Matthew Perry - Dead at 54

Neonmoon

Reading his Wikipedia article, that’s some serious drug issues.  But damn, he had a dating life and a half

Personal life

Perry holds both Canadian and American citizenship. 

Perry dated Yasmine Bleeth in 1995. He also dated Julia Roberts from 1995 to 1996. He later dated Lizzy Caplan from 2006 to 2012.[44][45][46]

Perry is a fan of the Fallout video game series. On a 2009 episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, he gave Ellen a copy of Fallout 3. This prompted game studio Obsidian Entertainment to cast him in the next installment of the series, Fallout: New Vegas.[47]

In August 2018, it was reported that Perry had abdominal surgery to repair a gastrointestinal perforation.[48] On September 15, 2018, he revealed in a tweet that he had spent three months recovering in the hospital, suggesting the surgery had taken place in June 2018.[49][50]

He became engaged to Molly Hurwitz, a literary manager, in November 2020. In June 2021, Perry announced he had called off the engagement, telling People magazine, "Sometimes things just don't work out and this is one of them. I wish Molly the best."[51]

edit:fake bit

He has described his politics as "left of center".

Alcohol and drug addiction

Perry became addicted to Vicodin after a jet-ski accident in 1997, and completed a 28-day rehab program later that year.[53] His weight fluctuated drastically over the next few years and once dropped to 145 pounds (66 kg). He lost 20 pounds (9.1 kg) in 2000 due to pancreatitis.[54] He again entered rehab in February 2001 for addiction to Vicodin, methadone, amphetamines, and alcohol.[55][56] He was filming Serving Sara in Texas when he suffered severe stomach pains, and flew to Los Angeles to check into Marina del Rey's Daniel Freeman Hospital. Perry's publicist, Lisa Kasteler, confirmed his rehab stay. He says he has spent around $9 million to get sober.[57] He has revealed that due to his addiction issues, he does not remember three years of the time he was acting on Friends, "somewhere between season three and six."[58]

In 2011, as a celebrity spokesperson for the National Association of Drug Court Professionals, Perry went to Capitol Hill to lobby members of Congress in support of funding for drug courts.[59] Perry received a Champion of Recovery award in May 2013 from the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy for opening Perry House, a sober living home situated in his former mansion in Malibu, California.[60][61] Perry later sold the home and shuttered the rehab center in 2015.[62] Perry has been completely sober since May 2021.[63]

edit: people are fucking with his entry

Edited by atomheartbevo

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Oh Wikipedia 

Yep. Didn’t realize that was tagged in there until after.

Meanwhile, the real stuff is crazy.  This was his last FB post from the 23rd

https://www.facebook.com/MatthewPerry/posts/pfbid0hX7sgPtcDKW7awPyfmLfej1dNVyuEuhx32BAtEBm7a7owcz1ZrQ6u7WtPYgCNLp1l

Oh, so warm water swirling around makes you feel good? I'm Mattman

395004036_18009904291994450_400843047947

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yep. Didn’t realize that was tagged in there until after.

Meanwhile, the real stuff is crazy.  This was his last FB post from the 23rd

https://www.facebook.com/MatthewPerry/posts/pfbid0hX7sgPtcDKW7awPyfmLfej1dNVyuEuhx32BAtEBm7a7owcz1ZrQ6u7WtPYgCNLp1l

Oh, so warm water swirling around makes you feel good? I'm Mattman

395004036_18009904291994450_400843047947

Nana nana nana nana nana nana nana nana Mattman...*gurgle*."

Better? @formermav43

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The best part of a very mediocre/popular show. RIP. 

I don't know if Friends was mediocre. I didn't enjoy it, but that doesn't mean it was bad or anything.

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, my bad, I threw together a quick tribute for folks to post on their Facebook and twitters. Accuracy be damned, I can fix mispellings later.

mp.thumb.jpg.ec9b2edb4178bdad14534dab3a8d4bec.jpg

You're an asshole.

But you're my kind of asshole.

Laughing so much at this. :D

• Hook 'Em 2

Bummed about this. Older kid and I watch Friends and she loves MP. I always felt this might be his fate but I hate that she has to experience this type of loss. Guy was on top of the world for a time. We just watched Fools Rush In and will watch Whole Nine Yards pretty soon. He was the glue of that show for a time. Demons are hard to fight. RIP Matt. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Chandler's death has got me thinking about Jennifer Aniston's cold studio nips. So that's nice.

I know it's popular now to trash the show.  Was it the greatest comedy ever?  Nah?  But it was pretty solid, especially for the first 3-4 seasons and Perry's timing and snark were a reason it was.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1