Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

shot

image.png.7f4113941384948535e397719339a174.png

chaser

image.thumb.png.3a855e17cae5c10af8c4597ceb97eeda.png

https://mashable.com/article/x-twitter-elon-musk-bots-fake-traffic

image.png.cc2a90911b1c852acbd27a680ef6b79a.png

image.png.728ff8d66c07e81e160d4dd08781ec3c.png

image.png

CHEQ monitors bots and fake users across the internet in order to minimize online ad fraud for its clients. Tytunovich's company accomplishes this by tracking how visitors from different sources, such as X, interact with a client's page after they click one of their links. The company can also tell when a bot is passing itself off as a real user, such as when a fraudulent user is faking what type of operating system they are using to view a website.

Most X users who are regularly on the platform can attest to a noticeable uptick in seemingly inauthentic activity in recent months. When a post goes viral on X, its now commonplace to find bots filling the replies with AI-generated responses or accounts with randomly generated usernames spamming a user's mentions with unsolicited "link-in-bio" promotions. Now, there's data which backs up that user experience.

Advertisers have also noticed X's bot issues. In a recently published piece in The Guardian, Gene Marks, a small business owner shared his ad campaign results from X. After a small $50 advertising spend, X's analytics shows that his website had received 350 clicks from approximately 29,000 views. However, according to Google Analytics, X wasn't the source of any of the actual traffic his website had received during that time period.

In our conversation with Tytunovich, he referenced an often cited stat that roughly half of all internet traffic is made up of bots, and how he's long been skeptical of that data based on what CHEQ itself sees.

"We were always the conservative ones," Tytunovich explained regarding CHEQ's approach to fake user data. "We protect a lot of our customers on Google Ads, YouTube, and even TikTok, which I'm not a fan of, and we've always said 50 percent [being fake] is a bit opportunistic."

"I almost decided not to go out [and publish the X bot data] because we've never seen anything like it," he said.
X has a bot problem unlike anything else seen on competing platforms

When X's Super Bowl traffic is compared to other social media platforms during the same time period, the bot issue on Musk's platform appears even more stark. CHEQ also provided data to Mashable pertaining to Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok. In terms of fake traffic, no other platform came close to X's nearly 76 percent.

Out of more than 40 million visits from TikTok, only 2.56 percent were determined to be fake. Facebook sent 8.1 million visits and 2.01 percent of the monitored visits were classified as inauthentic. And over on Instagram, only 0.73 percent of the 68,700 visits from the platform were fake.

Tytunovich tells Mashable that it's not out of the ordinary to see spikes in fake traffic on social media platforms during big events like U.S. elections. However, he has never seen anything close to X's 75.85 percent.

And, unfortunately for X, its bot problem goes beyond the big game too.

CHEQ also provided Mashable with fake traffic data from the entire month of January 2024. TikTok, Facebook, and Instagram all had very similar stats to each platform's respective Super Bowl weekend numbers. Slightly more than 2.8 percent of the 306 million visits sent from TikTok were determined to be fake. Out of the 90 million visits that came from Facebook, a bit more than 2 percent were fake. And Instagram's traffic was only 0.96 percent fake, based on 749,000 visits.

But, X once again fared the worst. Of the 759,000 visits from X, 31.82 percent of that traffic was determined to be fake.

Edited by Chopper
  • Haha 4

I just hope the money trail for all these X scam leads back to Elon. No doubt in my mind he is allowing if not encouraging bots to juice his numbers. 

The real interaction prevalent on Twitter is almost non-existent now on X. Blue check bots spam the replies on any viral tweet. 

Fuck Elon.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Taibbi is a massive douche as well, but more proof that Elon's "free speech" war cries are a bunch of bullshit. 

It's also funny that Taibbi in these texts admits he took it easy on Elon, most likely because of the Twitter Files info he was being fed. Pathetic all around. 

lots of parallels between Elon and Trump.  Both require absolute loyalty and will cut you loose when you violate that.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, royiv said:

I think Elon is taking birth control.

All the illegal drugs that motherfucker ingests and now he's worried about women taking birth control...So very odd that he's very concerned about the side effects of only one medication while at the same time hates reproductive rights, women's rights and wokeism.

Also I'm pretty sure he microdoses estradiol.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, MrBig said:

@theliamissan is going hard on Elon. He found his troll account and saw he used it to call into into Alex Jones with a masked voice.

Oh shit. Knowledge Fight covered that episode and debated whether that was actually Elon or just an imitator. Alex sure as shit acted like it was Elon, falling all over himself to kiss “Adrian’s” ass. It was as weird as you’d expect. Jones is such a pathetic worm.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Oh shit. Knowledge Fight covered that episode and debated whether that was actually Elon or just an imitator. Alex sure as shit acted like it was Elon, falling all over himself to kiss “Adrian’s” ass. It was as weird as you’d expect. Jones is such a pathetic worm.

Which episode was that one? 

I found a Project Camelot playlist on Spotify and I cannot get enough of those, I can listen over and over. 

14 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Which episode was that one? 

I found a Project Camelot playlist on Spotify and I cannot get enough of those, I can listen over and over. 

The newest KF episode, #799. It’s not particularly interesting. Jones was interviewing David Icke and Icke was talking shit about Elon so Elon called in pretending to be someone else to basically call Icke stupid.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Hormonal Birth Control saves lives. Women would be a lot more violent if we lacked the medical ability to regulate our cycles somewhat. Trust me on that one.

There is a movement afoot to de-cert birth control. It’s all about controlling women. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

On 2/16/2024 at 3:18 PM, Neonmoon said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0c726735819ee459eca5edde0801cc9e.jpeg

On 2/17/2024 at 12:52 PM, Chopper said:

All the illegal drugs that motherfucker ingests and now he's worried about women taking birth control...So very odd that he's very concerned about the side effects of only one medication while at the same time hates reproductive rights, women's rights and wokeism.

Also I'm pretty sure he microdoses estradiol.

Dude thinks women are placed here to be baby making machines. He doesn’t give a shit about their health or well being. 

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There is a movement afoot to de-cert birth control. It’s all about controlling women. 

image.jpeg.1ee1df12fd789cbc35df9001f2d11073.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

remember when Elon just closed a datacenter to save money and unplugged a lot of shit - just a reminder how dumb that was

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/11/elon-musk-moved-twitter-servers-himself-in-the-night-new-biography-details-his-maniacal-sense-of-urgency.html

X’s infrastructure engineers had tried to explain to him, in that head-explosion-emoji meeting a week earlier, why a quick shutdown of the Sacramento center would be a problem, but he shot them down. He had a good track record of knowing when to ignore naysayers. But not a perfect one.

For the next two months, X was destabilized. The lack of servers caused meltdowns, including when Musk hosted a Twitter Spaces for presidential candidate Ron DeSantis. “In retrospect, the whole Sacramento shutdown was a mistake,” Musk would admit in March 2023. “I was told we had redundancy across our data centers. What I wasn’t told was that we had 70,000 hard-coded references to Sacramento. And there’s still shit that’s broken because of it.

• Haha 7

I love how the oligarchs are worried about birth rates w/o actually promoting policies or cultural change that encourages affirmative child care/family support and health care; instead doubling down on punitive measures--anti birth control, etc that take away consumer/worker choice are their go to. So typical. No wonder Elmo looks like the last loaf at the day old bread store, same old stale ideas.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I love how the oligarchs are worried about birth rates w/o actually promoting policies or cultural change that encourages affirmative child care/family support and health care; instead doubling down on punitive measures--anti birth control, etc that take away consumer/worker choice are their go to. So typical. No wonder Elmo looks like the last loaf at the day old bread store, same old stale ideas.

A ruling class depends on another class to rule over.  Ergo, fuck away, peasants!

• Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’ve said it so many times, but him being an angst-ridden teenaged 1990s BBS SysOp is only reinforced by having fake accounts that post good things about him.

Holy shit. Afterhours... BBS, based in Austin Texas. 

Angry gay owner with serious drug problems and angsty control issues. 

Wow... that's the best comparison I've ever seen. It's insanely accurate regarding Elon. 

• Haha 4