Texas vs tceh - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

i thought the tie breaker was against their worst mutual conf loss? which would be Kansas for ou and osu for KSU

Record against the next highest placed common opponent in the standings (based on record in all games played within the conference), proceeding through the standings.

20 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Why? Why play an in state team in non conference that's going to make you their super bowl and use it to recruit against you if they win when you're playing an SEC schedule and there's a 12 team playoff? Honestly, starting next year there's ZERO reason to play anyone but tune up preseason type games in non conference. UTEP, Rice, Texas St, North Texas and a revolving slate of directional Louisiana teams should be the non cons every season in the new format. With the playoff and prospect of playing 3+ playoff games at the end of the season you don't want to wear out on tough teams early anymore. 

I have a bunch of friends and family that root for those two, and we’ve played those games for a million years. Regional rivalries is what makes college football really fun, IMO. Playing Alabama is cool, but I’m not going to be able to roll into work in Monday morning and talk shit about our big win over South Carolina, Tennessee, or Ole Miss. Those opponents mean nothing to me personally. Clearly I’m in the minority on this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Serious question, who is responsible for our special teams kicking so much ass ? Give that man fucking raise 

Special teams coach.  Left his wife for a stripper named Pole Assassin.  She's got a monkey for a dance partner.  Anyway they built a Halloween maze and it bit a trick or treater.  Knocked him out of contention for the Wazzu job.

2 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Special teams coach.  Left his wife for a stripper named Pole Assassin.  She's got a monkey for a dance partner.  Anyway they built a Halloween maze and it bit a trick or treater.  Knocked him out of contention for the Wazzu job.

There but the grace of God go I.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Opponent in the big 12 title game doesn't matter at this point. 

If FSU loses and we win, we should be in as big 12 champs with the best win of the season for any team over Alabama on the road and the #9 strength of schedule in the country. 1 loss Alabama, Washington, Michigan, OSU, or Georgia shouldn't be in over us as any of none of them has the quality win we do and their loss would be at the end of the season costing them the conference title. 

That's the path. If Washington, FSU, OSU/Michigan winner, and Georgia win out we're out automatically as all 4 would be undefeated. 

I know and said the same thing a few weeks ago.

6 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Shout out to the fans tonight. That looked/sounded like an electric atmosphere. Hopefully this is the new norm for DKR going into the sec. 

Ever since Charlie Strong left fans have been good. We've filled the stadium for some pretty meh teams and made noise and been a pretty good homefield advantage.

It's been really nice because there was a time when we had notoriously quiet crowds and fickle fans.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I have a bunch of friends and family that root for those two, and we’ve played those games for a million years. Regional rivalries is what makes college football really fun, IMO. Playing Alabama is cool, but I’m not going to be able to roll into work in Monday morning and talk shit about our big win over South Carolina, Tennessee, or Ole Miss. Those opponents mean nothing to me personally. Clearly I’m in the minority on this. 

KSU, ISU, Nebraska, etc meant nothing to us in 1994. 

At least now we're playing among the absolute cream of CFB and strategically speaking it makes no sense to give any of those leftover big 12 teams any recruiting exposure. Us and aggy should absolutely dominate the state in recruiting now and the techs and TCU should fall off a cliff within 5 years without any marquee matchups left. 

Already this season Baylor hasn't played on broadcast TV hardly at all since we beat them. Their games are only on ESPN+ streaming. They're fully irrelevant now. That will happen to the rest of the conference eventually and they'll have to start playing on Wednesdays to get some attention. 

• Hook 'Em 5

26 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Have no issue with Iowa State fans. In terms of the way they treat Texas and opposing fans they are some of the best in the country. It’s their cunty, mouthy coach that is the issue. And it appears his cuntiness rubbed off on that left guard who ran his mouth before Sweat committed hate crimes all night against him. Coaches come and go so I have no issue playing them in the future. 

But fuck anyone in the mouth who thinks we should be playing Tech, TCU, Baylor, Houston or Oklahoma State. There is nothing but downside for us playing them. Let them die a slow death into obscurity where they belong. 

Out of rep to give out today, but 100% this.  I worked with some Iowa State alums when I used to live in Colorado.  They were good folks, and I had a lot of fun with them.  Wish them nothing but the best.

Don't have much use for Campbell nor their mouthy players.

I'm sick and tired of Tech, TCU, and Baylor in particular being more than happy to take their share of the revenue we brought into the conference while shitting all over us.  I'm sick and tired of the biased Rig XII officiating.  And I'm glad that we're leaving them to stew in their own misery for the foreseeable future.  I'm glad we're moving to a conference with more peer programs like Alabama and Georgia, and not one that is motivated by members full of petty jealousy by sticking it to big, bad Texas every chance they get.  This season has been particularly cathartic to me as a longtime Texas fan and alum.

Edited by orangebird
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, Pancho said:

Ehh, Strong had nothing to do with it. Our atmosphere improved since CDC and crew came along. That’s really it. The Strong era ending was just a coincidence. 

Yeah it was just around that period. It wasn't like we haven't had some Strong-like seasons since.

Just now, Hermanator said:

After seeing these last 2 games we need someone to hack into Gundy's social media and tag the university calling Ewers a cunt or something. These dudes slept walked through 4 straight games then some Iowa farm boy jerk off calls them out and they wake up and start slangin' wood. 

Truth right there... someone, anyone from Okie Lite just say something.. anything

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

1. That’s the best beat down of a non-directional school or total shit team since the Mack era.  And what a perfect time for it.  Thanks, McGuire and Yormark.

2. I really hope it’s Oklahoma State next week because the scoreboard over every team from the old Big 12 that’s remaining in the new Big 12 is how this should end.  

We beat OU 49-0 last year

And if you want to play Big 12 teams going forward it should be in basketball

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

After seeing these last 2 games we need someone to hack into Gundy's social media and tag the university calling Ewers a cunt or something. These dudes slept walked through 4 straight games then some Iowa farm boy jerk off calls them out and they wake up and start slangin' wood. 

They beat us last year after a 4th quarter collapse. 

Surely they remember. 

Great game. Front 7 was unstoppable.  Best game by the secondary all year.  Really good coverage, tackled well.  Great to see Bush and KRob go out with big games.  X scored a TD after twice looking like his season might be done.  Burt Auburn is an assassin.  Special teams was fantastic.  Entire RB room got to eat and played like they were angry.  11-1 feels good.  This team looks dangerous.  We rolled in guys who barely saw the field like Wisner (at RB) without a noticeable dropoff.

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Great game. Front 7 was unstoppable.  Best game by the secondary all year.  Really good coverage, tackled well.  Great to see Bush and KRob go out with big games.  X scored a TD after twice looking like his season might be done.  Burt Auburn is an assassin.  Special teams was fantastic.  Entire RB room got to eat and played like they were angry.  11-1 feels good.  This team looks dangerous.  We rolled in guys who barely saw the field like Wisner (at RB) without a noticeable dropoff.

And yet, I'm might still grade it no more than a B+ game overall, being objective. A- or above beats anyone, no matter what.

• immamac unpinned this topic