Tourist Trip to Titanic Terribly Turns Tragic

MrBig

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Don't want to rule out the possibility of sabotage:

91HPq0R58UL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I know nothing about this film but :

1. The poster is killing me

2. I'm 99% sure it's just. Fucking. Awful. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They mentioned how the sub  is secured from the outside. As in you need someone on the outside with a ratchet or wrench to open it up. Get caught in a current and surface 20 miles away from the ship, you could be looking out the porthole at that sweet, fresh outside. Yelling at the crew member for not having an emergency plan.

Hold up… you mean to tell me these folks are paying 250k for this trip, and they don’t even get to get out to stretch their legs and have a look around when they get there??

• Haha 1

It's almost a Clancy novel in real life.

Yeah and It’s an Armageddon and The Abyss mash-up that actually happened. Cameron could do a great job with it, really surprised he hasn’t done it already.

29 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Fresh water only, bruh. If they had dropped the sub in Lake Eufaula, the noodlers would've saved the day like the Cajun Navy.

Not going to life, while I have no desire to live on a farm my family has up there, if I had to move to Oklahoma for some reason and had a choice, it'd be somewhere on Lake Eufaula.  Fished there a lot over the years.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Whomever heard any part of that pitch, the video, saw the video game controller, then consciously paid $250k for a tourist expedition, absolutely deserves to die.

The same type of people who heard Steve Patterson’s pitch and paid him.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, mdmost said:

Does this thing have a bathroom or are they just drinking their urine now?

maybe they packed snacks ?

since that thing is pretty much home made, why didn’t they attach some kind of emergency balloons to get them back to the surface ?

12 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

maybe they packed snacks ?

since that thing is pretty much home made, why didn’t they attach some kind of emergency balloons to get them back to the surface ?

I guess they would still be fucked chickens since the hatch is bolted on from the outside.  Imagine if you somehow float up to the surface and then still suffocate.

1 minute ago, Horn Dogg said:

I guess they would still be fucked chickens since the hatch is bolted on from the outside.  Imagine if you somehow float up to the surface and then still suffocate.

If I was dumb enough to be in that thing, I'd like to think I'd be smart enough to start choking people if we got to the surface and nobody was around to open it up.

Did they bring the charger for the PlayStation controller?  Power comes back and the guys like oops I forgot the controller charger.  You’re not a very smart billionaire if you see that remote and get the tour and the guys like that’s from Home Depot, that’s Camping World and you’re like where do I signup.  

Instead of doing all this bullshit, I would have taken their money, dropped the sub in some water, then pretend to go deep ocean when really it’s the windows showing a VR version of the Titanic wreckage. How would the people inside know? They’re stupid enough to pay $250K, they’re stupid enough to believe it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

Instead of doing all this bullshit, I would have taken their money, dropped the sub in some water, then pretend to go deep ocean when really it’s the windows showing a VR version of the Titanic wreckage. How would the people inside know? They’re stupid enough to pay $250K, they’re stupid enough to believe it. 

You are basically describing the 20,000 leagues under the sea attraction at Disney- which has since been redone as a finding Nemo theme I believe. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Does this thing have a bathroom or are they just drinking their urine now?

It's been described as basically a zip lock baggie / bucket system:

There is a small toilet in Titan’s front dome, the website continues. It “doubles as the best seat in the house. When the toilet is in use, we install a privacy curtain between the dome and the main compartment and turn the music up loud.” 

Privacy screen... 4 people inches away... bad time for an upset stomach..