2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN

Pancho

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

A player that won't get a lot of attention from this game but should is Jonathon Brooks. He lowered his shoulder several times in this game when there really wasn't anything there. 

That 3rd and 2 run on the final drive where he initiated the contact with a LB made me say "woah that guy is physical." 

Didn't he recover two loose balls on the turf?  He was a man tonight.

8 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Great heads up play by Hayden. These are the opportunities the dumb teams of the past didn’t capitalize on. If he doesn’t react, and the DL gets back across, no penalty.

I’m nearly 100% sure that was a rehearsed play. If you watch carefully, you can see Hayden snap his right hand shut to draw that dude offside. My guess is it was timed to the hard count. Anyway, Hayden intended to draw him off and that’s why he was so quick to react.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

A player that won't get a lot of attention from this game but should is Jonathon Brooks. He lowered his shoulder several times in this game when there really wasn't anything there. 

That 3rd and 2 run on the final drive where he initiated the contact with a LB made me say "woah that guy is physical." 

That guy just has a nose for the end zone.  
He finds a way to get it done.  

Edited by Laga4

I just turned on my recording to rewatch.  I'm sure it's been discussed, I didn't really get on the game thread much, but that was roughing the kicker on our first punt.  We could have won by more.

My SEC friends are excoriating Milroe.  They all smell blood in the water.  The SEC West is fucked.  Georgia is likely the SEC's only hope for a playoff team at this point.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I just turned on my recording to rewatch.  I'm sure it's been discussed, I didn't really get on the game thread much, but that was roughing the kicker on our first punt.  We could have won by more

We dropped a few TD passes that game too - the team isn't playing to it's full potential yet.

If we keep improving this is gonna be one hell of a team during the postseason

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I just turned on my recording to rewatch.  I'm sure it's been discussed, I didn't really get on the game thread much, but that was roughing the kicker on our first punt.  We could have won by more.

My SEC friends are excoriating Milroe.  They all smell blood in the water.  The SEC West is fucked.  Georgia is likely the SEC's only hope for a playoff team at this point.

Milroe isn’t their issue. They don’t have anything at the skill positions on either side of the ball

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Milroe isn’t their issue. They don’t have anything at the skill positions on either side of the ball

You didn't watch Burton and that TE slice through our defense?   gonna have to disagree with you Bob.  He's a huge problem. 

Edited by ClubWhatever
  • Hook 'Em 4

55 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I’m nearly 100% sure that was a rehearsed play. If you watch carefully, you can see Hayden snap his right hand shut to draw that dude offside. My guess is it was timed to the hard count. Anyway, Hayden intended to draw him off and that’s why he was so quick to react.

I think the Pat Mcafee sound people got the hard count we hit them with as well. 

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Did you watch the game? Mil roe’s passing ability is a pretty giant issue

He’s clearly not suited to the offense they are running. It’s amazing that they didn’t try to move the pocket, run more QB designed runs, etc. They ran out the Bryce Young offense for a guy who needs the VY offense.

• Hook 'Em 1

If he’s not picking a ball off the ground and improvising on a busted play with his legs, he’s not doing shit in the air. Plus he evades after any sign of a collapse. He sucks. First time in about 5 years I thought bama had an average-below average QB

9 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.9ca23c389ba62e2d7fba7feb79e14ac7.png

Our last two drives chewed up 10 minutes of the 4th quarter

Take it a step further...   We had the ball for 12 of the 15 minutes.  We scored 3 TDs with with 3:58 of those 12 and then ran clock to end it for the other 7+.   That's a damm impressive way to end a game.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

This is a better version of the Texas defense than last years. Alabama scored more and actually had shit called back.

No one but Georgia has the upside our defense does. And if our interior DL keeps playing this way, we can be better.

Milroe had two bad decisions and one poor throw. Minimal running game. No pass protection. He’s got little experience.

Some interesting perspectives.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, 'bama could use a new center, or a new o-line coach.  I can't count how many of those snaps hit the dirt.
This is just not championship caliber Alabama.

Clearly. As well as Texas played at times, Bama shooting themselves in the foot was also a factor.

That doesn’t invalidate this win or what it can (Texas has to follow through the rest of the year) mean for the program, because most teams in the country still would not walk into Tuscaloosa and win; but yeah.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Good
>Ewers, especially 2nd half. I was skeptical on his pro prospects. Looks like 1st rounder.
>Texas D. Ethan Burke over Ovie is a massive upgrade. Anthony Hill looks like a beast.
>Competent officiating. It’s jarring to see and makes the games much more enjoyable. We’ve endured 2 screw jobs a year for the last decade. Cant wait to get out of this chicken shit outfit.
>Bama fans leaving early

Bad
>Hands. On both sides we dropped and tipped balls
>J’Tavian Sanders. Hear me out. Dude must be accounted for in the passing game. But his missed blocks cost us a touchdown and a 4th down conversion.
>Our secondary looks slow in coverage.

Ugly

• Hook 'Em 5

Low key, Milroe would have been much better off in an offense like Herman’s where we can run some QB Power to get easy yardage. I was amazed they only ran a design for him once (the QB draw which got 10+) iirc. 

however, that might have been a function that the defense can load the box and dare him to throw it deep, like what we’ve seen for the past two years. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

We completely dominated the line of scrimmage.  Not only was Ewers sacked ZERO times, he also had time to let deep routes develop (those 2 deep ball TDs don't happen without the OL nutting up).

The fact that we got 5 sacks on Milroe (plus 2-3 where we had him in hand and he escaped) was incredible- especially only rushing 4 and Alabama's RT being allowed to hold all night long.

OL/DL has been our weakness for a long time, but I guess the rumors of Sark recruiting OL/DL for the SEC move were true.  Dominant performance.    

Well done, fellas.

There were 6-7 completely different plays that all look nearly identical - the RT clothesline holding on the edge and the refs "missing" it.  

72AA8E92-A857-4C35-8064-E8DB9CF1633F_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.d02ebf91821a69ca1b3ee649f95ba422.jpeg

Different play

DC1FE740-82B4-4A1D-9F06-BCE96F34B55D_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.5c707ba2c296ba4ce1adcce39f59b9bc.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4

• immamac changed the title to 2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN