Texas vs tcu - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

My mistake you are a pessimist bitch most other days too. 

It is your mistake. Military service has nothing to do with our 3rd 20 point blown game and continued regression of a college team we all expect more out out of. But some folks are ok with mediocrity and just good enough and all that other basic shit. While many are pissed off. that the same exact mistakes continue by to be made week after week after week with zero improvement by our so-called savant coaching staff  but yeah those of us that expect improvement are just pussies and we should be ok with good enough I guess my military service and expecting improvement is a detriment to your life somehow  

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Wonder who ends up Center next season ... Hutson or Robertson, or am I missing any other candidates? Thinking Hutson most likely but Robertson will have a year in the oven by then.

I don't know. But we have to do something about the left side. Maybe Hutson at center and Neto a LG? Not sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Yea sure, this is a fucking blast. The hundreds agreeing it’s a fucking beating must be wrong and the 3 just happy to be here sheep are always right. Cool story. 

If its not fun for you then stop watching. Why do something that makes you miserable, you can come back when they meet your standards if you like

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, statsman said:

I got bad news for you. TCU will be flat against OU next week, and be crushed by the Sooners. Because they care about their game with us and don’t care about OU. That’s just the deal 

I said it earlier I’m ready to be done with the Texas tour of recruiting rejects who desperately want to beat their old high school teammates now wearing burnt orange.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, vandergriff said:

3 months ago.  Texas has gone backwards since that game and Bama has improved every week.

You and every sober Texas fan know they would beat us pretty handily at this point.  

Although the fan hate is strong for a lot of these schools, I don't think the players are quite as passionate. I think they were fired up for the Bama game and probably not so much for most of the big 12 foes. Ousux game is just always to unpredictable to explain. I expect they'll get fired up to play UM, GA, or whomever if they can keep their shit together and take care of the teams they should.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, statsman said:

I got bad news for you. TCU will be flat against OU next week, and be crushed by the Sooners. Because they care about their game with us and don’t care about OU. That’s just the deal 

This...ask Okie Lite....their "game" was to beat ou...and did...they completely no showed at ucf...

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

It is your mistake. Military service has nothing to do with our 3rd 20 point blown game and continued regression of a college team we all expect more out out of. But some folks are ok with mediocrity and just good enough and all that other basic shit. While many are pissed off. that the same exact mistakes continue by to be made week after week after week with zero improvement by our so-called savant coaching staff  but yeah those of us that expect improvement are just pussies and we should be ok with good enough I guess my military service and expecting improvement is a detriment to your life somehow  

You expected more than 9-1 at this point this year? You think 9-1 and #7 is “mediocre”? You don’t think this is an improvement from last year? Okay boss.

We could be a lot better (I think PKs soft coverage is our biggest issue) but stating the top 10 would skull fuck us when we’ve literally beat one of them and most have close wins over inferior teams and/or a loss is bitchmade.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm glad we won TCU's Super Bowl in front of such a rabid crowd, especially since we went in with a gimpy QB. Had the game been back and forth all night and we won by 3 late, we'd probably feel way better about it. Same for the wins over Houston and K State. Maybe getting big leads every week makes us feel we're finally as good on the field as we are on paper.

We can argue these games shouldn't be nearly as tense as they are, based on the overall talent gap. But the Texas hate farewell tour was almost bound to go something like this. I'm relieved it soon will all be history. 

• Hook 'Em 1

May be an overstatement but on the 3 & 6 with just under 3 min to play in the 3rd quarter, if Ewers dumps it off to wide open Whitt for the first instead of trying to hit Worthy deep, we probably end up scoring on that drive and the game is iced at 33-13 heading into the 4th. 

Edited by Levi
  • Hook 'Em 6

May be an overstatement but on the 3 & 6 with just under 3 min to play in the 3rd quarter, if Ewers dumps it off to wide open Whitt for the first instead of trying to hit Worthy deep, we probably end up scoring on that drive and the game is iced at 33-13 heading into the 4th. 

The only person in the country that didn’t see it was Ewers.

6 minutes ago, Levi said:

My bad. 33-6

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

The only person in the country that didn’t see it was Ewers.

It’s kind of why I’m not hell bent on Sark completely crumbling in the second half. It was right there for Ewers and he just completely missed it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I'm glad we won TCU's Super Bowl in front of such a rabid crowd, especially since we went in with a gimpy QB. Had the game been back and forth all night and we won by 3 late, we'd probably feel way better about it. Same for the wins over Houston and K State. Maybe getting big leads every week makes us feel we're finally as good on the field as we are on paper.

We can argue these games shouldn't be nearly as tense as they are, based on the overall talent gap. But the Texas hate farewell tour was almost bound to go something like this. I'm relieved it soon will all be history. 

Yep. A point of clarification- the TCU “crowd” really isn’t that rabid. At Amon Carter Stadium games, they Mike the band and amplify it through the Jumbotron, to increase the volume. Otherwise, it would be fairly quiet. 

Glad to be done with the cockroaches, and trap games in their 46,000 seat stadium. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I'd like to see the team that beat Bama in Tusculoosa.  That was unbelievable....where are you?

Waiting for a team of equal caliber. Sark is all gas against that kind of competition, not when he has a 20 point lead. 

A Pyrrhic victory. Not only did we lose two of our best players, we also continue to get exposed as an undermanned, undercoached team squeaking out victories.

Its a good problem to have, but we’ll be on the outside looking in the playoffs. I no longer have confidence we’d beat OU in Arlington.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

34 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:
said:

Yea sure, this is a fucking blast. The hundreds agreeing it’s a fucking beating must be wrong and the 3 just happy to be here sheep are always right. Cool story. 

34 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

If its not fun for you then stop watching. Why do something that makes you miserable, you can come back when they meet your standards if you like

yeah i mean that's literally what i did in 2021...just stopped watching completely after bu. i mean ALL football. stopped visiting the football forum, just avoided all football discussion.

i had some other stuff going on... but it really did help my general emotional state. 

of course...we actually lost every close game that season, but to each his own lol.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic
52 minutes ago, Slowinthehead said:

Disagree, but to each their own I guess. Again, not many people expected Brooks to step up and be one of the top 2-3 running backs in the country. I wanted Baxter to play early, but not surprisingly he struggled. Because he’s a freshman

And he got hurt the first game, he'll maybe his first carry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

With the help of the Rig12 refs.  Texas has no such luxury 

I mean, this ref crew clearly didnt get the rig 12 memo from the home office this week.  They werent blind and incompetent. 

we got 3 legit calls that we hadnt been getting all fucking year.  2 def hold and the late hit

plus another holding call that we declined because it was already 3rd and long.   --of course their struggling kicker came in and nailed his longest kick ever by 5 yards---lol

plus, we didnt have a shitload of the random subjective calls made against us i.e. random DPI, Def holding, offensive holding, late hits (except our last drive), that had been piling up on us all year.  our only PF penalty was deserved because our sideline players are borderline moronic.   

In fact, we should have also been called for a CLEARLY late hit on that same play.  they only called the PF after Savion went full moron and shoved the TCU player in our bench. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Yep. A point of clarification- the TCU “crowd” really isn’t that rabid. At Amon Carter Stadium games, they Mike the band and amplify it through the Jumbotron, to increase the volume. Otherwise, it would be fairly quiet. 

Glad to be done with the cockroaches, and trap games in their 46,000 seat stadium. 

True. I was there tonight and they were similar to Horns fans, most were down and quiet and leaving by the 3rd quarter. Some douchebags but most were quiet and non confident.

This is certainly an infuriating team to watch, but the bottom line is that we're going to improve our record from last year by at least two games.  Last year, we improved by three games.  The positive trajectory is there, continuity has been huge for us, and while its not perfect, we're 9-1.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Fico said:

Y’all are fucking hilarious… we are 9-1.

Keep winning… this is not the 2005 team and never was. In terms of modern football the idea that we would recreate that team is insane.

Literal best season since 2009 (best season in 14 years) and people are pissed, calling for people to be fired. 

You dumb fucks have no clue. Enjoy the win and shut the fuck up.

Reruns of the late Mack/Chuckles Strong/Turtle Tom games can be found on YouTube for this crowd.

• Hook 'Em 5

I think the OU loss a couple of years ago fucked Sark up. 

He was blowing OU away and then they came back, Sark kept scoring fast and ended up losing the game due to the shitty secondary play as Caleb Williams threw punts up in the air. 

I think since then he’s become much more conservative when he is up and this shift is making the games so damn close. 

He’s gone from one guardrail to another and it’s why last year and this year there are so many one score games. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I mean, this ref crew clearly didnt get the rig 12 memo from the home office this week.  They werent blind and incompetent. 

Here’s the ref giving TCU a first down early in the 2nd half. They were going from left to right. Notice the ref is a full yard behind the line to gain and signaling 1st down 

Plus the false start that caused the FG was an imaginary false start. Jones didn’t move. That’s a potential 4 point swing by the refs 

72146925646__D80A0CB4-6D4C-4F8A-A242-41B99B8BA526.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1