Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

3 hours ago, stork642 said:

Listening to Mike Farrell on Full Ride Sirius XM this week.  That dude hates Texas more than Brando.  When talking about a possible Arch transfer he said he’s heard from coaches in other programs questioning if Arch just doesn’t want to compete because he doesn’t want to transfer.  Then talks about other QBs that are transferring and says they don’t want to stick it out with those programs.  I know he is a total douche but I was surprised how blatant his bias is not even trying to hide his hatred of UT.  He and Brando should form a support group and they can point to the stuffed bear where Texas hurt them.  

Mike Farrell...

image.png.2b8870e9b8cef3e80a790f71fb57255c.png

While I'm at it...

6rd8vh.gif

And one more...

5hhsbf.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I usually give sports writers a wide latitude on their opinions cause their professions demand they be provocative at times... But Kurt is that guy who intentionally pokes the dog in the eye to get the dog to attack him so that he can sue to have that dog put to sleep. 

His take on sports is spiteful. Never seen someone so willfully shit where they sleep.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, someguy said:

Small anecdote - when Texas played at Houston, it was  3PM kick.  At 8AM Arch was working out in the hotel gym.  

The guy is here to work, and the results are starting to show.

The guy has clearly heard a lot from and listened to his uncles on what it takes to be successful. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

The guy has clearly heard a lot from and listened to his uncles on what it takes to be successful. 

Based on what Kiffin said in the interview linked above, Arch is really driven to prove he's more than a name/legacy. One reason he came to Texas was that his uncles' name isn't all over campus.

I'm glad to see he's working hard to get out of the shadow and I'm just as happy that the shadow is so huge.

Get out there and prove yourself, Arch.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

After doing some grass roots sourcing, I have found a group of sorority girls who would debunk this claim by testifying that a pound or two of Arch is something other than muscle.

If you're around a bunch of sorority girls and talking about Arch, you're doing it wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

If it's true that Arch Manning made almost 4 times as much not playing for the University of Texas as Brock Burdy (who may win the NFL MVP award) is making for the San Francisco 49ers ... well ... that's a game changer.  Anything approaching that kind of money will keep a lot of kids from testing the waters in the NFL draft. 

48 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If it's true that Arch Manning made almost 4 times as much not playing for the University of Texas as Brock Burdy (who may win the NFL MVP award) is making for the San Francisco 49ers ... well ... that's a game changer.  Anything approaching that kind of money will keep a lot of kids from testing the waters in the NFL draft. 

Let me help you out here. It's not true. 

• Hook 'Em 4

So some random jagoff in Philadelphia knows the intimate details of a private NIL contracts between Arch and whomever? Contracts the Manning camp say don't even exist?

I know it won't matter to the haters, but the burning online desire of a nobody to spew absolute bullshit to make themself feel less insignificant in their daily life is truly fascinating.

I expect by next fall aggy will swear up and down they know for absolute fact that Arch is making more than Sark and Sark begs him for spare change. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

You really think that deserves an "if"? Total bullshit unless those numbers came straight from Arch's accountant..and not even sure he needs such a thing yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Media just has to write article on Arch... 😋

Arch Manning taking all practice reps as backup QB for Texas

Andrea Adelson,  ESPN    Dec 29, 2023

NEW ORLEANS -- Texas quarterback Arch Manning has taken all the reps as the backup quarterback during practice for the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Allstate Sugar Bowl, the first time this season he heads into a game as the No. 2 player behind starter Quinn Ewers.

Manning, who arrived at Texas for his freshman season as the most heralded quarterback in the country, was elevated to the backup spot for the game against Washington after Maalik Murphy announced he was entering the transfer portal. Murphy has since announced that he plans to transfer to Duke.

"When you get into the season, you don't always have the opportunity to get everybody the amount of reps that you would like to. So I think that's the biggest change for him," Texas offensive coordinator Kyle Flood said Friday in the first time he has addressed the personnel change.

"We've got a ton of confidence in Arch," Flood continued. "I think his progression throughout the year has been excellent. He's a real student of the game, and he's approached it like that from the very beginning. So I think probably the best thing for him and for us as a team was that, when that happened, it was very easy for him to just continue to do what he was doing, because he never approached it like he was the third quarterback or the backup quarterback. He approaches everything like he's the starting quarterback. I think that's the key when you're in a reserve role of being ready when you're called upon."

Manning also happens to be preparing for a game in his native New Orleans. Manning played at Isidore Newman High School and is the nephew of Peyton and Eli Manning. His father, Cooper Manning, played wide receiver at Ole Miss.

Arch Manning was the No. 2 overall prospect in the ESPN 300 Class of 2023 and arrived as an early enrollee in January. Although there were expectations placed on Manning right from the start, Texas coach Steve Sarkisian announced after the spring game that Ewers would be the starter for this season. When Ewers hurt his right shoulder against Houston in October, it was Murphy who started in his place the next two games before Ewers returned.

Still, coaches and teammates said Manning kept growing and getting better as he watched from the sideline. He played in one game this season, the regular-season finale against Texas Tech, going 2-of-5 for 30 yards with 7 yards rushing.

"You can just tell that he wants to learn as much as he can," Ewers said. "He's always asking questions, just trying to do his best. I think he understands the opportunity he has in front of him, and he's definitely not going to waste it."

Whether Manning gets into another game this season or not, there already are questions about what the quarterback room will look like at Texas headed into 2024. Ewers reiterated Friday that he has not made a decision about whether he will return for a fourth season or enter the NFL draft. He has until Jan. 15 to make a decision.

"Just trying to win a national championship right now, not really thinking about that," Ewers said.

Behind Ewers, himself one of the top quarterback prospects out of high school, Texas has reached its first CFP. But the last time Texas played for a national championship, in January 2010 against Alabama, starter Colt McCoy got hurt on the second series and backup Garrett Gilbert played the rest of the game. Alabama won 37-21.

Although nobody expects Ewers to go down, there is a reason the backup quarterback has to always be ready. Texas tight end Ja'Tavion Sanders said if Manning was pressed into action in the playoff, it would take a collective effort to help him get comfortable.

"I think it would take him a little bit to get settled in," Sanders said. "First start, and then in a College Football Playoff game. There's so much on the line. I definitely think, as a team, we would just have to implement the confidence in him, tell him we got you, just go and throw it. So I think if he was to play in the game, he would be ready."

• Haha 1

If I’m QE I use this for jet fuel for the next two games! 
Also, media still can’t understand that Arch just wanted to go to Texas. Not Bama nor Georgia. Move on with the desperation media folk. He’s spelled it out for them and they still trying to look for an angle. Ofcourse he will get to play for Texas. And he wants to play for Texas. Move along. Nothing to see here but seething jealousy and trying to find a “story” where there simply is not one. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

A reporter on X said they have been able to ask Quinn questions yesterday and other days but this is the only day with the whole team, and that this was lats 5 minutes of Quinn's 45 minutes of time. So basically they had already asked Quinn all their questions but only had this one time with Arch

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1