Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

Just now, tchookem said:
7 minutes ago, mchookem said:
Biden talked almost exclusively about economic matters. 
Huckabee hit every culture war issue.

completely.tone.deaf.

It was a bullseye for its intended audience.

the dumbest people walking this nation 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

She’s on the other team. It’s ok this time. 

i mean i said it and a lot of people are agreeing, but okay?

in my experience on this board, dogging on a woman's appearance is a truly bipartisan effort.

10621f196b0ca323d7ed6a13ec312520.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i really wish y'all would lay off her appearance... she could look like Sela Ward and she'd still be a heinous lying cunt. i mean fuck her, but her appearance is the least offensive thing about her. 

tenor (11).gif

first read through i thought you said you'd fuck sela ward

Biden hit a grand slam with that speech. He set a trap for the repubs and they bit. Biden was ready and totally owned them.

Huckabeefs speech was terrible and the worst one I’ve heard in a long time.  The normal vs. the crazy? Woke? Critical race theory? All repubs do is try to scare you into thinking the other guy sucks and you have to vote for them because the GOP has no plans and nothing serious to offer people.

• Hook 'Em 5

^

That's a good point.  She always looks miserable even when delivering good news.  Politics aside, she has a naturally defensive posture.  Lots of people do, nothing to insult or be embarrassed about.  Some people just carry that with them from genetics from way on, way back when. 

But she looks genuinely happy there, the smile is a little exaggerated probably for the camera.  But she is in a happy and confident place in that photograph.  Like she beat cancer, won a governorship, or met a white supremacist named Enrique.

16 minutes ago, horn4life said:

I was telling the wife last night during the speech, that Biden reminds me of a big dicked naked guy in the locker room that keeps walking over to talk. And the GOP was at the tying their shoes stage in the locker room each time Biden walked over.

I mean they’re obsessed with Hunter’s hog, they know the bad be packin’ too.

Edited by 'stache

Can anyone clarify the point Biden was making we he was yelling about, "trading places with Xi"?

My oldest got extra credit for watching with me and taking notes.  so that was kind of cool.  The assignment had general topics to take notes on as he addressed them.  At the end there was nothing filled out for "Afghanistan, North Korea, Israel, others" section.  Really brought my attention to the fact it was a very domestic agenda focused SOTU.  

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Biden did pretty well last night, it was nice to see there are things that we all can agree on. I’d like to see some focus on that moving forward. 

Focusing on domestic issues that moderate R's are generally supportive of while Sanders played to the Tucker Carlson and Wal-Mart crowd was a massive W for Biden last night.  R strategy is bizarre to me.  That was an objectively awful speech she gave.  It felt like an SNL skit.  Whatever that story was at the end felt like something out of an aggy yell practice.   If that is representative of their plan for the next 2 years it won't be close.  Will be interesting to see if they start to realize doom and gloom culture war with zero substance isn't going to win back the middle.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Focusing on domestic issues that moderate R's are generally supportive of while Sanders played to the Tucker Carlson and Wal-Mart crowd was a massive W for Biden last night.  R strategy is bizarre to me.  That was an objectively awful speech she gave.  It felt like an SNL skit.  Whatever that story was at the end felt like something out of an aggy yell practice.   If that is representative of their plan for the next 2 years it won't be close.  Will be interesting to see if they start to realize doom and gloom culture war with zero substance isn't going to win back the middle.

You are right and in a lot of ways it reminds me of, I'll draw the analogy, R going too hard on culture war stuff is like when Dems went too deep and far into identity politics as their main platform. Sticking with the domestic issues and economic issues and "kitchen table" issue versus getting sucked into issues most reasonable and sane people think is foolish (china balloons and gay comic books in schools and drag queens and george santos and more "but, Trump" talk 3 years later) is showing discipline and wisdom and political strength. 

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

You are right and in a lot of ways it reminds me of, I'll draw the analogy, R going too hard on culture war stuff is like when Dems went too deep and far into identity politics as their main platform. Sticking with the domestic issues and economic issues and "kitchen table" issue versus getting sucked into issues most reasonable and sane people think is foolish (china balloons and gay comic books in schools and drag queens and george santos and more "but, Trump" talk 3 years later) is showing discipline and wisdom and political strength. 

It's really not that difficult.  Poll social/domestic issues and focus on issues with majority support.  Perfect example was the Tyre Nichols portion of the speech.  He didn't go crazy left "Defund the Police".  He raised the issue and called for better training, etc.   That's one of several examples he took a primarily left concern/issue and framed it in a way that the R's had no choice but to stand and clap.   

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Yes but there were many more joining in on the heckling this time. Decorum and respect during the SOTU are officially dead. At least when it's a Dem POTUS. 

We are no longer a serious country. We're a clown with guns and bombers country.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Skipper said:

It's been this way since 2016, if not 2008.  This is who they are.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1