immamac has permabanmed me against bob’s wishes. read this thread before it disappears.

26 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Agree or disagree this is immamacs site and I’ve seen Derka state he would put Motown in his suicide note.  How is this ok?

agree that Derka has a fuck ton of basketball insight but his hard on for Rodney is a distraction 

Why were you checking out his hard on? 

On 4/5/2024 at 2:20 PM, Chewbacca said:

Nah, I think if mods get involved (as he did with blacklab), that's the best way to go about this.  Never thought I'd say it, but Derka was trying to go about this in the right way and imma shit all over him.

By getting a poster permabanned?  Ignore feature is your friend.  If your psyche is so weak to where you can’t just scroll past their post then maybe you shouldn’t be on a message board?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

By getting a poster permabanned?  Ignore feature is your friend.  If your psyche is so weak to where you can’t just scroll past their post then maybe you shouldn’t be on a message board?

Hell, I frequently scroll past long posts because I am too lazy to read.

aint nobody got time for that GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

This is our concern dude.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/5/2024 at 9:30 PM, F250 said:

I'm not arguing nor claiming superiority.

Just stating it's easier to scroll past a post than read it.

To get this back on topic. Derka will derail an entire thread for multiple days. I don't engage him. I just stay out of the thread for a few days until he moves on. The only issue is he does it in the Movies and TV sub and will do it right after a new episode comes out which derails the discussion right after viewing.

He will also tag you if you choose to ignore his posts and will go back and beg random posts.  But yes everyone else in the problem

On 4/6/2024 at 7:34 AM, troph said:

I’ve explained to Derka he needs to bide his time, ignore mo and accept imma’s approach. It took damn well near 7-8 years to convince this place that tranny and other similar slurs are offensive and should be off limits and I fucking left right before they made that decision. Johnny Sack’s and immortal13, immaculate vibes and a bunch of other trolls view points were held in more esteem than mine - for years. Let that sink in for a hot minute.

The gay mafia here spent at least as long getting the term faggot on the bannable list of slurs.

mental health challenges is even harder because the self-sabotage. At least I was able to weather the storm, advocate for myself and be patient. Change takes time.

But repeatedly insulting and railing on the owner won’t help. And in fact it will get you banned. But to acknowledge Derka’s considerable short comings without acknowledging grown men with no mental health excuse engage him and gas light him - because we are surly assholes - is disingenuous. 

Ironic as Derka had a long ass thread about being able to call people “retards.”

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

tumblr_lppgg8b5Vm1qcyjm3o1_500.gif.d8726c33dd110d216661bfc135d16c46.gif

Naw, see, that was the short book.

For YGIFS you need "When Mr. Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first birthday with a party of special magnificence, there was much talk and excitement in Hobbiton."

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

now that he’s gone, for now, can we call Chris beard “tourney dynamo” again?

No.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

This place is wild, haha. First, I always thought Shadow Operative 2.0 was also Derka, but I guess not? I also remember a poster named Lurka Lurka, so he is certainly a surly celebrity. I obviously don't follow UT basketball threads here, although I did spend some time in the Chris Beard thread since it was national news, but I've been here long enough to have seen the "Derka Effect," for lack of a better term, more than a few times. The pattern used to be Derka has a strong opinion, someone disagrees, Derka comes back hard and won't let it go, and everything goes to shit. At some point the pattern became so well established that it was accelerated to Derka has strong opinion, disagreeing opinion is super aggressive knowing where the conversation would lead, and it goes to shit right off the bat. I got super annoyed in the TV and Movies board when he decided he no longer liked a show and shit on anyone's opinion if they still liked it, but it was easy enough to ignore.

Ultimately, if the site's owners and moderators (who I assume don't make much, if anything, off this place) have to spend an inordinate amount of time offline dealing with the issue (including with his mom apparently?), they are more than justified in making it go away, especially when the poster refuses a simple request to ignore those who accelerated the pattern of aggressive disagreeing opinions. I do specifically recall a post of his somewhere implying that he'd off himself and would blame another poster, that alone in my mind would justify the owner's decision, regardless of what the other poster had said.

I also have some experience dealing with people and mental illness and the mantra has always been to be empathetic, but don't enable them to use it as an excuse to treat others the way they don't want to be treated. That sort of rings a bell here. All that said, it sounds like he was a major contributor to UT basketball threads which I don't follow so I guess that's where his support comes from, because in the areas I've observed it, the contributions have rarely justified the nonsense. Just a humble opinion because I saw this thread bumping constantly and decided to click and was bored. I'm mostly here for the lolz anyway.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 7

14 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Ironic as Derka had a long ass thread about being able to call people “retards.”

"...mental health excuse".  

I take issue with that.   Mental health issues are not an excuse for being an asshole. 

• Hook 'Em 3

23 hours ago, royiv said:

I guess when you’re born on third base with bases loaded and Yordan Alvarez at the plate with no balls, no strikes and no outs you can have that perspective about “many” problems.

Walk him and pitch to Abreu.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

I personally think that this is all a silly ruse and that Blacklab, Derka and Immamac are all being controlled by Hitbytrain to drum up a bunch of drama to troll everyone. In a few days they will announce Derka's unbanned and everything will be back to normal. Just wait for it....

• Haha 2

On 4/17/2024 at 3:39 PM, Chips O'Toole said:

Wow, how did i miss this, shit is wild.  

I'm putting myself on ignore and calling my mom.

Call back in 2-3 minutes, she’s got a dick in her mouth right now…

Man, I missed a lot in my few weeks away from the board.  Although I go back many years as a poster on Hornfans I’m not on enough to know the players other than those who post a ton and those who make asses of themselves.  
- sorry to hear about Loree.  I guess I missed that too. 
- I don’t know who the fuck Motown is.  Maybe he’s Ok, maybe he’s a troll.

- I will miss shadow op.  I didn’t know there were mental health issues.  Thought he was just a guy who LOVED being here and had strong opinions.  Might not agree with his reasoning but he contributed a lot to discussion and I didn’t see him as malignant as some posters who just drop in to stir the pot and lob grenades into discussions.  

I did see him as someone who was bullied a bit.  There were posters who just responded in a shitty manner to his posts no matter how benign they might have been.  

9 hours ago, 'stache said:

This place is wild, haha. First, I always thought Shadow Operative 2.0 was also Derka, but I guess not? I also remember a poster named Lurka Lurka, so he is certainly a surly celebrity. I obviously don't follow UT basketball threads here, although I did spend some time in the Chris Beard thread since it was national news, but I've been here long enough to have seen the "Derka Effect," for lack of a better term, more than a few times. The pattern used to be Derka has a strong opinion, someone disagrees, Derka comes back hard and won't let it go, and everything goes to shit. At some point the pattern became so well established that it was accelerated to Derka has strong opinion, disagreeing opinion is super aggressive knowing where the conversation would lead, and it goes to shit right off the bat. I got super annoyed in the TV and Movies board when he decided he no longer liked a show and shit on anyone's opinion if they still liked it, but it was easy enough to ignore.

Ultimately, if the site's owners and moderators (who I assume don't make much, if anything, off this place) have to spend an inordinate amount of time offline dealing with the issue (including with his mom apparently?), they are more than justified in making it go away, especially when the poster refuses a simple request to ignore those who accelerated the pattern of aggressive disagreeing opinions. I do specifically recall a post of his somewhere implying that he'd off himself and would blame another poster, that alone in my mind would justify the owner's decision, regardless of what the other poster had said.

I also have some experience dealing with people and mental illness and the mantra has always been to be empathetic, but don't enable them to use it as an excuse to treat others the way they don't want to be treated. That sort of rings a bell here. All that said, it sounds like he was a major contributor to UT basketball threads which I don't follow so I guess that's where his support comes from, because in the areas I've observed it, the contributions have rarely justified the nonsense. Just a humble opinion because I saw this thread bumping constantly and decided to click and was bored. I'm mostly here for the lolz anyway.

TLDR but I still can’t can’t believe people think 2.0 is derka

• Haha 4

I always want to see this site thriving. The content, the interaction among all ages, the rawness, the effort from so many posters, it’s truly a special place that hasn’t suffered from enshitification, like the rest of the internet.

It actually bothers me when I see posters who’ve gone. As much as Derka sometimes drove me crazy, it would be better for the site if the folks in charge would reconsider. But then, I don’t know the whole story. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Well, let me tell you the whole story.  He's been a pain in the fucking ass for the owners and mods of these sites for at least 20 years.  Some posters may miss him, some will not.  Either way, you cannot blame board management for getting Derka fatigue.  

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I personally think that this is all a silly ruse and that Blacklab, Derka and Immamac are all being controlled by Hitbytrain to drum up a bunch of drama to troll everyone. In a few days they will announce Derka's unbanned and everything will be back to normal. Just wait for it....

image.gif.1b9a7ab796be04198487b0e8028bebee.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

TLDR but I still can’t can’t believe people think 2.0 is derka

Posting styles are quite different indeed. 2.0 once bitched about people mixing them up. I said hey maybe um change your handle? I'm sure there's a backstory there that I missed. That is one angry dude.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Just saw this thread. 

From a site business perspective, I would guess that derka still drives plenty of views and activity when he has something to say. Conversely, MotownHorn is a bandwidth draining troll that has never added a single positive contribution to any thread on this site. His handle is even a troll. 

I know derka has his issues, and he cannot control his behavior at times which merits time off. But he has interesting things to say. He provides a fun amount of chaos because many simply can't handle his management of his position coupled with Hyperbolic Personality Disorder-driven rants about himself in relation to perceived affronts. Inside of all of that are usually good points for consideration around whatever the subject matter is.

If you took the 5-6 posters who ride his ass all over this board and permabanned them, no one would even notice. Permabanning derka, however, does diminish the value of the content on this site in some form. 

MotownHorn being the one neg rep for this post is so hilarious and on point.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

12 hours ago, 'stache said:

this is actually a really great summary.   He wouldn’t let you ignore him in the other threads even after we acknowledged his point.   Like in the dragons thread, everyone was either saying “ok shoes not perfect we know you don’t like it but can we just discuss” and Derka just goes aggro.  

also calling out the owner of the site is not the best idea. In doing so he justifies the perma ban imo 

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

It actually bothers me when I see posters who’ve gone. As much as Derka sometimes drove me crazy, it would be better for the site if the folks in charge would reconsider

Jake Gyllenhaal No GIF

Posted (edited)

Derka was a cancer. I don't know why people stood up for him so much. His postings were a beating. I put him on ignore and all but two or three posts a page would show up because he was incapable of gathering his thoughts and getting them into a single post. Add that to the "everyone is out to get me" bullshit and we are better off without him. Go get some profesional help, Derka. Your mom and Bob shouldn't have to carry that load. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 3

3 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Posting styles are quite different indeed. 2.0 once bitched about people mixing them up. I said hey maybe um change your handle? I'm sure there's a backstory there that I missed. That is one angry dude.

i engineered the whole thing. it came from a joke and shadow op is still tied to my gmail from derka’s initial banning.

2.0 couldn’t load up anything original i guess. 

• Haha 1

I didn't really know that Shadow Op 2.0 was not Derka until last year, and I kinda always thought Derka deserved his bad rap because that guy is a joyless asshole. You know, the kind of person that would criticize a blowjob. I felt bad when I learned it wasn't an alt account, and that I thought Derka was a horrible person based on that guy's posts.  Anyway, I think Immamac should reconsider his position, and ban 2.0 instead of the real Derka, that way everybody wins. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5