came up to you, calling you a bitch because you don't want to go bass fishing? Insert any activity you have no interest in for bass fishing. 

Let people enjoy stuff they want to enjoy, and let them ignore stuff that doesn't interest them. 

Edited by Richard Kimball
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 12/23/2022 at 5:14 PM, CooterBrown said:

Forrest Gump and Shawshank Redemption. Fuck those movies.

spacer.png

I saw both. So strongly agree with the first. So strongly disagree on the second. 

I had no inclination to see either. Went with a group to Gump. Happened to catch Shawshank from start on TV when I had nothing else to do. Glad it happened.

I've missed 90% of the superhero movies. One X-men I saw. No Thor. No Hulk. The first Iron Man was good. The Heath Ledger Batman is a classic.

I decided to look up the top grossing movies of all time. So many of them are in the new-ish century. I put an x by the ones I haven't seen. I was surprised by the list and how few I'd been interested in.

image.png.f73ed2ac4f5b4a7b709dfd84d7183454.png

I see a lot of very popular movies and like them. I see all the nominess every year. The stuff in the list above doesn't interest me at all. The best of any genre is usually good. Deadpool and some of the Batman movies are good. Michael Mann makes movies I love. 

Longer answer than anyone wanted. Good thread!

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 9:19 PM, dcbc said:

I've seen tons of movies.  I love movies.  But I've got some good ones that I damn well should have seen but have now:

No Country for Old Men

Fight Club

Braveheart

Hoosiers

Field of Dreams

Schindler's List

Raging Bull

Dances with Wolves

Blade Runner

The Deer Hunter

I wish I could forget seeing those movies and watch them again for the first time. The weakest one, IMHO, is Dances With Wolves, but it's still a good movie.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/23/2022 at 11:59 PM, Sbbruin said:

Best picture winners I’ve never seen:

Shape of Water, 12 Years a Slave, Nomadland, Green Book, BirdMan, Million Dollar Baby, Argo, Slumdog Millionaire, Shakespeare in Love.  Others going back further, but anything there really something I should see?

Very interesting. The Academy Awards have been weird for quite awhile because it seems the market is divided into shallow but fun blockbusters and Sundance competition. None of those movies leap to mind as intensely memorable and something you will think of later in life. 

Recommended:

Shape of Water: fun, interesting little movie. Moving in its way.

Birdman is another small one with a terrific cast that was an interesting watch. I remember almost nothing from it.

Slumdog Millionaire: Great ride and intense. I loved it, but I've never been tempted to watch it again.

Okay movies:

12 Years a Slave. Stilted as you would expect. 

Green Book; Nice contrast in characters. Almost derserves a recommend.

Argo: overrated but solid.

Don't waste your time:

Shakespeare in Love: You don't feel like poking out your own eyes, but it's a silly bit of fluff.

Million Dollar Baby: Swank is best playing ordinary women. She's very good. The movie doesn't add up to enough.

Slap anyone who calls this great:

Nomadland. Holy shit this is a slow movie. Not devoid of value, but it kept me wondering, who cares? All the other movies nominated that year were better. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/24/2022 at 5:55 PM, kingkoopa6 said:

Damn. Y’all got me replaying LOTR again. 

and I’ll fuckin do it too. From the beginning 

Wow. Forgot about the fellowship scene

When frodo blade turns blue

Aragon tells him to run, he turns and is met head on with 50 orcs 

This remind me of Jon snow battle of the bastard 1 v 50. Legendary 

• Like 1