Things are not going to end well for gun shop employee

GoPokes83

9 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

This line of thinking cracks me up.

Yea I’m a dumbass if I leave my garage door open and someone steals my bike. But that in no way puts me at the same level as the subhuman piece of shit who fucking comes onto my property and rides off with it. Fuck you. Don’t fucking steal shit.

Also, wouldn’t surprise me at all, as others have been saying, if Billy redneck gun owner was trying to entice someone. So much stupid everywhere. But that’s the thing about enticement, someone still has to willingly be a piece of shit thief.

Calm down. Nobody is saying that.

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

What about for the millions of people who don't believe in Jesus or a Lord and are confronted with the realities we know: that i need to put food on my plate and shelter over my head to survive and thrive in this reality. Because Jesus and the Lord sure as fuck aren't doing it. 

It's easy to sit here detached from the people being ripped off and spout religious dogma but be the person having your way of making a living being stolen from you and see how comforting those words are when you're filing bankruptcy. 

You're quoting my post as if I don't already believe the vin diagram of those who claim very vocally and loudly to walk the path of Christ and those who look for any excuse to use their firearms on people isn't like 75%. 

Oh, wait, you were defending the guy who shot someone in the back. I didn't actually think after reading the first paragraph you were talking about murder over a few hundred dollars. I naturally assumed you were being sympathetic for what potentially could have been a poor or starving person who hadn't eaten in days forced to steal just to eat. I guess not a lot of people sympathized with Jean Valjean in Les Miserable.  Hell, I guess a lot of people here thought he should have been killed instead of going to prison. 

Here is what I know: We read dozens of amazing stories a year about people who turn their lives around, make contributions, become better people, and go on to live positive lives. Sure, not everyone. Maybe not even a majority of people that steal or do bad things. But some. Change is possible. But death is fucking permanent. I also wonder how many people here have children or siblings who have struggled with drug addiction and had dark times and thought "Yeah, but if they stole from my wallet I should blast them in the back." 

If you think a gun store, in Texas, is going out of business over 400 dollars, you're completely deluded AND full of shit. That's a shitty pistol or two, and they have how many in the display case? 

I work in a business where I see fraud take money from my company, as well as the partners I work with, on a grand fucking scale. And I never once thought "Man, I'd kill these guys if I could find them." 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS ONE CASE

I already said there's a big difference between chain store employee and single mom and pop style small business owner. These goobers were employees and it's a different responsibility for them. 

I'm asking what should the line be because unlike even regional chain gun stores like this one the mom and pop's insurance isn't covering fully for losses and with their livelihood at risk the stakes are much higher for them. What should they do when people walk in and steal from them over and over and over and risk putting them out of business? 

So from a purely financial perspective, are you saying you should shoot someone in the back to retrieve the property that was stolen from you? Do you think there are no financial consequences to shooting someone as they are leaving your store? No criminal defense costs? No civil defense costs? No potential loss of business? Increase in insurance costs or loss of insurance altogether? I'm guessing the owner of Carter's Country is finding out there are costs associated when your employees start blasting that go beyond a couple hundred bucks.

The tough guys on here that say they would blast any unarmed thief are going to FAAFO when they have to declare bankruptcy after they shoot and kill someone for stealing their kid's Huffy bike.

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

This line of thinking cracks me up.

Yea I’m a dumbass if I leave my garage door open and someone steals my bike. But that in no way puts me at the same level as the subhuman piece of shit who fucking comes onto my property and rides off with it. Fuck you. Don’t fucking steal shit.

Oh yes, that's exactly what I said.   jlaw.gif

Someone upthread said something about this thread being exhausting; it's exhausting to wade through this many strawmen.

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're quoting my post as if I don't already believe the vin diagram of those who claim very vocally and loudly to walk the path of Christ and those who look for any excuse to use their firearms on people isn't like 75%. 

Oh, wait, you were defending the guy who shot someone in the back. I didn't actually think after reading the first paragraph you were talking about murder over a few hundred dollars. I naturally assumed you were being sympathetic for what potentially could have been a poor or starving person who hadn't eaten in days forced to steal just to eat. I guess not a lot of people sympathized with Jean Valjean in Les Miserable.  Hell, I guess a lot of people here thought he should have been killed instead of going to prison. 

Here is what I know: We read dozens of amazing stories a year about people who turn their lives around, make contributions, become better people, and go on to live positive lives. Sure, not everyone. Maybe not even a majority of people that steal or do bad things. But some. Change is possible. But death is fucking permanent. I also wonder how many people here have children or siblings who have struggled with drug addiction and had dark times and thought "Yeah, but if they stole from my wallet I should blast them in the back." 

If you think a gun store, in Texas, is going out of business over 400 dollars, you're completely deluded AND full of shit. That's a shitty pistol or two, and they have how many in the display case? 

I work in a business where I see fraud take money from my company, as well as the partners I work with, on a grand fucking scale. And I never once thought "Man, I'd kill these guys if I could find them." 

*venn

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Point of order: Jesus didn't exist during the time of Moses. Sunday school out front shoulda told ya

Bullshit!  I had Jesus Christ himself in this here chair and I asked him, "Jesus, just between you and me...how old was Moses when he fought Pharoah?  And you know what Jesus told me, Moses was 857 years old!  You believe that shit, 857 years old!"

"Yeah, but didn't beat Amalek?"

"Goddamit, everytime a Jew talk about boxing, they gotta bring up Amalek.  Fuck you, Fuck you, and Fuck you.  Who's next?"  

10 hours ago, YGIFS said:

What's the point of having more laws against thievery/larceny if people are just gonna steal anyway?  

the threat of escalating penalties deter people with low commitment from committing unlawful acts of different magnitude.  i dont drive 20 over because i dont want a ticket; i especially dont drive 50 over because i dont want to lose my license.  it effectively deters people like me from speeding.

do you think people who actually shot other people give a fuck about the law, or were on the fence about the act if not for consequences?

crazy idea, i know. 

9 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

the threat of escalating penalties deter people with low commitment from committing unlawful acts of different magnitude.  i dont drive 20 over because i dont want a ticket; i especially dont drive 50 over because i dont want to lose my license.  it effectively deters people like me from speeding.

do you think people who actually shot other people give a fuck about the law, or were on the fence about the act if not for consequences?

crazy idea, i know. 

You just proved his point. Bravo.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Theres a universe where 20,000 people at DKR who wanted to murder Tom Herman, and the only reason they didnt was because of lack of access to a gun, and the threat of capital sentencing….not because murder in itself is a heinous act that they would never do. Bravo. 

Punition is an effective deterrent for most people against most crimes.

Murderers are not most people and the lack of arms and threat of sentencing is not what stops them from doing it.  

13 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Dude tried to steal from Marshalls just minutes before this (couple doors down) but they chased him off. Of course Marshalls doesn't sell guns either.

That was silly of them. They could of killed him if they wanted to get their rocks off. You can kill someone for stealing in some peoples shit world 

Just saw another interesting angle from another camera in that complex.  I can't paste videos except youtube shit, but for a gun safety/watch downrange/careful with your background/responsible gun owner schtick...legality aside...you really won't like what he fired into.  He misses a fast moving target going away from him, there were several cars and several shoppers in his background well within lethal range of his firing.  SIAP upthread, but absolutely inexcusable coming from somebody who probably can't shut the fuck up at lunch about what a safe operator he is.  Just look at where the reporter starts the field story from, you can piece it together in your mind where the robber ran and where the clerk fired towards.  Absolutely bullshit in the middle of the say with that much background activity.  Dying to hear the justification for that irresponsible use of a firearm, not the legal one. 

Ok, so I watched the video.

A few thoughts-
1. I would have never taken that shot.
2. He should have never taken that shot.
3. See #2.
4. See #2 again.
5. They are shitty gun store employees.
6. Let’s go back to #2.
7. Robbing a gun store is stupid.
8. Again #2.
9. Shot was easy.
10. See #1.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I propose a two-step process for eliminating incidents like this.  I'm well aware that neither step will ever happen.

1. Actually pursue and punish people for theft, using the laws we already have on the books, and throw the book at them.  In places like Austin, thieves know not a damn thing will happen to them, which has opened things up to brazen behavior.  While I'm not a big fan of the deterrence theory for criminal justice, it's the best we've got (reform sure as fuck didn't work when we tried it, although it wouldn't hurt to give it another go with the large number of assholes we lock up for theft in this scenario).  While this won't deter the ever-referenced yet largely mythical starving and desperate man who needs to feed his family (who, in reality, has many avenues available for assistance and doesn't really exist in significant numbers - because a desperate man can always find menial work in this country if he's willing and able, and if he can't work there are hot meals, beds, and a roof for any who are willing to ask for and utilize them - and if he's not willing to either find work or ask for help to take care of his family, he's just in the piece-of-shit category with the rest of the low life thieves). However, it just might slow down the idiot pieces of shit who steal because they can't be bothered to do anything productive with their lives because stealing is too easy and carries low risk.  When the cost/benefit analysis tips toward getting a job, that's what most of them will do.  Hell, it just has to tip toward begging to make thieving a less appealing option.   Right now that scale leans much too heavily toward criminal behavior in many areas.  The risk is low, so why not?  I'll never forget when we first moved to New Mexico years ago and there was a statewide discussion about why auto theft was so rampant.  They just couldn't figure it out.  It turned out auto theft was only a misdemeanor under state law.  They finally made it a stacked felony (4th first time, 3rd degree second, etc.) and amazingly auto theft rates plummeted.  Fucking idiots.  They all but made auto theft a legitimate means of making a living for a long time.

2. Get rid of guns.  All of them.  Platters of cheese are to be made available to all gun owners to enjoy with their whine. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Ok, so I watched the video.

A few thoughts-
1. I would have never taken that shot.
2. He should have never taken that shot.
3. See #2.
4. See #2 again.
5. They are shitty gun store employees.
6. Let’s go back to #2.
7. Robbing a gun store is stupid.
8. Again #2.
9. Shot was easy.
10. See #1.

To your point on #9.  You think that shot was easy?  Fast moving, motivated target headed away from you at literal midday with sun overhead beaming reflections of every car and sign in the lot.  With absolutely zero regard for background/downrange crowds.  Literally dozens of cars parked on both sides of assailant's escape route, with who knows inside?  Plus, crossing pedestrian traffic on their way to/from stores/vehicles.

Nobody is excusing the robbery.  But taking that shot in that environment over a couple hundred bucks is absolutely inexcusable.  Specifically because it comes from a guy who should know better who I can guarantee never shuts the fuck about his gun safety prowess.  If the thief was shooting back at him, or even just armed but not drawn, I could see taking the risk. But the fucking mid-cap of a crowded strip center in the middle of a summer shopping day?  He then has two angles of innocent bystanders in his sightline.  Absolutely fucking moronic.  The thief was in the wrong, we'll let the jury decide the fate on murder/manslaughter/etc.  But you "responsible gun safety experts" should take this kinda guy out back and beat the shit out of him.  It's fucking summertime, you know how many fucking kids were in those cars?    Couple of kids shoe stores and family friendly restaurants?  Never mind the fucking thief people!  I realize the clerk didn't have time to realize the environs and clusters of cars and pedestrians, many of them children off for summer break.  I don't fault him for that.  And if you can't surmise the situation, YOU DON'T FUCKING OPEN FIRE!  You either believe and live gun safety or you don't, thiefs and race and DA charges don't fucking matter.  Look where he took his shots and the situation in which he took them.  Absolute dumbfuckery of the highest level.  Jesus, his fucking shots coulda hit some poor minivan just sitting at the access road waiting to turn left.  But you fucksticks keep worrying about how robbers get away with shit.  That's not the fucking point.  Shut the fuck up and look at the shot lineup.  HOw are you people this fucking stupid?  

I only saw the angle in the original post.

Go to 3:00:47 time stamp - inside store when he begins engagement. Distance of 9 feet or so. My groups at that distance are about the size of a quarter. So shot was easy.

But you obviously missed points 1 and 2 of my post which were, I though, pretty simple.

they were.  At a dead-stop target, 9' isn't easy, but understandable.  I just don't understand taking that risk with that background especially if the target is unarmed and moving rapidly with the stark possibility of changing direction as you pull the trigger.  Seems beyond unnecessary given the risk-reward calculation.  Which again, I admit can't be done lickety split which is why you always defer to not fucking shooting.  Short of the guy stealing your grandmother's holocaust ring, if he's moving that fast away from you, with space to zig-zag, and all that shit downrange, with the sun beating down reflections on shit........and he never showed signs of being armed......how do you honestly say with a straight face (and again I give zero fucks about a thief's safety) it's an easy shot given it's summertime and there's kids everywhere?

Either shooting safety means something or it doesn't.  You never, ever, ever take that fucking shot unless the barrel is in the dude's fucking mouth.  

Oh right, right.  Nothing ever went wrong with a firearm at 10' range.  Totally forgot.  

they were.  At a dead-stop target, 9' isn't easy, but understandable.  I just don't understand taking that risk with that background especially if the target is unarmed and moving rapidly with the stark possibility of changing direction as you pull the trigger.  Seems beyond unnecessary given the risk-reward calculation.  Which again, I admit can't be done lickety split which is why you always defer to not fucking shooting.  Short of the guy stealing your grandmother's holocaust ring, if he's moving that fast away from you, with space to zig-zag, and all that shit downrange, with the sun beating down reflections on shit........and he never showed signs of being armed......how do you honestly say with a straight face (and again I give zero fucks about a thief's safety) it's an easy shot given it's summertime and there's kids everywhere?
Either shooting safety means something or it doesn't.  You never, ever, ever take that fucking shot unless the barrel is in the dude's fucking mouth.  
Oh right, right.  Nothing ever went wrong with a firearm at 10' range.  Totally forgot.  

I’m not sure what your point is here.

You’re saying that is not an easy shot for me. I’m saying it is. Have we shot together?

He was barely moving upon presentation. Sorry, that’s a fucking easy shot.

Should he have taken it? No.
Should he have shot outside? No.
Have I seen other angles of outside showing all of the kids and moms and puppies? No, I don’t need to.

Upon presentation at 3:00:47 - that’s an easy shot. Guy should be down and never exited the store.

Again - see 1 and 2.
  • Like 1

I get what you're saying in that it's not a shot that presents a great challenge to a seasoned shooter.  Gotcha.  

Your first two points are valid.  And my first two points are this:

1.  I worry about the people in the background.

2.  I am a good shot, a 2A proponent, and an owner.  No judgement-you're one of the ones who takes your role seriously.  But I could never in a million years allow my brain to put the word, no matter the intended context, "easy" into a sentence about a man being shot in the back for a simple robbery with children behind/beyond the target.  The word "easy" would never fucking occur to me.  Even if meant tactically, this is why so many Americans don't get shit like this.  It's a "simple" shot for you.  A "justifiable" shot for me perhaps.  A "knee-jerk necessary" shot for the dipshit clerk who seems to give fuck zero about the 37 people in the parking lot he probably knows on a first-name basis.  But nothing about gunfire involving human beings, not inanimate targets, should ever be called "easy."  This is why our gun culture is a fucking joke to the rest of the world.  We shout "What about Chicago?!?" and the rest of civilized, literate society shouts "What about America?"  You could make that shot in your sleep, I get it.  You say he should have never taken it, I get it.  But I saw the other angle, and we ostracize mother's for leaving their kids in cars in June in Houston (and rightfully so).  This nervous, sweaty, fat dipshit clerk could have ended a couple of kids lives down that angled parking lane.  We have enough purposeful gun deaths in Texas, we don't need shitheaps like this adding to the death count.  Were I in your trade group, I'd make an example of this piece of shit instead of letting people celebrate him.  Thieves are bad, people that shoot around strip centers during summer break are worse.  Not directed solely at you, I just couldn't fucking believe what I saw his background was.  I guess I just assumed some grassy field.  This is fucking insane how we handle our problems and justify them afterwards.  But I gotta wait for Abbott to pardon him before I can ruin his life.  

• Like 1

I get what you're saying in that it's not a shot that presents a great challenge to a seasoned shooter.  Gotcha.  
2.  I am a good shot, a 2A proponent, and an owner.  No judgement-you're one of the ones who takes your role seriously.  But I could never in a million years allow my brain to put the word, no matter the intended context, "easy" into a sentence about a man being shot in the back for a simple robbery with children behind/beyond the target.  The word "easy" would never fucking occur to me.  Even if meant tactically, this is why so many Americans don't get shit like this.  It's a "simple" shot for you.  A "justifiable" shot for me perhaps.  A "knee-jerk necessary" shot for the dipshit clerk who seems to give fuck zero about the 37 people in the parking lot he probably knows on a first-name basis.  But nothing about gunfire involving human beings, not inanimate targets, should ever be called "easy."  This is why our gun culture is a fucking joke to the rest of the world.  We shout "What about Chicago?!?" and the rest of civilized, literate society shouts "What about America?"  You could make that shot in your sleep, I get it.  You say he should have never taken it, I get it.  But I saw the other angle, and we ostracize mother's for leaving their kids in cars in June in Houston (and rightfully so).  This nervous, sweaty, fat dipshit clerk could have ended a couple of kids lives down that angled parking lane.  We have enough purposeful gun deaths in Texas, we don't need shitheaps like this adding to the death count.  Were I in your trade group, I'd make an example of this piece of shit instead of letting people celebrate him.  Thieves are bad, people that shoot around strip centers during summer break are worse.  Not directed solely at you, I just couldn't fucking believe what I saw his background was.  I guess I just assumed some grassy field.  This is fucking insane how we handle our problems and justify them afterwards.  But I gotta wait for Abbott to pardon him before I can ruin his life.  

That shot wasn’t justifiable.

Easy is just a word.

We’re all done here. I think we both have an idea of where we’re coming from.

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

I propose a two-step process for eliminating incidents like this.  I'm well aware that neither step will ever happen.

1. Actually pursue and punish people for theft, using the laws we already have on the books, and throw the book at them.  In places like Austin, thieves know not a damn thing will happen to them, which has opened things up to brazen behavior.  While I'm not a big fan of the deterrence theory for criminal justice, it's the best we've got (reform sure as fuck didn't work when we tried it, although it wouldn't hurt to give it another go with the large number of assholes we lock up for theft in this scenario).  While this won't deter the ever-referenced yet largely mythical starving and desperate man who needs to feed his family (who, in reality, has many avenues available for assistance and doesn't really exist in significant numbers - because a desperate man can always find menial work in this country if he's willing and able, and if he can't work there are hot meals, beds, and a roof for any who are willing to ask for and utilize them - and if he's not willing to either find work or ask for help to take care of his family, he's just in the piece-of-shit category with the rest of the low life thieves). However, it just might slow down the idiot pieces of shit who steal because they can't be bothered to do anything productive with their lives because stealing is too easy and carries low risk.  When the cost/benefit analysis tips toward getting a job, that's what most of them will do.  Hell, it just has to tip toward begging to make thieving a less appealing option.   Right now that scale leans much too heavily toward criminal behavior in many areas.  The risk is low, so why not?  I'll never forget when we first moved to New Mexico years ago and there was a statewide discussion about why auto theft was so rampant.  They just couldn't figure it out.  It turned out auto theft was only a misdemeanor under state law.  They finally made it a stacked felony (4th first time, 3rd degree second, etc.) and amazingly auto theft rates plummeted.  Fucking idiots.  They all but made auto theft a legitimate means of making a living for a long time.

2. Get rid of guns.  All of them.  Platters of cheese are to be made available to all gun owners to enjoy with their whine. 

I’m intrigued by the cheese idea 

• Haha 2

Happened about 15 years ago in Pasadena/clear lake area.  3 Mexican dudes robbed the guys neighbors.  Neighbor called police.  Killed the guy by shooting him in the back while he tried running with a TV.  Grand jury did not indict.  Sucks that he died but try not robbing people 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Mea Culpa. Just saw date.   I was wondering where the fuck you were coming up with summer break in April.  

Edited by fattyflattie
Dum dum

1. You should never shoot someone who is unarmed for fleeing with property. No basis to think it is necessary to prevent harm. There is no excuse for this shooting.

2. If it was an armed robbery situation and the perp was fleeing with $400 cash, I would have absolutely no problem with him being shot in the back on the way out of the store.

3. Heisting a gun store in Texas is an extremely dangerous proposition. Most of the employees are armed and some are just waiting for their chance. 

• Like 1

Never been a fan of the folks behind the counter at Carters, at least not in the last decade.  Cool stores, I use them when I need to (WBY ammo, typically) but they always seemed to have an attitude. Not atypical for some gun shops, but meh.  I *believe* this is the same location that had a whole shitload of guns stolen during a break in a few years ago?  The one off 59 over by Fajita flats.

On 4/18/2023 at 6:32 AM, YGIFS said:

I'm looking at (2)(B), the victim was 'fleeing immediately after committing theft during the nighttime'.  But it looked like broad daylight in the video.  

Also, why did a gun store have so much cash on hand?  I thought only criminals and thugs bought guns in cash?  

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

yeah, it was not theft during the night time.....

HOWEVER IT COULD BE ARUGUED THAT HE WAS COMMITTING A BURGLARY (T.P.C 30.02) as he, without the effective consent of the owner, entered a portion of a building not then open to the public, with intent to commit a felony, theft, or an assault. 

Behind the counter, employees only, stock rooms, etc., are portions of a building not then open to the public and would constitute a burglary

On 4/25/2023 at 4:24 PM, YGIFS said:

Just saw another interesting angle from another camera in that complex.  I can't paste videos except youtube shit, but for a gun safety/watch downrange/careful with your background/responsible gun owner schtick...legality aside...you really won't like what he fired into.  He misses a fast moving target going away from him, there were several cars and several shoppers in his background well within lethal range of his firing.  SIAP upthread, but absolutely inexcusable coming from somebody who probably can't shut the fuck up at lunch about what a safe operator he is.  Just look at where the reporter starts the field story from, you can piece it together in your mind where the robber ran and where the clerk fired towards.  Absolutely bullshit in the middle of the say with that much background activity.  Dying to hear the justification for that irresponsible use of a firearm, not the legal one. 

Note that could bring into play this section of the Penal Code

Sec. 9.05. RECKLESS INJURY OF INNOCENT THIRD PERSON. Even though an actor is justified under this chapter in threatening or using force or deadly force against another, if in doing so he also recklessly injures or kills an innocent third person, the justification afforded by this chapter is unavailable in a prosecution for the reckless injury or killing of the innocent third person.

I'm sure there's a legal defense at play here and we must trust in the system as we have with other shooters.  I'm just contending that even if he's a proficient shot and I'm quite certain Sec 9.05 was top of mind in his brain in that 2-second window, there is zero fucking reason to take that shot given the background.  Moving target, clerk is probably hopped up on adrenaline/nerves, sun glare on lots of metal, moving cars, moving pedestrians, all the way to an access road wall with nothing for an errant round to hit but cars or people (maybe a light post).  If you see more than one of those mitigating factors, and the guy is unarmed with some cash, you just don't take the fucking shot.  If doesn't make you a commie zero-gun libtard to fucking admit it.  Yes, he took the shot.  Yes, the guy is dead.  Yes, robbers are bad.  But look at the fucking layout and the time of day.  If you're slightly unsure given the background downrange, just don't take the fucking shot.  We'll let the justice system sort it out.  My only point is he's a fucking shithead for taking the shot given the environs and zero threat posed to him.  Particularly given he's the kind of guy who brags about his range safety.  Yeah, the distance wasn't much, but all the other mitigating factors, just don't fucking shoot.  What is so fucking goddamn hard to fucking comprehend about that?  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/18/2023 at 12:16 PM, Gatorubet said:

Call the cops.  Put the register in bulletproof glass cage. Hire security.

I hope everyone who is fine with shooting him in the back gets what karma brings. Dipshits. A pack of dipshits all up in here.

In the worst neighborhood in my hometown, there is a FABULOUS rotisserie chicken place. It's in the fucking barrio...pretty rough area.  But the chicken was and is amazing. I've been eating it for over 45 years.

They got robbed a few times, so the owner took out the register, and installed this ATM-like device.  Buy $11.55 worth of chicken, give 'em a 20, they  put the  20 in the machine, and it spits out $8.45. 

There is no cash accessable to the employees at any time.  You can go there with a gun and get a couple chickens and a tater salad, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

In the worst neighborhood in my hometown, there is a FABULOUS rotisserie chicken place. It's in the fucking barrio...pretty rough area.  But the chicken was and is amazing. I've been eating it for over 45 years.

They got robbed a few times, so the owner took out the register, and installed this ATM-like device.  Buy $11.55 worth of chicken, give 'em a 20, they  put the  20 in the machine, and it spits out $8.45. 

There is no cash accessable to the employees at any time.  You can go there with a gun and get a couple chickens and a tater salad, I suppose. 

Yep, going cashless is the new security. I can’t remember what restaurant I was at a few months back, but the staff no longer took cash at all. If you wanted to pay with cash you went to a machine at the front and put your cash in and bought a gift card, then the staff would pay your ticket with that. No change was provided. I’m sure the owners also make good money on unused money left on the cards as well.

4 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

I’d almost forgotten about this but the store just sounded too familiar. 1977.
826a1b2aca7a62c53387773c7a3756e7.jpg

Guich Koock (upper left in that photo) was a year or two ahead of me at St. Edward’s High School ((closed since 1967) in Austin. I didn’t know him. 
(not so cool story)

11 hours ago, YGIFS said:

That is a fucking weird name, and that's coming somebody with a strange name.  How the fuck do you even say that?

Any chance his sister Karen was related to Don here in Austin?  

It’s pronounced “Geech”, rhyming with Cheech.

The Koock family is legendary in central Texas as the proprietors of the iconic Green Pastures Restaurant in South Austin. His uncle was John Henry Faulk, and his mom was Mary Faulk Koock.

I graduated with his younger brother Tim, whose obituary was published last year. He was quite a character himself - sad that he was the first sibling to pass away.

https://www.statesman.com/obituaries/paco0296919

• Hook 'Em 1