Tourist Trip to Titanic Terribly Turns Tragic

MrBig

Metal on metal is a complete human noise.  It's not found in nature.  Our sonar detects biologics where it says "I'm a whale". The grinding and pounding says bro, I'm doing white people shit.

16 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

Maybe the banging was just the sound of a squid eating Haymish

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Best page of the thread right here. It's got everything and we're barely started.

Not even close. I just discovered this thread today and I cried laughing at the Xzibit Yo Dawg meme and "Go 'Stros" comment about banging being heard.

Edited by gofuckyourself
  • Haha 5

And because the world just is NOT weird enough for us:

“U.S.-listed shares of Logitech International SA, a Swiss maker of computer peripherals and software, were down about 3.6% Monday, amid reports that one of the company’s gamepads was being used to steer the submersible that went missing while taking five people down to the wreck of the Titanic. 

Logitech’s $30 F710 gamepad was the controller of the OceanGate submarine vessel that is the subject of a massive sea-and-air search, according to a segment on the “CBS News Sunday Morning Show” by reporter David Pogue that aired last November.”

IMG_6676.jpeg

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

And because the world just is NOT weird enough for us:

“U.S.-listed shares of Logitech International SA, a Swiss maker of computer peripherals and software, were down about 3.6% Monday, amid reports that one of the company’s gamepads was being used to steer the submersible that went missing while taking five people down to the wreck of the Titanic. 

Logitech’s $30 F710 gamepad was the controller of the OceanGate submarine vessel that is the subject of a massive sea-and-air search, according to a segment on the “CBS News Sunday Morning Show” by reporter David Pogue that aired last November.”

IMG_6676.jpeg

great job on taking post 666, Nicole

I don't see why Logitech is taking the blame. Yeah, their Bluetooth controllers disconnect... hell, their usb stuff sometimes doesn't register. But it's designed for games, not actual real shit where lives depend on it!

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

great job on taking post 666, Nicole

I don't see why Logitech is taking the blame. Yeah, their Bluetooth controllers disconnect... hell, their usb stuff sometimes doesn't register. But it's designed for games, not actual real shit where lives depend on it!

Shit. That was unintentional. I’ve been marked by the beast.666. Fuck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I have to say, this thread is about as fun as a discussion of 5 people dying a horrific death can get. Let’s do it again, same time next year?

Between this thread and the Taliban/Office Space thread, Surly has come through strong the past couple of weeks.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I have to say, this thread is about as fun as a discussion of 5 people dying a horrific death can get. Let’s do it again, same time next year?

I’m still in shock Billionaires willingly signed up, paid insane money, boarded and were bolted shut from the outside.

I couldn’t script this one 5 days ago.
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

The tiktok video I saw was a former navy guy that seems pretty knowledgeable on other stuff. The vid was basically him commenting on that NBC news tour of the sub. Someone in the comment section said the hatch being bolted shut thing was false. Seemed way more believable than the alternative. If it ends up being true you’ll all look pretty dumb for making so much fun of me about it.

Holy shit dude. So it wasn't even the "guy that seems pretty knowledgeable" but just some random person in the comments?!?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, Native Horn said:

I wrote a few limericks inspired by this apparent tragedy.

There once was a Canadian submersible

Twas not much larger than a convertible

It dove down to see

Part of ocean history

But now it is irretrievable

The wealthy crammed into a can

Each one a Titanic fan

As they dove to the depths below

You could hear them scream oh no

Surely we have a good rescue plan

For this journey we paid a quarter mil

The pilot seems like a shill

It is so cold and so dark

I would like to disembark

But all we can do is chill

Haikus are the way to go:

Let's get in this can

Wait, we're sinking, sealed inside?

OU sucks

I may not have gotten the syllable count right, yet I'm pretty sure what I typed is still correct.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, C-Man said:

He better hope stepdad isn't rescued because if he wasn't already written out of the will, he will be now!

As he will soon be grieving the loss of his stepdad (not even his real dad), its important to let the womens understand that he may just have a little extra change in his pocket soon. Especially, the type of women that advertise on social media that they want to sit on his face. He's running a higher risk play here, but I can dig it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Holy shit, this thread.

Notta gonna lie, this is not the tragedy that I would have predicted would bring a divided nation together. Everyone loves sick memes.

Hey. If there's one thing I've learned from studying literature in high school and at UT, it's that everyone loves watching rich people be miserable and suffer tragedy. We want to see the poor guy win and the rich guy suffer.

• Hook 'Em 4