Pac 12 Championship - Oregon v Washington 7pm ABC

Sbbruin

The final football game for a once proud conference.  For matchups that are a repeat of games played earlier in the season, the teams that won the first matchup are 7-1 in the CCG.  I think that trend is bucked tonight.  Oregon is playing outstanding football right now, and UW hasn't won a game by double digits since September, except for a 10 pt win at SC.  Still should be a great game.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Are we 100 percent convinced that the winner of this game is in the playoffs? I know there's a 5,000 page thread on all of this, but trying to keep up with that nonsense is a beating. 

Yes.  Either Washington is undefeated, or Oregon becomes even more the darlings of the voters.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Are we 100 percent convinced that the winner of this game is in the playoffs? I know there's a 5,000 page thread on all of this, but trying to keep up with that nonsense is a beating. 

Washington - 100% yes. Oregon 90-95% yes depending on the outcome of other games.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Still better for us if Oregon wins. 

Untrue and it literally doesn't matter

2 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

Shut up

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2
  • Rage+1 1

i hate watching a game with no clear knowledge of who i want to win

i'm going with #captainchaos

losers: washington, oklahoma state, georgia, michigan, florida state

Alabama 12-1

Florida State 12-1

Georgia 12-1

Michigan 12-1

Ohio State 12-1

Oregon 12-1

Texas 12-1

If everybody loses EXCEPT TEXAS there are only THREE 1-loss Conference Champions so there is no way to fuck us in this scenario.

Eris is a Longhorn.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I know Oregon is probably marginally better for Texas in terms of CFP placement but I kind of just prefer UW. I like Seattle and Dubs is a cool mascot. And their uniforms aren’t as dumb.

This is kinda where I'm at though I guess I still want Oregon to win. Maybe last second FG in an ugly game. I wish the records were flipped and I could pull for UW though

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Fuck oregon. So tired of everyone blowing them like they’ve been beating everyone by 50. The had a miracle finish to beat tech tard nation. Hope Washington smokes their ass.

the only upside to Wash winning is we won't have to hear about Bo Nix's completion percentage as part of the metrics to put Oregon in.

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Fuck oregon. So tired of everyone blowing them like they’ve been beating everyone by 50. The had a miracle finish to beat tech tard nation. Hope Washington smokes their ass.

Yep.  The less there are of one loss teams the better. IMO 

• Pancho changed the title to Pac 12 Championship - Oregon v Washington 7pm ABC
3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If Oregon wins and fsu loses they will go ahead of us. They already are ahead of us. On what planet would anyone want Oregon to win? 

If Oregon wins they go in period, like in what world does the #6 team beating the #3 team mean they drop below the #7 team?

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Are you people dense, am I taking crazy pills? Oregon losing makes them a 2 loss non championship team, they would be eliminated from playoff convention. Oregon winning means they go to the playoffs and a 1 loss Washington team has an argument that they should go to.

It's nowhere near as clear cut as you think:

• UW winning as undefeated PAC champion is in.  UO losing is 2-loss and out, but UW in that CFP spot is unmovable.
  • UO wins they are 99% in as PAC champion and the committee love they've gotten.  UW with 1-loss is definitely out unless there is chaos elsewhere as non-conference champ.

That 1% on UO winning only becomes relevant if Alabama and Texas also win.

• Hook 'Em 1

Unless you want to pretend there is some reality dr strange saw where Iowa beats Michigan there is 1 spot open in the playoffs the rest are taken by the SEC champ, the Pac12 champ and Michigan. The only argument we have is FSU whether they lose or look bad enough winning to justify putting Texas ahead of them

• Hook 'Em 4

53 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i hate watching a game with no clear knowledge of who i want to win

i'm going with #captainchaos

losers: washington, oklahoma state, georgia, michigan, florida state

Alabama 12-1

Florida State 12-1

Georgia 12-1

Michigan 12-1

Ohio State 12-1

Oregon 12-1

Texas 12-1

If everybody loses EXCEPT TEXAS there are only THREE 1-loss Conference Champions so there is no way to fuck us in this scenario.

Eris is a Longhorn.

Ohio State is 11-1. They won't be playing tomorrow, so what they are is what they are until their bowl game. Can't see them sneaking into the picture with one less win than six other schools. 

The only relevant consideration here for Texas is potential playoff matchup.  This is the only P5 CCG game this weekend where the outcome doesn't measurably affect Texas playoff chances.  PAC 12 winner is 99% in.  That said, I'd rather Texas play Oregon rather than Washington in the playoffs for lots of reasons.  But my attitude for this game is "whatever".  

28 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If Oregon wins and fsu loses they will go ahead of us. They already are ahead of us. On what planet would anyone want Oregon to win? 

We would both go. The conference champions from the Big 10 (assuming Michigan wins obviously), SEC, Big 12, and Pac-Whatever would all go. 

We have a chance to get in over Oregon. We have a zero percent chance to go in over an undefeated Washington. So, we need to be rooting for Oregon.

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

We would both go. The conference champions from the Big 10 (assuming Michigan wins obviously), SEC, Big 12, and Pac-Whatever would all go. 

We have a chance to get in over Oregon. We have a zero percent chance to go in over an undefeated Washington. So, we need to be rooting for Oregon.

if oregon wins we are both 12-1. If they loose, they are 11-2. A Pac 12 team is making it to the playoffs either way. We want to make sure 2 pac12 don't make it.

Edited by ChickenNuggets
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Pretty sure better for Texas if Washington wins.  Two loss ducks are out...

How is Washington being guaranteed a spot good for us? Again, there is a slim chance we could get in over 12-1 Oregon. There is a zero percent chance we would get in over 13-0 Washington. Why on Earth would we not be pulling for Oregon?

• Hook 'Em 1