Texas vs Baylor - 6:30pm on ABC [An XXX fucking 38-6 Texas]

Pancho

29 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Good win. Baylor is the worst team Texas has played to date but it’s nice to see Texas just nuke a bad team from orbit.

Will need to rewatch as I was at a party and not paying super close attention. Maybe practice special teams next week though. Undefeated, likely ranked Kansas coming to town!

Score could have been sooooo much worse.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Good win. Baylor is the worst team Texas has played to date but it’s nice to see Texas just nuke a bad team from orbit.

Will need to rewatch as I was at a party and not paying super close attention. Maybe practice special teams next week though. Undefeated, likely ranked Kansas coming to town!

alien-sygourney-weaver.gif.3aed6646d24ccab6ac81703df5ec9272.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I personally think KU is overrated. Their defense is really bad if you look at the advanced stats. 

They've also played nobody. They beat 1-2 Missouri State, 2-2 Illinois, Nevada who is approaching 20 losses in a row, and a very flawed BYU team if you watched them against Arkansas and SHSU. 

I had a feeling Kansas would beat BYU tonight. BYU looked like dog shit against SHSU and they were outgained by nearly 200 yards by Arkansas. 

We should be able to handle their OL and as you pointed out their defense isn’t that good. 

just need to keep lane assignments and Daniel’s in the pocket. 

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Random thought: I'm not sure Jerrin Thompson is one of our two best safeties. Derek Williams and Kitan Crawford are both such huge improvements in general athletic ability and speed. Taaffe might be too.

Watched the OTF post game last night and either Bobby or Rod mentioned potentially plugging Jahdae Barron in at safety on certain downs. He does seem to play the ball better than others but not sure if he's assignment sound enough to cover a quarter of the field. 

10 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Has anyone seen Oklahoma play this year? I haven’t seen a down. 

Also, fuck them.

I haven't watched them but have seen the scores.

I was curious also and found a fairly in depth write up on them this season if you're interested. 

Spoilering here to save you the click:

Spoiler

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9522sy9pgoc7n4h1bvo2

Oklahoma Sooners GIF

ousucks GIF

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

I'm not complaining, it was glorious to watch besides the deep shots they hit. That shit needs fixing.

Rod B has been saying this for over a year. Barron needs to be kept on the field when we go more traditional on defense. Baylor hit a few deep shots because of bad safety play. He is obviously one of the smartest defenders on the team as well and should be one of the 4 playing in this situation. You don’t allow another team to dictate having to take arguably your best defender off the field.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

What's the story on baylor and animal cruelty? I missed that episode. 

One of the students involved actually went to my high school. Baseball team was doing some fucked up shit to cats years ago. I can’t remember exactly what it was so don’t want to make something up.

• Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Real Papi said:

He was a Herman recruit.  

Gotta give a ton of credit to those last 2 years of Herman recruits that under better coaching from Sark and his staff have led this entire culture turnaround. Guys like Hill, Muhammad, Derek Williams, and Baxter now only know coming into a Texas locker room ready to fucking win. 

Rochon, Bijan, Ford, Coburn, Sweat and the other guys that stuck from those classes and have spearheaded the turn around from Bo Davis' "get in the mother fucker" day to the present should go down in Longhorn history like the early few Mack classes that turned around the route 66 era. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Random thought: I'm not sure Jerrin Thompson is one of our two best safeties. Derek Williams and Kitan Crawford are both such huge improvements in general athletic ability and speed. Taaffe might be too.

Of the two, Derek Williams has greater promise. One can hope Kitan finally grasps the position. He must have improved somewhat this season to be seeing the field at safety.

• Hook 'Em 1