Texas vs oSu - Big XII Championship - Pre-game Chatter

TrashMaster G

If Ewers is on and we don't get a 2015 Strong or 14-0 penalty situation.  This won't be close.
without the highway robbery this is 8-7 Texas over the last 15 years.
11am kick means the Rig12 ref fuckery will be on display for the entire country to see...and no rain/snow in Jerryworld to blur the TV cameras.

Where were all your fans on Saturday night?  I was shocked at how empty the stadium was.  I know the weather sucked, but with a berth in the CCG on the line?  That was just sad.

I thought so too, but the students were out for Thanksgiving, and it looked like we were going be UCF’d again so probably half the crowd we did have left at halftime. TBH freezing rain may have been my “Screw it, it’s warm in the truck” breaking point too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

Yeah I’m pretty sure the actual team is being kept focused by Sark…because quite a few of y’all are in “they’re terrible, we should win convincingly” territory.  

Gundy just seems to have his team playing like the 1989 San Francisco 49ers every time we play you. This game worries me.

I hope I look stupid and we crush Oklahoma State like we should if you compared their BYU game to our Texas Tech game...but how often has Oklahoma State looked like shit and then played awesome against Texas? More than once.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The line is similar to Texas Tech because that's how Vegas views Oklahoma State. When you look at Oklahoma State's post-game win expectancies they should probably be 7-5 or 8-4. 

I got their PYTH winning percentage at .531, so 7-5 is about right. in non-FCS competition they have outscored their opponents by less than 2 PPG. Texas is at nearly 18 PPG.

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Gundy with a pretty amazing stat. He said that we are +300 yards in the punt return game this season vs our opponents, which is #1 in the country. That is bonkers. 

That's hard to believe we lead the country since Georgia hasn't had a single punt returned against them this year.  Not returned for a TD, we're talking no one has actually caught the ball and run forward with it on a punt.

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Georgia only has 230 punt return yards.   Texas has 368 punt return yards.  Texas has had 68 yards of punt return against them - for a net of 300.

Texas opponent punt return yards by game:

Rice - 0
Alabama - (-6)
Wyoming - 17
Baylor - 0
Kansas - 0
Oklahoma - 0
Houston - 6
BYU - 18
Kansas St. - 4
Iowa St. - 29
Texas Tech - 0

I’m new to football—is that good?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Has anyone received tickets for the Big 12 championship game through the Longhorn Foundation yet?  I put in a request and got an email last week that said that I would get them if Texas made the game, but I haven't received any tickets yet

Haven’t received them yet, but I did see the charge on my CC today so I at least know how much I was charged ($180 each). Kind of important since the price range on the order form was $99-$350.

The fulfillment email from last week said we should get them by Thursday.

Gunny is a pretty straight shooter.  I like the 300 yard point he made.  I also remember what he said on live radio interview right after a very recent victory over us. "Their punter almost won the game for them." referring to Dickson.  That was one of the most dominating punt dominations ever, right up there with the bowl game when Dickson was the MVP, with all of those punts inside the 10 yard line. 

Between the refs and Gundy, that is about 3 TDs in my book.  Assuming they score one on their own, that gives them 28 points.   We should score about 35 points against them.  If Quinn comes out better than last week, we score 42.  I put it right in the middle for about 38 points for us.  I feel good about a 38 to 28 victory.  

I don't give my Pokes much of a chance in this one. But the fact so many Gooners are openly cheering on the Horns and having such a hard time with how this whole thing has played out, it's still a memorable season. 

I've never seen - in all my years - Sooner fans this ugly going into bowl season. They are really having a hard time processing this and it's hilarious. 

Edited by Sweetnsourpoke
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Homercles said:

Yeah I’m pretty sure the actual team is being kept focused by Sark…because quite a few of y’all are in “they’re terrible, we should win convincingly” territory.  

I resemble that remark. I'll have you know I'm on the phone daily with the team telling them that Gundy called their girlfriends fat.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Skipper said:

Gundy is a hell of a coach.  He's going to have that team ready to play their A game.

Gundy is 9-4 against Texas in their last 13 games and Sark is 0-2...    Wow

Okie lite has the best LBs Texas has played this season according to Sark.  Their RB Ollie Gordon is headed to the Doak Walker Award ceremony.  Texas defensive vulnerabilities will be attacked with inside pass routes, screens, swing passes to RBs, and short crossing routes focused on Gbenda in coverage.  Okie lite will dare Sark to throw on early downs in hopes of getting Texas to more 3rd and long situations, and then use cloud coverages that take away Quinn's first passing option making him struggle and more likely to self sack or throw interceptions.

I doubt Okie lite kicks to Worthy when they punt the ball, and expect that they try to block a Texas punt at some point in the game.

Good stuff in here...  SIAP

Edited by LTtxfan
I suck editing
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

what's the range for 2nd deck between the endzones and 2nd deck behind an endzone

thanks in advance

Prices have come down some.  2nd deck end zone around $275 including Seat Geek fees. Over $400 for yard line seats.  Get in price for upper deck around $130.  

I think we would be unwise to assume an easy game. OSU comes prepared to play against us, usually.
That being said, Vegas has the line at -15 for a reason.

I think Texas can and ultimately will win with some cushion because I trust them to come out sharp, but I’d still be mf elated with a 1-point win.

It’s a championship game. Most of this roster hasn’t been here. OSU has churned so much that I think that’s probably true of them too. Texas has the better roster but Gundy is the one who has competed with these stakes as a HC, not Sark. Weird shit can and probably will happen.
  • Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

I think we would be unwise to assume an easy game. OSU comes prepared to play against us, usually.

That being said, Vegas has the line at -15 for a reason.

Prepping for a team you know will be on your schedule all offseason is a little bit different from having a weeks notice. 

I'm sure Gundy has probably had some light scouting done on us just in case of a potential matchup, but it is still an entirely different situation from what they normally have when they play us. The sterile NFL environment probably works in our favor, as well. 

Now the refs...that's the wildcard. 

23 hours ago, The Dude said:

These ticket prices are fucktarded

Thank the fuck Christ it's our last time ever playing at Jerry World. Fuck his ticket prices, his 55 dollar minimum parking over at the rangers parking lots, his "buy a 75 dollar permit online to park closer" bullshit and fuck the city of Arlington with their no public transportation! At least when we make the SEC title game in the future the Mercedes Benz Stadium is easier to get to(is literally in downtown ATL) and has better prices parking wise or we could walk to the stadium.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Longboard Horn said:

Thank the fuck Christ it's our last time ever playing at Jerry World. Fuck his ticket prices, his 55 dollar minimum parking over at the rangers parking lots, his "buy a 75 dollar permit online to park closer" bullshit and fuck the city of Arlington with their no public transportation! At least when we make the SEC title game in the future the Mercedes Benz Stadium is easier to get to(is literally in downtown ATL) and has better prices parking wise or we could walk to the stadium.

I doubt it’s the last time.

10 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

I hear you, but I'd say it's likely that the SEC championship game is going to at least occasionally rotate to Arlington.  And since I hope Texas is a regular participant in the SEC championship game, I have to accept we could be playing in Arlington again.