This team is scary good

ztejas

ESPN preview of kansas. They've been scoring 31 or more every game.  On paper the stats are surprisingly similar, however they give us an 93% chance to win.  Paper is made for wiping your ass.  We will not fall into a trap.  We will dominate and take care of bizness. 

Kansas vs. Texas (Sep 30, 2023) Live Score - ESPN

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Cant look ahead to blowU

Need to blow out Kansas and rest Baxter, Brooks, Banks, Jones and Quinn. Maybe even worthy and AD need to limit.

Get everyone an easy week and get ready for the RRS

We aren't resting shit KU is getting fucked on.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

ESPN preview of kansas. They've been scoring 31 or more every game.  On paper the stats are surprisingly similar, however they give us an 93% chance to win.  Paper is made for wiping your ass.  We will not fall into a trap.  We will dominate and take care of bizness. 

On paper we're the best D in the country. 

KU has zero chance. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Do you even bidet bro? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

It's because their defense is dog shit. 

Coming into this weekend Kansas ranked #105 in DFEI and #110 in ESPN defensive efficiency. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I’d be very surprised if Texas lost to Kansas because I think KU simply doesn’t have the horses on the LOS to hang with Texas for a full game.

Jalon Daniels is, however, very good, and a sloppy have with turnovers, coverage busts, etc. could nullify that advantage. Should be interesting.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

I’d be very surprised if Texas lost to Kansas because I think KU simply doesn’t have the horses on the LOS to hang with Texas for a full game.

Jalon Daniels is, however, very good, and a sloppy have with turnovers, coverage busts, etc. could nullify that advantage. Should be interesting.

Well said. We should pull this out. Kansas defense has good safeties/corners so they are always looking to ball hawk. Daniels is legit. He was on a roll last year until he got hurt during the TCU game (our OU weekend.) he’s the most complete mobile QB and had beaten us. We should just run the ball. I will say that Leipold is legit and they do dial up creative plays. I still think we beat them but this game may be close for comfort. They have built a good team since LL took over. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 2:24 PM, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Glad you brought that up. Unfucking unforgivable that you don't give your backup qb some decent playing time when you have a comfortable lead. We didn't need much to win that Alabama game in 09. One or two completions, as I recall.

I always have a reflex whenever this comes up.  It will always be too soon for me. I will be 80 and near death and it will be too soon.  How stupid can you be Mack?   I called this before it happened, because, like many on the old site, we had lived through the GD KState fiasco.   Colt's durability was in question, only when the stupidest OC ever in certain situations, runs the star QB into the line with sneaks at least two maybe three times in a row on the opponent's goal line.  I don't even remember the year of the Kansas State fiasco.  

So, the biggest opportunity for Mack came late in the 2009 season, when we played against the directional Florida school.   Mack had a choice.  He could either play Colt the entire game and maximize Heisman chances or he could give GG game experience with the full playbook.  Mack was dumb.  He chose neither!!!!  What an ass!!! He had Colt hand off in the second half and then he had GG hand off the remainder of the 2nd half.  The need for quality backup time was obvious.  If I can call this stuff from my chair, how come FUPM can't figure it out, after HIS OC had sabotaged Colt in the previous season or seasons. ?????

Dumb, dumb, dumb!!! 

Rant over, and no I don't feel any better. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, Zeus said:

Cant look ahead to blowU

Need to blow out Kansas and rest Baxter, Brooks, Banks, Jones and Quinn. Maybe even worthy and AD need to limit.

Get everyone an easy week and get ready for the RRS

"Can't look past Kansas. But looking forward to resting our guys and getting ready for Oklahoma!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

I'm not sure KU is any better than Wyoming.  KU has a significantly more dangerous passer, but that defense is ass.  I think both of those teams end up something like 8-4 and in a mediocre bowl game.

But, I don't expect us to struggle the way we did with Wyoming, because we're not playing them the week after the most emotional and hard-fought road win since 2005.

Texas 48, KU 17.  We are becoming the rolling ball of butcher knives.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, JGrayDBU said:

I always have a reflex whenever this comes up.  It will always be too soon for me. I will be 80 and near death and it will be too soon.  How stupid can you be Mack?   I called this before it happened, because, like many on the old site, we had lived through the GD KState fiasco.   Colt's durability was in question, only when the stupidest OC ever in certain situations, runs the star QB into the line with sneaks at least two maybe three times in a row on the opponent's goal line.  I don't even remember the year of the Kansas State fiasco.  

So, the biggest opportunity for Mack came late in the 2009 season, when we played against the directional Florida school.   Mack had a choice.  He could either play Colt the entire game and maximize Heisman chances or he could give GG game experience with the full playbook.  Mack was dumb.  He chose neither!!!!  What an ass!!! He had Colt hand off in the second half and then he had GG hand off the remainder of the 2nd half.  The need for quality backup time was obvious.  If I can call this stuff from my chair, how come FUPM can't figure it out, after HIS OC had sabotaged Colt in the previous season or seasons. ?????

Dumb, dumb, dumb!!! 

Rant over, and no I don't feel any better. 

K-State fiasco was colt’s RS freshman season, 2006. Snead finished the game

Edited by B00M
That series of QB sneaks cost us the aggy game that season too because we rushed colt back. The only game that team should’ve lost was tOSU
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/16/2023 at 10:45 PM, ztejas said:

Sark expects them to be great I'm going to do the same. This team can be really, really fucking good in a way we haven't seen in awhile.

Let's see it happen for once. We've sure as shit waited long enough. 

You were right. I’m running out of things to worry about. Execution continues to improve significantly across the board and the most likely outcome is this team continues to pickup steam as they roll through the big 12.

• Hook 'Em 1

You were right. I’m running out of things to worry about. Execution continues to improve significantly across the board and the most likely outcome is this team continues to pickup steam as they roll through the big 12.

The next two weeks will be tough matchups. Be worried about the team playing flat and the refs throwing their thumbs in the scale and losing games we should win.

2 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

In what way does this feel like TCU 2022? 

Lmao at the 2022 TCU comparison. That team was as close to 7-5 as they were to 12-0. Calling them paper tigers is an insult to paper tigers. They were a "paper tiger" made of single ply toilet paper and glued together with Taco Bell induced diarrhea. They needed the luckiest bounces and help from refs to stumblefuck their way to a conference championship they couldn't win. They somehow pantsed Michigan in the semis with a month of prep and more luck, only to have UGA finally expose their complete lack of depth and talent. 

Edited by USNALonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

Lmao at the 2022 TCU comparison. That team was as close to 7-5 as they were to 12-0. Calling them paper tigers is an insult to paper tigers. They were a "paper tiger" made of single ply toilet paper and glue together with Taco Bell induced diarrhea. They needed the luckiest bounces and help from refs to stumblefuck their way to a conference championship they couldn't win. They somehow pantsed Michigan in the semis with a month of prep and more luck, only to have UGA finally expose their complete lack of depth and talent. 

Agreed. It makes no sense at all to me, so I was wondering what he saw that I didn’t. 

Well, OP changed the title on us. It was "This team is scary good" which I agree with. I'm not agreeing with not being worried about Kansas. Kansas isn't a shit team and they have some playmakers. That said, I think we finally have the defense to handle any type of offense on our schedule. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, mdmost said:

I'm starting to believe this. Let's kick Kansas's ass and then I will be fully on board. The defense is legitimate. PK is finally doing what I had hope he would do on defense when he was hired. This is what Washington would do to teams. We have no excuse to not win the games on our schedule. 

image.png.818df8c456c725d9edb46c0411c751ab.png

So, you expected, PK to walk in, flip a switch, and take Herman's poorly coached retreads, with a staff that was hired for him, most (all?) of which he had never worked with, and turn them from soft marsh mellows into a life taking, ball-hawking defense? Red Foreman would like a word with you.

The DL and LB play has gone from the weak link to the strength of the team in a short time.  2 sacks in the first 3 plays is something you don't see every week. Like Never!!!

image.png.1ac2f04bc7489eec9e58d833266263e6.png

The DB's are good players, just not fast.  The younger and faster guys are learning. I'm betting we get some top shelf guys in a few months.

Now, if we could just find someone who can catch a punt...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

FIFY

Absolutely Sark deserves credit for the progress up and down the roster and the progress of this team.  He’s got a credible vision for being a winning program, has hired well, recruited well, is using the transfer portal well, playing the NIL game well and has generally built a winning program that is giving the team and the individuals that comprise it the best chance to succeed.  As the last 15 years have shown, that doesn’t just happen no matter what material advantages a place like Texas may have.

• Hook 'Em 4

It’s satisfying to see that so many who apparently thought Kwiatkowski left his brain in the Pacific Northwest — or that Patterson was the man behind the curtain — are coming around. Or at least being quieter. 

This team was fucking broken three years ago. Fundamentally broken, as a culture and a roster. This team is pretty stacked and getting even more stacked with top flight athletes who want to inflict mayhem on opponents. I’m down for it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It’s satisfying to see that so many who apparently thought Kwiatkowski left his brain in the Pacific Northwest — or that Patterson was the man behind the curtain — are coming around. Or at least being quieter. 

This team was fucking broken three years ago. Fundamentally broken, as a culture and a roster. This team is pretty stacked and getting even more stacked with top flight athletes who want to inflict mayhem on opponents. I’m down for it. 

I’ll admit I expected a quicker turnaround from PK. We saw Diaz and Orlando produce great defenses in year 1 only to fall apart… if it took PK a little longer to get it going, but it’s sustainable, I’ll happily accept that. Shit’s looking nasty right now. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, B00M said:

I’ll admit I expected a quicker turnaround from PK. We saw Diaz and Orlando produce great defenses in year 1 only to fall apart… if it took PK a little longer to get it going, but it’s sustainable, I’ll happily accept that. Shit’s looking nasty right now. 

I think it’s sustainable because it’s built into the roster and the approach. I don’t think we all understood how rotten the locker room was, even apart from the direct roster issues. 

Texas has hyper-talented guys who are increasingly playing as a team in a scheme that works. If this continues, things are going to be very bright indeed. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to This team is scary good