45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

Fucking Illinois does it like every three years as a state tradition.  

He may be convicted and sentenced, but the sentence will never actually start for him.  Either he dies or he's allowed to stay out on bond pending all appeal exhaustion.  As a courtesy, while DC Circuit wouldn't overturn, they'll delay it long enough for him to die.

What I am starting to come around on the idea of though is there's now over a 50% chance he may have to spend 24 hours in a holding cell in an emptied courthouse due to contempt/violation of gag order.  Even laypeople can't openly threaten and intimidate on social media.  He's laid the blueprint for a lot of violent shit in his time but in the end, his voters and political allies don't care about their staffers or the institutions they represent.  But corny as it sounds, there are still judges who take their shit seriously and the system of justice they dedicated their lives and their staff lives to.  Some of them are actually going to push back on him just basically telling the world, "Don't like being on trial?  Throw around some tacit threats and you can just get away with it!"  That won't sit with some judges like it sits with Members of Congress.  

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

he'll never sit one day in a jail cell 

20 minutes ago, Slacks said:

This man is correct.

U. S. Isn't putting a President in jail. 

What about exile? 

The only way he avoids jail is suicide. Or other means of dying.

• Drool 1

19 minutes ago, C-Man said:

How about we launch him into the sun?

It's really difficult to get objects towards the sun from a launch standpoint.  It takes many years just to get into orbit of Mercury.  Venus might be more realistic from a cost standpoint, and it's pretty shitty in its own right.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Elon could partially redeem himself by launching Trump as the first man to Mars, but actually he just has to clear orbit and run out of fuel. 

Alternatively, Elon could always do the Elon thing and blow him up during launch. That works too. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Going to have to disagree with you there, buddy. That man's legacy is his fingerprints you see on everything around you now that is America; the division, the hate, the greed, the lack of critical thinking, the late stage capitalism. We see his legacy every single day. 

Tucker, Hannity, the various MAGA YouTubers like Charlie Kirk, the "just asking questions" crowd, etc.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Venus might be more realistic from a cost standpoint, and it's pretty shitty in its own right.  

You're saying the sulphuric acid atmosphere of Venus is worse than the enormous volumes of noxious caustic gas Dotard releases daily from his orifices?

Edited by TeeDubya
  • Hook 'Em 1

Going to have to disagree with you there, buddy. That man's legacy is his fingerprints you see on everything around you now that is America; the division, the hate, the greed, the lack of critical thinking, the late stage capitalism. We see his legacy every single day. 

I agree with this. I don’t recall people being mad and hateful about politics as a hobby until that fat bastard came along.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I agree with this. I don’t recall people being mad and hateful about politics as a hobby until that fat bastard came along.
Then you weren't paying attention.

Trump just stumbled into that leadership role completely blindly. He's no Architect, or creator or thinker on Any level. He says shit and when people cheer he starts repeating it. That's it.

This movement goes back decades. All the Robert Bork and Rush Limbaugh books that I threw out when my dad died say hi.
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Trump just stumbled into that leadership role completely blindly. He's no Architect, or creator or thinker on Any level. He says shit and when people cheer he starts repeating it. That's it.

This movement goes back decades. All the Robert Bork and Rush Limbaugh books that I threw out when my dad died say hi.

This. The 90s say hi. Limbaugh, Clinton impeachment, CNN introducing 24/7 news and politics, the internet. 

40 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Yeah dude, you're agreeing with HIM. See below. I said Rush Limbaugh hash his fingerprints all over this country, and he was agreeing. 

28 minutes ago, Restless Native said:

I took tbone's post to mean that he was talking about Limbaugh when he said "fat bastard", rather than Trump.

Yea Rush is the particular fat bastard I was referring to, in what’s become a crowded field of fat bastards. I seem to remember first being aware of him and the effect he was having back in the early 90s.

I mean my old man didn’t vote for Carter but he wasn’t hateful about it. He also didn’t vote for Obama but had a much different reaction that time around.

Pandering to some of the lowest aspects of human nature for personal gain. Disgusting to me but I guess it’s always been a thing as long as people have been people and both sides do it, but Rush took to it a new unfortunate level imo, showed the formula, and it snowballed from there to where we are today.

Good times.

• Hook 'Em 2