45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Anybody else find it disturbing that whenever Trump posts about Jack Smith, he mentioned Jack Smith's family?  

You mean after all these years you're still not familiar with Trump's dog whistles to his minions to...ahem, take care of that little thing like a wannabe mafioso?

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

this is my favorite part, because it's so so so trump.

he didn't keep the file, talk about the file, or show the file for money or favors.  he did it to "win" a slapfight he was having with milley.  he did something that would get most people life in prison so he could say "i was right".

70mm people made an effort, whether by mail or actually leaving the comfort of their own home during a global pandemic, to check a box to make this demented traffic cone president again.  i will never get past that.  

So for us lay people can understand, he posted his pay stub on Surly to win an argument.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

41 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Anybody else find it disturbing that whenever Trump posts about Jack Smith, he mentioned Jack Smith's family?  

I wonder with the results of his inciting his followers against Congress, election workers in Georgia, and even GOP election officials/office holders that this is not an actionable case under criminal law. He's become former president Charles Manson with the same admirable levels of empathy and discretion.

@honolulu horn Your cause is just. However, it would seem that the absurdities about Hinckley being Mr. Jodie Foster and Ruby opening a pie shop in Corsicana may have provided a little context for the notion that Hinckley got off "scott free."

As to the specifics of the Hinckley case, I agree with @TwiceHorn and likely you about how it actually went. I'm ashamed as an American regarding our prisons, who we send there, and for how long, but that's for another thread. Again, I think we'd agree on just about everything you've posted here.

Written without rancor.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Lawyers:  can Biden sue Trump for saying that he (Biden) extorted millions of dollars from foreign countries when it is not true?

Wait - *now* Trump thinks it’s wrong or a crime to use federal office to extort millions from foreign governments?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Lawyers:  can Biden sue Trump for saying that he (Biden) extorted millions of dollars from foreign countries when it is not true?

No because he said that Joe Bidden extorted those millions, not Joe Biden /twicehorn (I kid)

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I am just saying this certainly seems to be libel to me. Of course, I'm just a schmoe. 

• Haha 3

Repeatedly publicly calling the prosecutor in your case a psycho is also an interesting tactic. I know we're in uncharted waters here but wouldn't a judge normally put a stop to something like that? Particularly the thinly veiled threats to his family. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Repeatedly publicly calling the prosecutor in your case a psycho is also an interesting tactic. I know we're in uncharted waters here but wouldn't a judge normally put a stop to something like that? Particularly the thinly veiled threats to his family. 

I'd think any judge that wasn't maga AF would but I'm not gonna hold my breath in this case.  

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Trump's continued references to Smith and his family end up with somebody getting hurt.  Of course, that won't keep MAGA folks from defending it. 

But remember, threatening a DOJ's family members on Twitter to a lunatic group of gun nuts is somehow more okay than protesting outside a SCOTUS justice's home or when they're out to dinner. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

52 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Wait - *now* Trump thinks it’s wrong or a crime to use federal office to extort millions from foreign governments?

I saw Donald Trump on the phone to Ukraine down at Trader Vic's.

And his call was perfect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

31 minutes ago, Js1 said:

But remember, threatening a DOJ's family members on Twitter to a lunatic group of gun nuts is somehow more okay than protesting outside a SCOTUS justice's home or when they're out to dinner. 

Remember when everyone lost their minds because a witness during the impeachment hearings merely mentioned Barron Trump by name as part of a play on words?

Fun times.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Yes, but Trump would be protected by the actual malice standard.  And this might be one of those cases where his muddled mental state might actually absolve him.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yes, but Trump would be protected by the actual malice standard.  And this might be one of those cases where his muddled mental state might actually absolve him.

Plus, because he's an attention whore, Biden's ignoring him is the more injurious move.  Biden, in his role as President, is too important to waste time acknowledging something so ridiculous.  It's like walking by the "end is coming" nutters on the outskirts of campus like they weren't even there on the first day of class at UT.  Their best hope was that somebody would engage with them.  Same with trump.  Treat him like the raving lunatic that he is and don't acknowledge his crazy ramblings.  Or if it be preferable, substitute UT for Biden and aggy for trump.  It's not worth the bother to engage with the latter's bullshit.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 6

Biden hasn't uttered one word about any of this. Imagine if the roles were reversed. Trump: "I'm doing everything I can to put him in jail! That prosecutor better not pussy out or my followers might do something to his family!". 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Trump's continued references to Smith and his family end up with somebody getting hurt.  Of course, that won't keep MAGA folks from defending it. 

move his family to the third floor of any building, no elevator. Gravy seals won’t / can’t take one step up to get to them

13 minutes ago, tchookem said:
11 hours ago, C-Man said:
5184.jpg?width=1200&height=900&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&s=5efdb0284c4e5fd47e96b35cb9c832d9

Kid Rock looks like the midway booth carny that would give me extra attempts so he could hit on my mom.

pics of your mom ?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

He could easily meet actual malice. The problem would be having to prove the statements as fault, which he also could easily do, but it would allow Trump and friends to parade a bunch of nonsense into the courtroom, most or all of which would be deemed inadmissible since they are nonsense, but they get to go on his little social media platform and say that they were "introduced into court" meaning they're true which the magats will just eat up. Pointing out that it was inadmissible means nothing to these morons. It's a circus that doesn't help Biden even a little bit. Like someone said, Biden ignoring him is the more appropriate standard. I do think he may need to eventually speak up if trump keeps insinuating violence towards Smith. That is just completely unacceptable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

He's so fucking stupid, it boggles the mind. 

What’s even more mind boggling is that despite how brazenly in-your-face stupid he is, millions of Americans can’t see it. He shows himself to be a clueless dumbfuck time after time after time and they still manage to believe he’s as smart as he tells them he is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What’s even more mind boggling is that despite how brazenly in-your-face stupid he is, millions of Americans can’t see it. He shows himself to be a clueless dumbfuck time after time after time and they still manage to believe he’s as smart as he tells them he is. 

Eh, think about that co-worker of yours who is really fucking smart.  You recognize it, right?  So if you're a dumbass like a huge percentage of Republican voters, Trump need only be mildly more intelligent than them for them to think he's "smart", even if he objectively isn't.

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Eh, think about that co-worker of yours who is really fucking smart.  You recognize it, right?  So if you're a dumbass like a huge percentage of Republican voters, Trump need only be mildly more intelligent than them for them to think he's "smart", even if he objectively isn't.

I don't think the guy is an idiot, I think that he's so toxic that people will literally give ground to get away from interacting with him.  Except those broken people who equate that with power.  They see him being awful to the people they dislike while he says wonderful things about them.  (until he no longer needs them)  And they think proximity to this guy will personally enrich them.

I had a neighbor like this...  really successful business guy, but just an insufferable prick who would make unreasonable demands that people would capitulate to to avoid having to deal with him.  He would brag about it.  "If they don't give me what I want I'll bury them in litigation. They don't know who they are fucking with!"  There were a few neighbors who hung around him for a while because he had the latest super/hypercars and had an entourage of east european hookers.   In the end ever person in his life was only there on a transactional basis.   /csb

tl/dr Not stupid just toxic and broken

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, locodos said:

tl/dr Not stupid just toxic and broken

Maybe not "stupid" but certainly not "smart".  Consider the fact that UPenn has never conferred an honorary degree on Trump, nor have they asked him to speak at any commencement ceremonies.  Consider that in his day, the school accepted 40% of applicants, far more than the current 7%.  Consider that one of his professors (William Kelley) has repeatedly stated that Trump was "the dumbest goddamned student I ever had".  Consider that his degree is in real estate, a field he has struggled in mightily over the years, despite his claims to the contrary.  Consider that the commencement program when he graduated listed honors for all students (cum laude, magna cum laude, summa cum laude) and he did not attain any of those standards.  Consider that he was never on the UPenn Dean's List.  Consider the fact that Trump directed his attorney Michael Cohen to threaten his high school, UPenn, and the College Board to never release his grades or test scores.

Sorry, he's of average intelligence at the very best.

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Maybe not "stupid" but certainly not "smart".  Consider the fact that UPenn has never conferred an honorary degree on Trump, nor have they asked him to speak at any commencement ceremonies.  Consider that in his day, the school accepted 40% of applicants, far more than the current 7%.  Consider that one of his professors (William Kelley) has repeatedly stated that Trump was "the dumbest goddamned student I ever had".  Consider that his degree is in real estate, a field he has struggled in mightily over the years, despite his claims to the contrary.  Consider that the commencement program when he graduated listed honors for all students (cum laude, magna cum laude, summa cum laude) and he did not attain any of those standards.  Consider that he was never on the UPenn Dean's List.  Consider the fact that Trump directed his attorney Michael Cohen to threaten his high school, UPenn, and the College Board to never release his grades or test scores.

Sorry, he's of average intelligence at the very best.

And now insert the George Carlin bit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

It would actually be kinda clever if Trump purposely called him "Bidden."  You know, like for sale, available to the highest bidder.  Of course he's a dumbass so at best it's a typo and at worst, he really thinks that's how it's spelled.

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated