THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SarkAfterDark said:

If the committee was going to go this route with FSU they should have excluded them from the top 4 the moment Travis got hurt. But to have them remain undefeated and win their conference and then decide to drop them out the top 4 makes no sense. Sets a terrible precedent IMO. What if Milroe, Penix, Ewers got hurt in practice leading up to the playoffs. Do either of those teams no longer belong? 

Things might have been different if Seminoles looked at least decent last night but nope... they looked like absolute crap.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MisterP said:

MAYBE GO FUCK YOURSELF

YOU ARE WANDERING THE DESERT AFTER YOUR 100 YEAR DECISION LASTED 12

YOU ARE LOSING YOUR FUCKING TEAM AND CANT EVEN KEEP YOUR BAG DROPPER

FUCKING TEXAS IS BACK AND WE ARE GOING TO BE A NIGHTMARE FOR YOU

You've got this Aggie wrong. He’s basically a Texas type grad who made an unfortunate decision to be an Aggie. He’s basically the leader of the 2%er club (or whatever they call the Aggies that aren’t group think morons).

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

If the committee was going to go this route with FSU they should have excluded them from the top 4 the moment Travis got hurt. But to have them remain undefeated and win their conference and then decide to drop them out the top 4 makes no sense. Sets a terrible precedent IMO. What if Milroe, Penix, Ewers got hurt in practice leading up to the playoffs. Do either of those teams no longer belong? 

Easier to deal with one day of questions about it than weeks of questions about it.

Pussy move for sure but there you go.

1 minute ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Eh, it was possible that FSU'S backups come in and the offense still looks competent by the end. That obviously didn't happen. But the real reason is that Alabama won and they couldn't find a way to get the SEC in without Texas also being in. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, troph said:

You really aren’t making sense. If TCU belonged last year, FSU certainly belongs this year. TCU last year and FSU this year have zero comparative value.

I didn’t bring up TCU, was just responding to other TCU comments.

And I haven’t said that FSU wasn’t screwed. But I have stated that I understand the SOS between Bammer and Tomahawk being a big factor.

1 minute ago, troph said:

You've got this Aggie wrong. He’s basically a Texas type grad who made an unfortunate decision to be an Aggie. He’s basically the leader of the 2%er club (or whatever they call the Aggies that aren’t group think morons).

I dont care. DADDY IS BACK. We are going to be a nightmare.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MisterP said:

MAYBE GO FUCK YOURSELF

YOU ARE WANDERING THE DESERT AFTER YOUR 100 YEAR DECISION LASTED 12

YOU ARE LOSING YOUR FUCKING TEAM AND CANT EVEN KEEP YOUR BAG DROPPER

FUCKING TEXAS IS BACK AND WE ARE GOING TO BE A NIGHTMARE FOR YOU

I'm sure you'll be able to point me to where I said that Texas shouldn't be in. Surely.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, BluTechsan said:

I didn’t bring up TCU, was just responding to other TCU comments.

And I haven’t said that FSU wasn’t screwed. But I have stated that I understand the SOS between Bammer and Tomahawk being a big factor.

Well the line of conversation for this one who ever I was responding to did raise TCU as an exemplar for … leaving FSU out?  Odd.

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Oh, I totally get it, it just sucks for them. They did everything that they possibly could (except not having better backup quarterbacks, I guess?) and are more deserving.

I agree that Alabama should have been left off. After we beat them, most aggies were saying that this was the worst Alabama team since they joined the SEC.

• Hook 'Em 1

All of that is true, but the ACC is a major conference and has won the national championship a couple of times in the last few years.  Who knew Clemson was going to be bad this year?  You play the teams in your conference and on your schedule.  

The ACC has been weak for years. Lots of poor QB play too. Top to bottom it’s a poor conference.

All the teams in are from major conferences. It’s sorta bad luck on FSUs part. The selling point isn’t even that we’re better. It’s we won against our crappy schedule. Never mind Georgia you got Bama; we got Louisville.

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Yeah they definitely wanted FSU they probably cheered when Texas was 3 too

The Alabama/Michigan game should be even money. Both teams will struggle to score. I'm thinking that it will be right around 21-17 when the fourth quarter ends.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Travis or not, FSU has done nothing to prove they’re more deserving other than beating the crappy teams on their schedule. Georgia, Ohio State, Bama, Texas, Washington, Michigan, Oregon. Yeah. I’d put money that at least 4 go undefeated against that schedule.

FSU beat the teams on their schedule, that were scheduled 5-10 years ago. Like LSU, Clemson, & Florida, 3 BCS/CFP National Champions. Not their fault they all sucked.

Compare this to Georgia canceling playing OU. FSU played more BCS/CFP SEC National Champions than Georgia did. 

It was a hard choice. You can't penalize a team for scheduling hard games, that is what makes college football. 

• Hook 'Em 1