Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

11 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Listening to Norm Hitzges and Merle Harmon call games on HSE when Charlie Hough was on the bump and slinging pus up to the plate seems like eons ago.  

Hitzges:  “Oh, my, Merle!!!”

Holtz and Nadel put me to bed most nights of my early teen years, with the Rangers losing of course.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Constant said:

Seven year old me got stiffed by Roger Pavlik for an autograph back in ‘94 at my first game ever. This is for seven year old me sweating my dick off holding my hat out hoping for the best.  

This is for my grandfather who had season seats in the first row behind the RF bullpen before dying of a heat stroke a day before Kenny Rogers perfect game. 

This is for my grandmother on my mothers side who used to pull me out of school early and take me to opening day every year.

This is for my mother who took me across I30 most evenings around the 4th inning and walked around the stadium until we found a security guard that would let us in. 

I grew up in the shadow of the Ballpark and its woven into my DNA. My first love. 

Roger Fucking Pavlik. I think that dude was actually our opening day starter for a year or two. Shout out to Roger wherever he is. 

Listen... I'm a Longhorn fan through and through. My dad was James Street's RA in college. But I grew up in the sticks of NE Texas. We had 2 channels. I got to see maybe 2 UT football games a year. The earliest UT game I can remember watching was the Stoney Clark OU game. By that time I had attended no less than 10 Ranger games which was a big deal for a kid who lived 2 hours from Dallas.

This was my first team. 2011 tore me in half. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just the craziest run ever.

Looks like they won't even make the playoffs in September.  In position to win the division.  Choke.  Then they sweep the Rays and Orioles.  Go up 2-0 on the Astros and then turn around and drop 3 at home.  Win back to back in Houston.  Then they ride a Corey Seager 9th inning 2-run homer and an Adolis 11 inning home run to crushing the Snakes.

Bruce Bochy is a fucking savant.  He took this bullpen and somehow got them through the entire postseason.  Just unbelievable.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, deadshank said:

All the old Rangers can be released from baseball hell. 

Oddibe McDowell, Larry Parrish, Buddy Bell, Toby Harrah, Bump Wills, Jim Sundberg, Charlie Hough, Al Oliver, Lenny Randle, Juan Gonzalez, Rafael Palmeiro, Julio Franco, Mike Hargrove, you name ‘em.  

Also, the then-mayor of Arlington, Tom Vandergriff, that made the deal to get the Senator’s franchise to Arlington. 

I watched all of them and Mickey Tettleton, Steve Beuchelle, Benji Gil, Fernando Tatis, Jeff Kunkel, Jack Daugherty, Will Clark, Bobby Witt, Kenny Rogers, Ruben Sierra, Pete Incaviglia... 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, deadshank said:

All the old Rangers can be released from baseball hell. 

Oddibe McDowell, Larry Parrish, Buddy Bell, Toby Harrah, Bump Wills, Jim Sundberg, Charlie Hough, Al Oliver, Lenny Randle, Juan Gonzalez, Rafael Palmeiro, Julio Franco, Mike Hargrove, you name ‘em.  

Also, the then-mayor of Arlington, Tom Vandergriff, that made the deal to get the Senator’s franchise to Arlington. 

Dear god I haven’t heard oddibe McDowell in 30 plus years hahahah Charlie fucking bough  Julio Franco. Ruben sierra   Fuck we even had Jose canseco fucking pitching in a game. 

24 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

This is for Sunny, Buddy, Toby, Pudge, Kevin, Kenny, Steve, Charlie, Juan, Young, Adrian, Nolan, etc.

…and Oddibe, Bump, Bert, Ruben, Pete times two, Hank, pitch at risk to Richie motherfuckin’ Zisk, and about 30 dudes named Julio…

Hah Sgt Hulk beat me to a lot of these dudes…

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hornlover said:

I watched all of them and Mickey Tettleton, Steve Beuchelle, Benji Gil, Fernando Tatis, Jeff Kunkel, Jack Daugherty, Will Clark, Bobby Witt, Kenny Rogers, Ruben Sierra, Pete Incaviglia... 

great list.  All the names come flooding back.   Heck, I’m now remembering old D/FW Spurs minor league baseball team members now.  

The curse in NE Arlington is gone.  

FINALLY!!

💥💥 BOOM 💥💥

• 11-0 on the road this postseason (record)
  • Garcia postseason record 22 RBI's
  • Seager HR's (record 2nd MVP 2nd team)
  • Eovaldi 5 wins in postseason record
  • Carter 9 postseason doubles record
  • Carter one of two players A21 to bat 3rd in World Series (other Mickey Mantle)
  • LeClerc was amazing
  • Jon Gray dominant
  • Marcus Semien clutch in Gms 4 and 5
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Listen... I'm a Longhorn fan through and through. My dad was James Street's RA in college. But I grew up in the sticks of NE Texas. We had 2 channels. I got to see maybe 2 UT football games a year. The earliest UT game I can remember watching was the Stoney Clark OU game. By that time I had attended no less than 10 Ranger games which was a big deal for a kid who lived 2 hours from Dallas.

This was my first team. 2011 tore me in half. 

I’ll never get over ‘11. This is a start. We should be in the mix for the foreseeable future pending Max and deGrom age/health. I know CY will be doing work trying to improve pitching. I would be surprised if we don’t add more big names. I know Kershaw is a guy possibly in play. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I grew up in Waco and we didn't have cable.  We had an antenna on the roof and there was a TV on a dresser in my parents bedroom that also had a small antenna on it.  So if the wind was just right I could get Rangers games on Channel 11 I think. That was one of the 5 channels we got.  I remember sitting on the floor in that room watching Geno Petralli, Charlie Hough, Boo, Scott Fletcher, Pete Incaviglia, Ruben Sierra etc. Im thinking about those days tonight 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Dear god I haven’t heard oddibe McDowell in 30 plus years hahahah Charlie fucking bough  Julio Franco. Ruben sierra   Fuck we even had Jose canseco fucking pitching in a game. 

I was at the stadium when Oddibe McDowell hit for the first cycle in Rangers history.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• immamac unlocked this topic