THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Just remember that most of the idiots who are currently saying Texas gets left out were the same idiots saying we should have rooted for Georgia. Which, you know, would have absolutely eliminated Texas as the committee would have just taken the 4 undefeated P5 champs. 

In short, they're morons. 

Glad I at least had the good sense to say it was better if Bama won. But not by too much...which they didn't.

• Hook 'Em 1

What I think they will be 

1. Meatchicken

2. Washington 

3. FSU 

4. TEXAS 

what they probably should be 

1. Washington 

2. Michigan 

3. Texas

4. Bama

I think the committee will take the easiest way out , 3 undefeated and texas has h2h vs Bama 

Fwiw I'd rather play Michigan or fsu than Washington as I think Washington is a terrible match up for us 

• Hook 'Em 1

Man my biggest football-head friend is convinced FSU will go. “Can’t go undefeated in a P5, with your 3rd string qb no less, and not go.”
He thinks no SEC teams go. 

This is my prediction. Leaving out an undefeated P5 feels like a non starter. They had two chances to blow it on the road against a rival and in a CCG, and didn’t. Bama has a slightly better resume than Texas but it does not overcome a two score Texas win. Bama feels like the odd man out here.

From ESPN radio just now: “Michigan is in at #1, Washington probably #2, FSU probably in as #3 based on undefeated record, leaving a choice for committee at #4 between Texas who beat Bama head-to-head in Tuscaloosa early and SEC champion Bama who just beat the team that has been #1 in the country for 2 years.  One host picked Texas #4 based on head-to-head, the other picked Bama because he thinks they’re the best team in the country right now and would beat Texas if they played head-to-head ‘now’”

3 minutes ago, troph said:

They had Oregon over Texas before the comparative tech game and it’s not that big of a deal. There was not real H2H or other direct analysis like Texas/Bama. Bama isn’t jumping Texas here, period. 

Maybe some of that was just them trying to make sure a PAC-12 team got in for its final swan song.  Oregon beats UW, then Oregon gets in... UW drops out of contention.  UW wins, we obviously jump past Oregon but UW is in the playoff.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

If we are going to look past the head to head, let’s not forget that Bama barely beat a shitty Auburn team (that lost the NM State the week before) late in the season on a miracle play. 

And thinking about that, thank God they didn’t lose to Auburn or Georgia would be in over us with the loss to Bama. Bizarre stuff. 

Edited by cabowabo
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

“You fucking idiot!!! Texas is in 100%! They’ve never been fucked over before.” -posters in this thread

If y’all haven’t learned in this thread yet, this dude is likely a troll because his takes are just god awful and consistently against anything that means Texas is in. Or he’s just a miserable cunt.

Edited by Hank_Hill

1 minute ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I don't think Bama should get in just because everyone wants to believe they are one of the 4 best teams now. FSU did what they were supposed to do to get in, can't look past that because you think Bama is better.

I don't think Bana is better, I know Bama is better. Shit, SMU is better than FSU.

I think something that is being entirely overlooked here is voodoo.

2009 National Championship game against Alabama Colt McCoy gets knocked out of the game. Saban and Alabama begin a 15 year rampage through the SEC amassing countless conference and national titles along the way. Texas goes on a 15 year ride on the struggle bus ride with countless heartbreaker games, no titles of any kind, and getting just absolutely dragged in the national media for a large portion of that time.

This year, Texas goes into Tuscaloosa and does something that's never been done to Saban before. Complete domination by Texas. The bad medicine has been lifted. Texas will advance to the CFP.

You may all rest easy. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Today in this thread you've argued....

1) Georgia losing is bad for Texas.

2) You cited an ESPN predictor ranking that was 12 hours old and wrong. 

3) You said FSU losing wouldn't get Texas in the playoffs. 

If you aren't a troll you're the biggest moron I've ever encountered. 

Ahhhh...but he could be both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

From ESPN radio just now: “Michigan is in at #1, Washington probably #2, FSU probably in as #3 based on undefeated record, leaving a choice for committee at #4 between Texas who beat Bama head-to-head in Tuscaloosa early and SEC champion Bama who just beat the team that has been #1 in the country for 2 years.  One host picked Texas #4 based on head-to-head, the other picked Bama because he thinks they’re the best team in the country right now and would beat Texas if they played head-to-head ‘now’”

I never understand the logic of head to head being based on when you played mattering. They are valuing a subjective view against a factual point and basically saying facts don't matter.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

If y’all haven’t learned in this thread yet, this dude is likely a troll because his takes are just god awful and consistently against anything that means Texas is in. Or he’s just a miserable cunt.

Miserable cunt that will never forget 2008 until they show Texas in the top 4 tomorrow. 

• Fuck You 3

7 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Rather be at #4 and get um in the Rose Bowl and wearing the Stormtroopers.

Who the fuck still calls them the stormtroopers? 

There was that hilarious LHN segment a few years ago where they were asking the players what they thought of the stormtrooper unis and half of them didn’t even know what a stormtrooper was. All the players and everyone under the age of 40 calls them icy whites

• Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

The dumbest predictions in this thread or Twitter are ones that have FSU as 3 seed. If the committee puts them in (and I suspect they will but who knows) they sure as shit aren't going to give Michigan a tough game as a reward for being 1 seed while gifting WSU a virtual bye. FSU will be 4 seed or not in.

doesnt make sense if metric #1 is conference champ and undefeated (1 Mich, 2 Wash, 3 FSU)

metric#2 being: a 1 loss conference champ (4 Texas, 4 Alabama)

metric #3 : head to head (4 Texas)

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Helobious said:

Who the fuck still calls them the stormtroopers? 

There was that hilarious LHN segment a few years ago where they were asking the players what they thought of the stormtrooper unis and half of them didn’t even know what a stormtrooper was. All the players and everyone under the age of 40 calls them icy whites

No one outside Twitter calls them icy whites. -under 40 who has always called them stormtroopers 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's almost like the committee changed their criteria and have specifically referenced H2H for weeks. 

You should definitely be banned tomorrow if Texas gets in. 

I think the deal should be…. If we get in, Imma bans him for being wrong and mucking up the thread

But if Bama gets in instead of us, everyone who said UT gets in negs him to Bolivia for being right and mucking up the thread 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

ESPN released their final projected rankings:

We are good yall

1. UM

2. UW

3. UT

4. Bama

5. UGA

6. FSU

What they said about Texas at 3 : "Why they could finish here: The Longhorns can now claim a double-digit win against the SEC champs -- something not even back-to-back national champion Georgia can claim. The selection committee has valued that Week 2 win in Tuscaloosa all season, and it has given the Longhorns an edge against the Tide in each of the past five CFP rankings. It would be difficult for the committee to justify flipping it a day after Texas routed Oklahoma State to win the Big 12 title. The only possible reasons Alabama could finish ahead of Texas would be that the Tide faced a better opponent in its conference title game, dethroning the committee's No. 1 team in Georgia, and simply if the committee believes Alabama is better now than it was in September."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Red Five said:

So this ‘Bama is better now’ shit…. Well yeah so are we.

Right.  We had some ups and downs, and some injuries, but here we are in crunch time playing our best football of the year.  

Everybody wants to give Bama credit for being better than they were three months ago.  And that's fair, but so are we.

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]