45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Party_Taco said:

Amazing he could be bought so cheaply. Must have been a bunch of other shit and he flipped for reduced charges

It continues to be depressingly disturbing that the price point for these traitors is so damn low…

$17-5 for a critical FBI agent
$20k for a Congress critter
$15k for a Governor

It’s petty graft alllll the way down.

00NRA-COMBO-superJumbo.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I will add one additional observation.

A lot of social media and tech platforms take some amount of pride in protecting their users from government inquiries, whether they are Donald Trump or you or me.

So, there was probably a bit of a dual motivation here:  "cozying up" to Trump and at least some notional protection of users from government inquiries, so they can say "use our platform, we'll keep you safe from the government!"

Maybe, but as the judge noted:

But Howell returned to the theme repeatedly during the proceedings, wondering why the company was taking “momentous” steps to protect Trump that it had never taken for other uses. 

If I recall correctly, and I could be very wrong on this, Twitter's original legal team was part of Elon's purge when he took over.

Again, the judge ripping them:

“You don’t even know the half about the very warrant you are coming in here to delay the execution of,” Howell said.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

The plea doesn't seem to be quite as nefarious as I had expected based on the chatter:

As part of his plea, McGonigal admitted that he took money from Deripaska to collect open-source derogatory information about Vladimir Potanin — a Deripaska competitor — and could have received over $650,000 had he successfully found and produced the location of $500 million in hidden Potanin assets.  

Not to say that he wasn't also up to other sketchy shit on behalf of Deripaska (and by extenson Putin), but he may just be a greedy fuck and not an outright traitor.

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Interestingly enough, one of the worst things you can do when you are trying to buy somebody off is offer too much. If it's too much, they can't wrap their head around the it. Of course that number is going to be different for everybody, but the sweet spot is the cost of solving one big, tangible, immediate problem for that person. Too little and they can let themselves get offended. Too much and it changes their lifestyle, which intuitively most of us are scared of, because we wouldn't be able to keep it up. But doing something bad to solve a real problem just this once is something most people can talk themselves into, especially if we are sympathetic to the end result we're helping to achieve. 
So you take somebody who earns a mid-six figure salary in an expensive city, and offer them the money to pay off a big credit card bill or cover a semester in college to do a little thing for you, and it's no harm done, and then a while later, you do it again, and again. And pretty soon it's part of their  income and they have convinced themselves that they aren't really doing a bad thing so long as the good they do gives them license to do it. 
Or so I'm told. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

00NRA-COMBO-superJumbo.jpg

What you're forgetting is that mediocre poontang who will do moderately-to-insanely dirty stuff your vanilla, uptight wife wouldn't dream of.....is priceless.  And, undefeated.

Ask a repressed old Republican white man how much mediocre poontang who will lick your balls is worth, and they'll answer......

thanos-everything.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:
2 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Amazing he could be bought so cheaply. Must have been a bunch of other shit and he flipped for reduced charges

It continues to be depressingly disturbing that the price point for these traitors is so damn low…

$17-5 for a critical FBI agent
$20k for a Congress critter
$15k for a Governor

It’s petty graft alllll the way down.

McGonigal, 55, still has pending federal charges in Washington for allegedly taking $225,000 in bribes while working for the bureau on sensitive investigations. His attorney recently said there were plea discussions with prosecutors there. A spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney in Washington declined to comment.”

-from the Post article upthread. This $17k for stuff after he left seems to be only a small part of the story 

In court on Monday, the former New York City mayor said the legal quagmires have left him effectively out of cash. He even appears to have responded to some of the money crunch by listing for sale a 3-bedroom Manhattan apartment he owns for $6.5 million.

Not including standard legal fees, Giuliani faces nearly $90,000 in sanctions from a judge in a defamation case, a $20,000 monthly fee to a company to host his electronic records, $15,000 or more for a search of his records, and even a $57,000 judgment against his company for unpaid phone bills.

Cross-posting from the Rudy thread because it's soooooo delicious. Everything dotard touches turns to shit.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/15/politics/giuliani-money-lawsuits-trump/index.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Interestingly enough, one of the worst things you can do when you are trying to buy somebody off is offer too much. If it's too much, they can't wrap their head around the it. 

Hmm, I'd love for someone to test this theory on . . . well, me.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

How pissed are you that so many of Trump’s co-conspirators are lawyers or have law degrees?

Every lawyer, pretty much, from the Chairman of Skadden down to the first-year associate at Buttweed Law Group, first wants to do right by their client.  Then they're being judged, or even actively undermined, in that endeavor by a) their client, b) their bosses and a combination of c) a judge, d) an opposing lawyer and e) some opposing institution or administrative body.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Keep it coming.  More.  I want Rudy to first experience the crashing reality of losing it all.  The money.  The power.  Everything.

And then, once he's broke, and completely ruined, he tops it off with the loss of his liberty.  He puts on an orange jumpsuit with a number.  He eats every remaining meal of his life off a metal tray.  He dies in a prison bed, panicked, still anxious about how far he has fallen, and the fate that is staring him in his yellowing eyes.

That's what I want.  That's the outcome I want for traitors who attacked my country.

That's what any REAL PATRIOT wants.  I'm sick and fucking tired of these broken-brained orange knob slobberers claiming that title.  They're not fucking patriots.  They are the textbook definition of traitors.  Those of us who want our constitutional republic to survive, to enforce the rule of law, and to crush those who would try to bring it down....WE ARE PATRIOTS.

I would be nice if entered the courthouse for his sentencing with an ashtray, a remote control, and a paddlegame.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

I would be nice if entered the courthouse for his sentencing with an ashtray, a remote control, and a paddlegame.  

He's not good enough to be the Jerk.  I want him entering the courthouse for sentencing in an ill-fitting suit he had to buy from a thrift shop, with a visible and still-wet shitstain in the back produced from a mix of his elderly loss of bowel control and his abject terror of going to prison.

All the suffering in the universe is insufficient to do justice to what they tried to visit on MY country of 350 million people.

We hunted down and killed every member of Al Qaeda we could find for attacking our country.  That Rudy and his fellow traitors walk the earth alive is testament to WAY more mercy than they deserve.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He's not good enough to be the Jerk.  I want him entering the courthouse for sentencing in an ill-fitting suit he had to buy from a thrift shop, with a visible and still-wet shitstain in the back produced from a mix of his elderly loss of bowel control and his abject terror of going to prison.

All the suffering in the universe is insufficient to do justice to what they tried to visit on MY country of 350 million people.

We hunted down and killed every member of Al Qaeda we could find for attacking our country.  That Rudy and his fellow traitors walk the earth alive is testament to WAY more mercy than they deserve.

I think you will get your wish on the disheveled part of this and the ill fitting suit.  

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I am somewhat ashamed to admit that she sort of does it for me. 

Maria Butina was the ultimate NRA Cool Girl - The Washington Post

I'm normally a fan of redheads, but something about that face is an immediate turn-off.

Something I saw far too often in the dumb kids and bullies growing up.

i dunno... fetal alcohol syndrome, maybe?

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's more of a testament to the racism and islamophobia that pervades US culture than it is to mercy though. If he was Rudy bin Suleiman and could quote the Koran in Arabic he'd be strung up with the quickness.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I'm normally a fan of redheads, but something about that face is an immediate turn-off.

Something I saw far too often in the dumb kids and bullies growing up.

i dunno... fetal alcohol syndrome, maybe?

Dem titties don't have fetal alcohol syndrome?

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, SilasCoade said:

It's more of a testament to the racism and islamophobia that pervades US culture than it is to mercy though. If he was Rudy bin Suleiman and could quote the Koran in Arabic he'd be strung up with the quickness.

Yep.  That's the one question that the MAGAts can't handle: imagine January 6th, but instead of almost all white dipshits in red hats, it was a crowd of muslims doing THE EXACT SAME THING, claiming that they had a holy duty to have their preferred Imam installed as leader, because it was Allah's will.  We'd have mowed those people down with a .50 cal, and every MAGAt would have cheered for the gunners.

MAGAts are just lighter-skinned fanatical terrorists.

And we should have fucking mowed them down on Jan 6th.  Sic Semper Terrorists.

50cal-machinegun.gif

• Hook 'Em 9

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

For all my alleged defense of lawyers, a lot of them are flaming assholes and surprisingly ignorant given their ostensible education.

I actually affirmatively don't like about half the lawyers I have encountered in life. I can't say the same about most of the engineers I've encountered and I have occasion to encounter a lot of them, too.

The Office Thank You GIF

Shit n.., uh, man, that's all you had to say

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

As a lowly law clerk, I discovered that a shitload of lawyers are complete and total morons.  I was handed an appellate brief, and told to come up with our response arguments to it.  I read it.  I go back into the partner-in-charge, and ask "are you serious?  This is a real brief, written by a licensed attorney?"  He chuckles.  "Brisket, you're gonna learn that there are a lot of really terrible lawyers out there practicing law.  This guy is just one of them."

Triggered.  The absolute bane of my existence.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

I am somewhat ashamed to admit that she sort of does it for me. 

Maria Butina was the ultimate NRA Cool Girl - The Washington Post

Somewhat ashamed?  I'm not giving her my phone, email, or WIFI passwords but would happily hook up.  The fact that she is a Russian foreign agent will lend itself well to some James Bond bedroom role play.  

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Keep it coming.  More.  I want Rudy to first experience the crashing reality of losing it all.  The money.  The power.  Everything.

And then, once he's broke, and completely ruined, he tops it off with the loss of his liberty.  He puts on an orange jumpsuit with a number.  He eats every remaining meal of his life off a metal tray.  He dies in a prison bed, panicked, still anxious about how far he has fallen, and the fate that is staring him in his yellowing eyes.

That's what I want.  That's the outcome I want for traitors who attacked my country.

That's what any REAL PATRIOT wants.  I'm sick and fucking tired of these broken-brained orange knob slobberers claiming that title.  They're not fucking patriots.  They are the textbook definition of traitors.  Those of us who want our constitutional republic to survive, to enforce the rule of law, and to crush those who would try to bring it down....WE ARE PATRIOTS.

image.gif.ef9dce53e4da6031fe2a31810c5d5b14.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, G650 said:

The Office Thank You GIF

Shit n.., uh, man, that's all you had to say

Kind of a funny story along these lines that shows how clients can promote assholery in their lawyers.

I had a hearing in a TRO case before a federal judge.  He wanted to talk about it in chambers, so I and my younger colleague and the client went back there, and then the opposing counsel showed up, and happened to be a guy I liked and did a fair amount of work with.  We greeted each other "warmly," I guess you'd say, and then went on with the "hearing."

Later, my boss/mentor told me the client was disturbed that I acted friendly to the opposing lawyer.  Of course, boss didn't have any problem with that, but warned me/reminded me that client expectations can be a bit bizarre or unrealistic.

• Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

Somewhat ashamed?  I'm not giving her my phone, email, or WIFI passwords but would happily hook up.  The fact that she is a Russian foreign agent will lend itself well to some James Bond bedroom role play.  

Pro tip: Have her call you "Commander Bond".  It really gets the old juices flowing, as it were. No need to thank me.

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Cross-posting from the Rudy thread because it's soooooo delicious. Everything dotard touches turns to shit.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/15/politics/giuliani-money-lawsuits-trump/index.html

Related to this - NYT had an article talking about the cash burn for Trump's PACs due to paying for his and others legal bills. Michael Pofok reviewed it and believed it actually underestimated the cash burn and that they could be looking at $10-20 million a month in legal fees. 

The problem? Their intake from their rubes isn't keeping up and they are running a monthly deficit. There is a real possibility that Trump's PACs run out of money (at least for legal bills if they want to have anything for a campaign) and he'll have to start paying them himself. 

Keep in mind that it's unlikely that Trump pays for the other defendants out of his own pocket. If that happens and they get their own attorneys then this whole thing could come crashing down fast. These people won't be able to afford the legal fees and will be looking for a way to settle and avoid trial IMHO.

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

For all my alleged defense of lawyers, a lot of them are flaming assholes and surprisingly ignorant given their ostensible education.

I actually affirmatively don't like about half the lawyers I have encountered in life. I can't say the same about most of the engineers I've encountered and I have occasion to encounter a lot of them, too.

So, far fewer than half the engineers are tolerable 

• Like 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated