Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. Washington - 8pm on ESPN

Pancho

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

y'all mf'ers need to learn the fucking rules.

before 2 mins left in half,  going OOB only stops the clock utill ball is set for play.  He went OOB at around 2:!0 left

Going back to the clock, I still don’t understand why it was running from the time the runner went OOB to when the ref set the ball. It never stopped, it kept running like the NFL. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Well we only had 14 carries total and were barely getting more than three yards a carry. Maybe it was more about the boys up front not getting it done and forcing us to abandon the run? I don't know. Hard to remember all that went down in the first half and I don't really want to rewatch it. I don't have any issues with the play calling in the second half.

It was just fine. The run game wasn't there with Bijan and Roschon out. The OL is still young and developing. Imagine what those two guys would've done behind the line that blocked for Jamaal Charles and crew. We accomplished what we needed to tonight, which was get a performance from Quinn that he can take into the spring and next season. Dump fucking Worthy -- dude is a net negative at this point. I like the young WR's we have coming in and hope Neyor can get healthy. Hit the portal and send X to Lincoln Riley.

50 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

If Neyor is healthy and playing next year, Worthy is going to tear it up in the slot. He still had 7 catches for 80+ yards. Neyor is the X, Worthy is the slot. Whittington is the Z. Then you have Thompson, Red, Cook, Moore, Nibblett, and Cain. A portal guy is needed maybe two if Whittington leaves. Most of the spring and fall reports always mentioned Ewers hitting the big play to Neyor and not Worthy. Even in the spring game it was Neyor making the deep catches.

The only thing, way, Worthy is going to tear up is his useless ass is when he gets his tampon ripped out. Fuck that prima donna bitch, send his no talent ass down the road. 

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

Washington’s RB was a bowling ball too. He looks like a future NFL back.

Bottom line is both our lines got destroyed today and Sark panicked again and went away from the run too quickly and ran the wrong back.

PS, let X go have some of Lincoln’s brisket. Don’t want anyone here who doesn’t appear to want to be here.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

I'm glad we have players smart enough to make sound business decisions.

I know everything is raw right now and sitting out is nothing new, but you are absolutely fucking over the other 80+ whatever guys on the team. You quit on them. 

45 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Wrong. Worthy’s hands were in perfect position. Not for the ball, mind you, but for all that sweet sweet additional NIL he hopes(d) to find in the portal. 

I'd be surprised if anyone would want him at this point, including Riley. He drops more balls than a Lana Rhoades gangbang. Maybe Coastal Carolina or Tom Herman will take him off our hands. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Washington’s RB was a bowling ball too. He looks like a future NFL back.

Bottom line is both our lines got destroyed today and Sark panicked again and went away from the run too quickly and ran the wrong back.

PS, let X go have some of Lincoln’s brisket. Don’t want anyone here who doesn’t appear to want to be here.

This is what pisses me off. He's running a fucking 175 lb gadget back up the middle instead of our ultra talented 215 lb sweet Jesus with cutting ability, balance, and vision in Brooks. That takes a special kind of retarded. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, dr99 said:

Roschon's the last guy in all of CFB I thought would not put the team first and play. He's not afraid of getting injured in the Senior Bowl though.

Same. I'm surprised, too. I really thought he would play, but I understand the Senior Bowl. He gets to show out more and increase his NFL draft stock more. 

1 hour ago, campcrunk said:

Honestly, as pissed as I am at Worthy right now, it wasn't all that bad. We were missing our two best players and one of our very best players on defense (not to mention Neyor). Conversely, everyone showed up for UW, including the seniors and guys who declared and it definitely helped them.

All thing considered, I saw some significant problems but I also think there's some good things we can build on. The lack of touches for Jonathan Brooks was pretty maddening, however

+1. 

Coaches figured out who our new rb1 is. 

Wr is the big concern to work on in spring

Qb played much better since maybe OU ? Maybe bench worthy a bit more to force a few issues at once 

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

They built their OL correctly. The 3 IOL guys are all 5th and 6th year players. Texas and 2nd year guy starting his 1st season, that is likely getting replaced, and 2nd year starter that is the weakest OL on the team, and a rotation of true freshmen that got beat a lot. I think Huston re-injured his leg when Brooks tripped him early on in the game.

Now I see why Washington was so successful running the ball between the tackles. They had 16 years of college experience to our 6.

everyone runs well up the middle against Texas despite have 2 massive DTs in Sweat/Coburn.  How is this possible? 

If you would have told me pre-game that we would have a 100+ yard receiver and I had to guess who it would be, Casey Cain would have been my 7th guess. He may be slow for a WR, but he was one of the only reliable WR's that could catch the ball tonight. In fact, I believe he caught every ball that hit his hands. If Texas had won, Cain would have been in contention for the most unlikely bowl game MVP since Michael Dickson. Alas...

image.png.41b999f44bb31d75ec517447479d3850.png

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Was impressed with Casey Cain(Cain can catch after all lol) and Jonathon Brooks future looks bright. Don't understand why we didn't use him a lot more. Also Terrance Brooks made some nice plays for a freshman that hasn't played much of the season. He's pushing for playing time next year. Lot to correct and build on. Quinn will be better next season. Remember guys, he's only a freshman that we all for some reason expected to be perfect. Hopefully we get kids that wanna be here unlike Zay UnWorthy. Fuck him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If you would have told me pre-game that we would have a 100+ yard receiver and I had to guess who it would be, Casey Cain would have been my 7th guess. He may be slow for a WR, but he was one of the only reliable WR's that could catch the ball tonight. In fact, I believe he caught every ball that hit his hands. If Texas had won, Cain would have been in contention for the most unlikely bowl game MVP since Michael Dickson. Alas...

I just couldn’t believe how slow he was. Like lineman speed. I thought he was a track guy in HS?

6 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

The frustrating part of this game (besides worthy drops) was that Sark went away from the teams identity.  We won games by running the ball even when they knew it was coming.  This protects the defense and establishes a tone for the game.  We had Brooks who has proven he can slither his way to 4 yards a carry and occasionally break one.  And we did not feature him.  Instead Sark went with “experience”.   There was a way to do both with each I. Their roles.  Disappointing coaching fail right there. 

This was my biggest disappointment as well, and it apparently wasn’t a function of how the game was going and what wasn’t working, Sark said after the game that “the game plan was to throw the ball extensively.”  (from the AP Recap)

Let me say that I always expected a loss in this game, Washington is a very good team who was much more motivated about this game than us, and that matters so much in non-CFP bowl games. I never understood why we were favored, even by a little. 

That said, it surprised me that Sark had so little faith in Brooks to carry the load  I expected 25-30 carries from him, and for us to try and grind them down like we did Baylor.  Sark at times seems to call a game plan for the team he wants to have, rather than the team he actually has.  On paper, maybe we matched up well in the passing game against UW’s defense.  There were a lot of plays that seemed open that didn’t conn. But that’s not a new development this season, Ewers and his WR’s, particularly Worthy, have been an unreliable connection all season.  

Maybe Sark just recognized the exhibition nature of this game and took the long view that it was more important to get Ewers on track for next season than actually winning the game. With the recruiting class nearly done and the vast majority of it signed and locked in, he may be right about that. 

Bottom line, this loss sucked, but it really doesn’t mean anything.  Next year will give us a much better idea of our long term trajectory under Sark.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Walk it back a bit on the stats as 50 came on the final worthless play.

D line was prison raped all night.  Yes some holding but good god that was ugly.  Broughton - I don’t have the words to describe it.  

Worthy is robbing the rest of the room from practice reps and game touches.  A huge net negative and simply has to go. Michigan dodged a huge bullet.  

Krob is a situational back not a 1st and 2nd down tailback.  My only bitch about the coaching tonight. 

and yes the clock does stop when you run oob until it’s spotted … except last night it didn’t.  Can’t explain what refs were doing there.  

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Some of these posts read like fucking texags. “Guys we just held the best offense in the country to 27 points”

wait till next year! Amirite!?!?! 

The only one I saw that referenced this was that it was pathetic we held them to that few points and still lost. Not sure what you are talking about.

Brooks not playing tonight. Is Sarks.  Herman not playing Bijan in 2020.  A colossal fuck up and shows that sark is still bitch made coach that looks good when nfl talent bails him out.   Brooks has shown repeatedly this year he can play he didn’t need 30 Carrie’s. But 6 touches is fucking criminal and on the same level as herman not seeing Bijan for what he is.  Sark can get fucked brooks should have had 100 all purpose yards tonight 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Brooks not playing tonight. Is Sarks.  Herman not playing Bijan in 2020.  A colossal fuck up and shows that sark is still bitch made coach that looks good when nfl talent bails him out.   Brooks has shown repeatedly this year he can play he didn’t need 30 Carrie’s. But 6 touches is fucking criminal and on the same level as herman not seeing Bijan for what he is.  Sark can get fucked brooks should have had 100 all purpose yards tonight 

No disagreement.  But Brooks was only 6 for 18 yards.   Worse avg than Krob.   We got beat in the trenches again.   Just too young up front and their lb crashed hard until we hit the edges with quick throws.  This is a game that called for the passing game to set up the running game.   Sark needed to game plan around our weaknesses.  But at some point there are too many issues to game-plan around.  Can’t go deep with worthless playing #1.  Can’t pound the middle with young o line.        

I expect big improvement on O next year just by getting a better push up front.   A shake up in the wr room will help as well.  

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I could see Robinson being the change of pace guy like Roschon next year. We only had like 10 carries in the first half so I don't know what the actual plan was to be fair.

I expect Brooks to start next year. We'll see what happens.

i don’t want to see what I saw last night

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

The only one I saw that referenced this was that it was pathetic we held them to that few points and still lost. Not sure what you are talking about.

Well the holding them to 27 points is a little misleading.  They went on 15 play 8 minute drives everytime they touched the ball in the 2nd half.  Washington running the clock is what held them to 27 points, not necessarily our D. 

Edited by chemHORN
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t recall kwame cavil having issues catching the ball. Only other guy might be David Aaron but I don’t think he was ever all conference. 

Yes.  It was Kwame.  He just couldn't hold the ball the first year as a receiver.

8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'd be surprised if anyone would want him at this point, including Riley. He drops more balls than a Lana Rhoades gangbang. Maybe Coastal Carolina or Tom Herman will take him off our hands. 

He is enough of a threat to provide room for the other receivers, if we would just use them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He's running a fucking 175 lb gadget back up the middle instead of our ultra talented 215 lb sweet Jesus with cutting ability, balance, and vision in Brooks.

Somewhere I read that KRob was third on the RB depth chart for whatever reason (I'm guessing experience), so he got the start and some extra carries as a result.

I'm positive to neutral on Sark, but I do think he has a stubbornness as to his predetermined "hierarchy" of players and resists deviating from it, as exemplified by refusing to give Card a shot and moving Brooks up the depth chart over the season, or for this game.

Lord knows, little RBs have given us fits over the years, so his size shouldn't be an automatic disqualifier.  But Brooks seems more effective as a straight up RB.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

But they had their opt outs as well. 

No, they really didn't.  Except for a couple of injuries, they were full strength.

In the end, I was pretty impressed with Penix.  He moved around in the pocket quite elusively, and, although he was spraying early on because of our pressure, made a lot of good throws rolling around back there.

Edited by TwiceHorn

8 hours ago, dr99 said:

Roschon is the last guy in all of CFB I thought would not put the team first and play. He's not afraid of getting injured in the Senior Bowl though.

No reason for him or Overshown to sit out. They are 3-4th rounders at best.
I can see Bijan’s reasoning, but even then, none of the Bama studs sat out their game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Needed to feed Brooks. Didn't feed Brooks.
Oh well, it was an exhibition and I don't care. Ewers looked good, so that's nice. We have a ton of talent and the future is bright.

That’s the takeaway for me. I’m not going to crucify Sark until he does something to cost us in a late-season, crucial game that costs us something that matters — conference title game berth, playoff game, etc. The team is trending up and he’s recruiting like crazy.
  • Hook 'Em 1

After the first quarter, we switched to Emily in Paris Season 3. Here is what you missed:

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!

Emily is so conflicted about whether to join Sylvie at her new firm or stay with old boss Madeline that she somehow ends up working for both, which can never end well. She also still has feelings for Gabriel (duh), but for now has chosen Alfie. So what else is in store?

After Madeline returns to Chicago w her baby, Emily rejoins the French marketing company and does a magnificent job of landing accounts, even bringing back the big fashion brand, as it turns out the handsome son of the owner is friends w Emily's roommate, Mindy, from boarding school.  Speaking of Mindy, her busking success lands her a gig at a jazz club and she eventually breaks up with her increasingly jealous boyfriend! I, for one, was glad to see him leave!

While things w Alfie are going smooth, Gabriel's hot girlfriend has a lesbian affair, and it's clear Gabriel and Emily still have feelings for each other. How will it all end? WIll Emily stay w thoughtful Alfie, or go for her true love, Gabriel? Will the marketing firm make it? WIll Gabriel's girlfriend return? 

As always, the outfits are fabulous, the dialog witty, and Paris never looked better. All-in-all, a much better use of your time than watching a glorified scrimmage.  

en-US-emip3-main-4-x-5-v-1080px1350p-rgb   

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

I find it really fucking rich to bury Sarkisian who was playing with one offensive arm tied behind his back with Bijan and Roschon in street clothes. This. Game. Did. Not. Fucking. Matter (from a win/loss standpoint).

Sark decided to let Brooks ride the pine and let Ewers play run and shoot football and completely abandoned the running game just like he did in every loss this year. He hasn’t learned anything. 

• Like 2