Christmas Loot thread

ztejas

We usually do one of these, right?

I havent opened anything yet but I'm leading this off with a gag gift that I got for my straight-laced, UT-grad dad in wake of recent developments. 

20221224_161220.thumb.jpg.4993a160df92e41cc5425c720e6869a3.jpg

20221224_161234.thumb.jpg.b9ded340e2531ac1e473e0d16a37b56e.jpg

It was found, predictably, in the aggy section at Academy. 

Post what you've gotten already or are planning to get. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

Rechargeable, too? Well that's a gift that just keeps on giving. It's strange because I've never seen these at our local CVS...

Picked out the Mrs a bunch of jewelry that cost me a small fortune. Didn't really want to spend that much but she's been pregnant for more than half the year.

Got the boy a bunch of cheap shit (toys, coloring books, etc.) he'll wind up breaking before his sister gets here in February. Really pisses me off because I'd like to get him some cool shit but I already saw that movie more than once. New year's fireworks helps me feel a little better, too. 

I had to treat myself to one of these bad boys after getting frustrated too many times with smoker boxes on my grill:

02678762.jpg?size=pdhism

47043835_27.jpg

It won't get here until next weekend, though. Fucking supply chains, man...

Anywho, happy holidays fuckfaces!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Got the boy a new video card as soon as I found the one I wanted available but it's not coming in till next week. So he getting a picture of it instead. 

How's he going to see the picture without a video card?

• Haha 5

Kiddos brought us goodies from their overseas abodes. Bottle of scotch from the boy in Glasgow, of course.

And from the girl in Sweden, lots of stuff - soup mixes, cookies, and I made this little snack tray to tide us over between brunch and dinner:

953f92f25bb62144d4fa983b37e84144.jpg

Did you get the KING of Swedish cheeses, blue cheese in a tube, fish roe in a tube, and THREE kinds of herring with an antique herring jar to store it in? Yeah, I thought not.

Blue cheese in a tube?

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vanderpool said:

I learned of this coffee maker from the Coffee thread. Can’t wait to try it out! 

963BA181-A59C-4C25-BCCC-534E5B58B717.jpeg

I won’t disagree drip coffee makers won’t make the best cup of coffee like pour over or other types, but it’s convenient. And the Mochamaster will make the best cup of drip coffee possible. And it’s right up there with some other styles.

I’ve had one for about 7 years, 0 regrets. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1