Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

On 6/29/2023 at 3:37 PM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Oh yeah... I'm in, looks good

I just watched this. Show was great. 

one spoiler comment 

Spoiler

The WTF moment when the old contestant casually admits he became a human smuggler for 12 years. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I just watched this. Show was great. 

one spoiler comment 

Hide contents

The WTF moment when the old contestant casually admits he became a human smuggler for 12 years. 

Great doc. This is what the 30 for 30 should have been. Instead, ESPN's doc  is now a companion piece to Netflix's definitive documentary. 

Yeah, it felt like Netflix buried the lede with the old contestant. That needs an episode by itself.

One other thing, Ice is smoking hot these days. I dare say she's better looking than she was in the '90s. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just wrapped up Firefly Lane….

Really enjoyed the entire series. Chick flick Hallmark vibe? Maybe. Whatever.

I’m at a stage in life where losing friends and contemporaries is happening and will continue to happen for the rest of my life.

This was a very well done show. Almost like a John Hughes movie drawn out over multiple seasons.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

One other thing, Ice is smoking hot these days. I dare say she's better looking than she was in the '90s. 

Yeah, and very disappointing to find out that she likes the ladies, now knowing that my looks and charm wouldn’t be enough should we happen to meet. 

My four year old found out what Octonaughts was this week, so my house has been filled with non-stop animal rescues and creature reports songs. Those little fuckers get into some shit but have some pretty annoying accents after awhile. Fuck you Netflix and your 18 spin-off shows. 

2 hours ago, bernorange said:

Anyone watching season 3 of the Witcher yet?  Thoughts?  I plan to watch after I get through a queue of other shows.

Watched it, just getting back into the story and they stopped it. Part 2 is in 3 weeks. Might want to wait until it’s all available if you want to binge. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Scraps said:
11 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:
Binged S2 of Is It Cake? With the granddaughters. I don’t know why I like this show.

It sure ain't because of the host

I tried but I can’t get over how people that are supposed to be the best at making realistic cakes are so amazed when they see a realistic cake. 

• Like 1

In an interesting move, several HBO shows are coming to Netflix. These include Insecure, Six Feet Under, Ballers, Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Insecure is already available. And if you haven’t watched Six Feet Under, I urge you to do so. It’s really good. 

On 7/3/2023 at 6:14 PM, Frank The Tank said:

My four year old found out what Octonaughts was this week, so my house has been filled with non-stop animal rescues and creature reports songs. Those little fuckers get into some shit but have some pretty annoying accents after awhile. Fuck you Netflix and your 18 spin-off shows. 

Count yourself lucky, because they could be into Blippi or Cocomelon.

I'd advise on you heading to the nearest Walmart and picking up some Octonaut toys, they'll be very happy.

If you have Prime, introduce him to Tumble Leaf, they'll love it.  And the "If you give a mouse a cookie" series.

On 7/5/2023 at 1:11 AM, Texzilla58 said:

Six Feet Under is vastly underrated against other great HBO shows. I think it’s one of the best.

And to think Michael C Hall went on to top his role in Six Feet Under with Dexter.   What an amazing roll he was on for about a decade.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/15/2020 at 10:19 PM, MillerEP said:

Quick and entertaining watch: 100 Humans.

Girlfriend and I were laughing up a storm. Fun and somewhat educational. I think it would’ve been great to be one of the 100.

Watched this over the last few days.  i found it oscillating between interesting and infuriating.  A lot of their experiments were deeply flawed (if not outright designed to manipulate the results [like the matchmaking one]) and/or did not support conclusions that they were representing. 

On 7/5/2023 at 1:11 AM, Texzilla58 said:

Six Feet Under is vastly underrated against other great HBO shows. I think it’s one of the best.

I don't know how underrated it is. Seems like, justifiably, it's considered one of HBO's best shows.

So good in so many respects. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

“Quarterback” drops today. Drive to survive type doc about Mahomes, Cousins, and Mariota. Pretty great choices by covering a giant star, an aging vet, and a guy just trying to make it. 

i dont know if i would call marcus mariota that old

• Haha 1

Watched Aftershock: Everest and the Nepal Earthquake last night. 3 part doc with tons of GoPro footage and first person accounts of the 2015 Nepal earthquake that trapped a bunch of people on Everest and a nearby valley. I came away thinking big mountain "client" climbers are some of the biggest douchebags on the planet. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

“Quarterback” drops today. Drive to survive type doc about Mahomes, Cousins, and Mariota. Pretty great choices by covering a giant star, an aging vet, and a guy just trying to make it. 

Mahomes' voice is beyond annoying.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

great action and combat scenes in this south korean movie that was in my suggestions. 

I know nothing about south korean films and series, but everything I've seen on netflix have been very entertaining to excellent.

watched the norwegian ww2 movie "narvik" this afternoon, it was pretty decent.