Greatest movie scenes ever

ztejas

1 hour ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

i get this one, but i think by then i'd read the story at least five times so it didn't have quite as big an impact as it would have otherwise. i mean that was pretty much peak King.

which reminds me...i wish someone really good would take another shot at Apt Pupil...i didn't hate it bc the acting saved it, but it didn't have the same kind of impact as Shawshank and Stand By Me. /endderail

• Hook 'Em 1

Best line of the movie is prior to this scene, when challenged that this act might be too big of a risk with such a chance at failure, Master Chief Sunday replies, "He ain't gonna fail..."

This is the payoff.

1 hour ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I could post a million PSH clips, but here is a great one from a movie that otherwise isn’t very good 

Not very good?  Ok then

And I use the concept of this great interaction often....the plane sound effect alluding to 9/11 is a touch of audio genius

Also young Emily Blunt looking pretty yummy.  Not a best scene but I like it...for reasons

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

15 hours ago, slorch said:

Best line of the movie is prior to this scene, when challenged that this act might be too big of a risk with such a chance at failure, Master Chief Sunday replies, "He ain't gonna fail..."

This is the payoff.

good movie, always liked the scuba assembly scene. 

23 hours ago, YGIFS said:

This.  The few veterans I know/knew said that was by far the most accurate portrayal of the Normandy invasion.  Frank Denius once told us, "It was 100%, spot-on in terms of sight and sound.  Except for the smell and I don't ever want to know that smell again so that's okay with me."  

Funny you mention this, an old supervisor of mine took his old man to see this at the theater when it came out. He had stormed the Omaha beach. He had tears coming down his face when that scene was played and he told his son, I smell dead bodies. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smwhorn said:

True Romance scene between Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper.

the beauty of that scene is that it was wholly unnecessary but so elegantly unfolded.  It was a commentary by Tarantino on in the ineptitude of the Italian Mafia.  Obviously he wanted to write that brilliant exchange between two actors (though he would not know who'd be cast when he sold off the script to fund another venture).  They had hours to search a trailer the size of a closet for clues as to Clarence's whereabouts.  and they missed the glaring note on the refrigerator that they only find once they fired multiple rounds in broad daylight where the same neighbors could hear.  It's perhaps the most brilliant subtlety of Tarantino in all his movies.  He gets to show what dipshits they are, the dialogue is forever gold, and sets the wheels in motion for the brilliant third act.  It has layers to it that I still unpack to this day.  And my god, Hopper accelerating his fate so as not to give away their location even though he knows it's right behind them and keeps his calm and taunts them........................it is just gorgeous.  The fate of Clarence and Alabama is given away earlier in the film when Slater convinces his father that he is very resourceful but needs his help.  Hopper's character knows these Wops are stupid but not that stupid, they'll find the note.  But he takes solace in that Clarence is just smart and resourceful enough that he'll stay one step ahead of them.  It is poetry in motion, as they say...

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Yep.

16 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

The educational part starts about 2:45, this reminds of my dad so much.

Also... yep. One of the best monologues ever. Textbook acting. 

• Hook 'Em 1