THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, troph said:

Not surprised but wow, FSU out. Wow. I think FSU in was the easier decision. This is ratings, and Big 10 v SEC — next years conferences. This had politics all over it. I think there is no precedent because next year 12 teams but wow. Holy shit wow. A 1 loss team with injuries sure, power 5 undefeated? Who is to say tha defense couldn’t stifle the top 3-4 teams. Wow. 

It's not just ratings. FSU would get destroyed without Travis. They could only play defense against Michigan. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

Not surprised but wow, FSU out. Wow. I think FSU in was the easier decision. This is ratings, and Big 10 v SEC — next years conferences. This had politics all over it. I think there is no precedent because next year 12 teams but wow. Holy shit wow. A 1 loss team with injuries sure, power 5 undefeated? Who is to say tha defense couldn’t stifle the top 3-4 teams. Wow. 

Yeah FSU got super screwed

• Hook 'Em 1

Really happy for the players, coaches and staff.  This season has been a real team effort through a good bit of adversity.  So nice to see Texas' work recognized by the committee and media given some of the indignities suffered in years past.

Here's to Texas finishing strong.  Hook'em.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

I think something that is being entirely overlooked here is voodoo.

2009 National Championship game against Alabama Colt McCoy gets knocked out of the game. Saban and Alabama begin a 15 year rampage through the SEC amassing countless conference and national titles along the way. Texas goes on a 15 year ride on the struggle bus ride with countless heartbreaker games, no titles of any kind, and getting just absolutely dragged in the national media for a large portion of that time.

This year, Texas goes into Tuscaloosa and does something that's never been done to Saban before. Complete domination by Texas. The bad medicine has been lifted. Texas will advance to the CFP.

You may all rest easy. 

Lol to all the butthurt pussies out there that ever doubted Texas. Fuck all of them. We're CFP contenders, bitches. 

All. The. Live. Long. Day. Motherfucker. 

It's not just ratings. FSU would get destroyed without Travis. They could only play defense against Michigan. 

Their defense would be on the field for 50 minutes and they might get 5 first downs all game.

Anyone saying fsu got screwed would also be in the game thread complaining about how boring a NYE playoff game is
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This went down as expected. It was between FSU/Bama for the last spot. 

Where are all the idiots that were trying to argue otherwise? 

Let them be known for public flogging.

I’ve been saying it all week. We were in with a win over OkSt and ONE loss from Michigan, Georgia or FSU. We got it in the SEC title game. Fuck all of you namby-pamby fucksticks who said we didn’t have a chance, blah, blah, blah. Fuck that. We in this thing!

(It would’ve been funny if SEC got shut out the season before we join. It will be even sweeter if we bring the national title with us. Who is in bigger meltdown mode — TexAgs or FSU boards?)

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]