2023 off year elections and primaries

Zonahorn

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

I hope the TTom  is lurking, because I’m having an adenachrome cocktail and sacrificing stolen GOP veterans’ kids to the Dark Lord with Hunter Biden while we watch MSNBC.  

I am cavorting with Mud People and defiling runic inscriptions because I hate my race.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I hope the TTom  is lurking, because I’m having an adenachrome cocktail and sacrificing stolen GOP veterans’ kids to the Dark Lord with Hunter Biden while we watch MSNBC.  

You better save some of that adenachrome for Oprah Winfrey and Tom Hanks, and also ask Hunter how it's hangin' - to the left or to the right?

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

donald j trump will end up being one of the most influential presidents of all time.

he is single-handedly carpet-bombing the republican party back to the fucking stone ages, and i am here for it. 

and here's why that's bad news for joe biden.

negged for the rep sextfecta.

I owe you one.

5 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Dude. The GOP doesn’t give a fuck about veterans. Or live kids, really. Come on!

lets go with an adrenochrome cocktail from a harvested late term abortion. 

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Remember when Musk teamed up with Desantis to launch his campaign announcement and it ended up being all crappy, buggy, and a massive flop?

Elon Musk should stick to inventing things because he really stinks at politics.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Remember when Musk teamed up with Desantis to launch his campaign announcement and it ended up being all crappy, buggy, and a massive flop?

Elon Musk should stick to inventing things because he really stinks at politics.

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

14 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Elon Musk didn’t invent electronic payments, self landing rockets, or electric vehicles. He’s an investor. He bought all those companies. The only original thing he did “invent” was city guide software he sold to local newspapers. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

https://www.thedailybeast.com/antonin-scalias-daughter-loses-contentious-virginia-school-board-election

The late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia’s daughter Meg Bryce lost a Virginiaschool board election Tuesday by a wide margin, according to results posted to the state’s Department of Elections. She took home just under 40% of the vote in Albermarle County, with her challenger, Allison Spillman, garnering north of 60%. Spillman, widely considered the more liberal of the two candidates, campaigned on allocating resources for mental health and promoting the collective bargaining rights of staff employed by the district. During a candidate profile of Bryce previously aired by CBS 19 in Charlottesvilleshe called her father’s legacy both “a blessing and a curse” for her campaign. “I think that it's very easy for people to dismiss me as partisan because of my maiden name,” she said

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

The drinking of tears 

"Ya see, the problem is the GOP allowed the people to vote on these sexy issues and that's why it was such a catastrophe. What we need to do is really promote our anti-Democracy message."

MAGAt in a "We The People" t-shirt: " Yeah! Democracy! BOOOOOO!!!"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I fucking love that. The GQP openly admits that letting the people actually speak on what they want is a disaster for them….the GQP needs to tell people what they get, not vice versa.

The most anti-freedom and liberty major party in the history of the US is the current GQP, and it ain’t even close.

Democrats need to use that clip in their ads.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Mississippi is going to double down on voter suppression.  Bullies don't learn until they get punched in the mouth, and Mississippians are eventually going to have to take it into their hands and punch back.  Virginia just kicked the dog shit out of Youngkin so bad his future may be as a fox commentator, rather than politician.  

Mississippi R’s saw their future tonight and it’s not good for them 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

More good news

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/elections/2023/11/07/iowa-election-2023-results-pella-public-library-keeps-independence-gender-queer-book-challenge/71293663007/

About 51% of voters cast ballots against a measure to give City Hall officials oversight over the library's actions and budget, according to unofficial results. The non-binding referendum reached the ballot after some residents petitioned the library board to remove a graphic novel about gender fluidity, mirroring a national debate driven by conservatives over what books taxpayer-funded libraries should carry.

• Hook 'Em 4

47 minutes ago, South Austin said:

At least until Donald and his MAGA army add to his presidential platform federal legislation that will imprison any woman who ever gets an abortion whenever and for whatever reason. 

The thing is, Donald himself was always pro-choice, so he's not just an asshole but a hypocrite. And, because he needs to win the general election, he's trying to walk back his pro-life stance, but that's sort of hard to do when you had put three pro-life justices on the supreme court. 

15 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

I always said that if the dems put some money behind Mississippi, they can squeeze out a senate seat and the governor there

Not 100% on your police work there, Lou.

Mississippi has the problem of not having a big sprawling major metro, like an Atlanta.  Jackson isn't that big.  Black + Hispanic + Asian is about 42.5%, whereas in somewhere like Georgia, it is almost 48.5%.  Mississippi is seeing a population decline (-0.2% between the two censuses), while Georgia added over a million people and was one of top 5 states in population increase.

Dems seem to max out around 47-48% of the vote statewide.  Not sure there's much more juice to squeeze in terms of black turnout in Mississippi, without chipping away at the GOP's white vote share.  Which is extremely difficult. Only 23% of adults in Mississippi have a bachelor's degree or higher, and educational attainment is more indicative of voting patterns in the past few cycles (since 2016).  Only WV is worse.  And then you go look at somewhere like Arizona (32%) or Georgia (34%) and see why they are starting to go blue. 

Dems need to be looking at Kansas, not Mississippi, for future gains.  Johnson County is exploding due to growth and is 22nd in bachelor's degrees (35%).  T-Mobile (Sprint) continues to bring a lot of educated individuals into the state. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DaysOff said:

I see a lot of Gen Z videos saying they're not voting for genocide Joe, and you can't change their mind.

This is the shit that scares me most about us getting another Trump presidency.  Somehow the Israel-Hamas war is going to be blamed on Biden by social media/right wing media and Biden will lose.  I saw how a huge block of Palestinians in Michigan that voted for Biden last election are now refusing to vote for him and its apparently enough to possibly swing a state like MI to Trump.  Unfortunately, these dumbasses don't realize when it comes to just this one issue, if that is really all that matters for them, then Trump would be worse for the Palestinians in Gaza compared to Biden but I guess dumbasses in this country are dumbasses for a reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This is the shit that scares me most about us getting another Trump presidency.  Somehow the Israel-Hamas war is going to be blamed on Biden by social media/right wing media and Biden will lose.  I saw how a huge block of Palestinians in Michigan that voted for Biden last election are now refusing to vote for him and its apparently enough to possibly swing a state like MI to Trump.  Unfortunately, these dumbasses don't realize when it comes to just this one issue, if that is really all that matters for them, then Trump would be worse for the Palestinians in Gaza compared to Biden but I guess dumbasses in this country are dumbasses for a reason. 

Emotions are still high over October 7.  Extrapolating how people feel about this in November 2023 to how they will vote in November 2024 is not going to get you much except heartburn. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Young voters are known for having really long attention spans and Donald Trump is known for not doing shit that is best described somewhere between monumentally stupid and genuinely horrifying. It’s a lock this attitude will be the same 12 months from now.
  • Hook 'Em 2