How Is That Chain Still Open?

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Hell, out in Cypress, in the 80s this was one of the only options. Especially for a young family with 3 kids (I was one of those kids). The two pizzas came in a cardboard and paper sleeve.

One time my brother went to go pick up pizzapizza.  When we opened the sleeve thing, we only saw 1 pizza!  Well, he had taken a turn too fast, and one pizza slid on top of the other pizza.  We just ate it like that.  You can't separate stacked pizzas.

27 minutes ago, miguelito said:

One time my brother went to go pick up pizzapizza.  When we opened the sleeve thing, we only saw 1 pizza!  Well, he had taken a turn too fast, and one pizza slid on top of the other pizza.  We just ate it like that.  You can't separate stacked pizzas.

I Didn’t know they stacked shit that high.gif

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

There was one outside of Camp Lejeune, NC and growing up we’d pick up pizza from there once a month. I remember it as pretty damn good but haven’t had Little Caesar’s in almost two decades.

We still pick a couple of Hot 'n Ready pies on the rare occasion when we have no desire to cook anything, and we are passing by on the way home. Kids like it, it's cheap, and it is passably good enough. I enjoy the pepperoni most.

No, not the best thing you'll ever eat, but far better than a lot of stuff I've paid more for.

37 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Must not have ever been forced to eat at Cici’s

Grew up poor in Leander. Have had Cicis many times. Will never step foot in one again.....but it still ate. Because pizza.

Edited by Hank_Hill

Preach, brother. My wife is from SE Texas and swears by Casa Ole. That place is shit.

I used to work with a Mexican guy that grew up in Pasadena. He loved Casa Olé. I used to make fun of him for it. I didn’t realize until later that the original restaurant was in Pasadena. Maybe that one back in the day was good? Maybe. But they suck ass now.

And at a previous job, the nearest food establishment was a Little Caesar's, and I would devour that shit about once a month when I didn't have much time for lunch.  Yes, it's terrible, substandard ingredients and all that, but the $5 lunch deal has a certain appeal.

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

And at a previous job, the nearest food establishment was a Little Caesar's, and I would devour that shit about once a month when I didn't have much time for lunch.  Yes, it's terrible, substandard ingredients and all that, but the $5 lunch deal has a certain appeal.

last time I had it was when they gave away it for UMBC beating Virginia. My arteries are still unclogging, I dont want to know the calories in their 5$ deep dish pizza

^ No one is surprised. 

Ex-BIL is part owner of a few Cicis in the Virginia area with his Dad and Brother, found this out one night while badmouthing the place.  I will say the one in Capital Plaza was pretty solid, between them and Amaya's, always lines for them both. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I am fully expecting the same kind of push back as with Chili’s, but I can not comprehend how Casa Ole is still open.

We have two Casa Ole's in town. One has really good salsas and the cook obviously takes time to roast the peppers and stuff. The other just has mediocre salsas. Plus their pork burrito is a pretty decent cheap meal for when you don't feel like cooking and don't want to spend a ton. The rest of their menu isn't anything to write home about.

15 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Is it all the same? Obviously not. But its still fucking pizza and I have yet to try any that made me say "Hey, I'd rather not be eating this."

Next time you’re in St Louis try Imo’s and get back with me. My wife loves it. I grab something at the hotel bar or ball game the nights she wants Imo’s.

I feel like Little Caesar's was better back in the day when you called in and actually ordered what you wanted along with Crazy Bread. Once they switched to the Hot-n-Ready model, it was all downhill. That doesn't mean I didn't regularly partake during my college years. We did find a roach cooked into the cheese once though. So there's that.

On 8/5/2018 at 6:28 PM, Underdog said:

Grew up with a Hut just down the street from my house, wife recently ordered  one from PH last week, just had that craving I guess.  I miss Godfather's, hit up the one on Wm. Cannon/Manchaca during my Church's days a lot, they had Donkey Kong also. 

Godfather's used to have an awesome Taco Pizza.  I know it's a strange thing to stand out, but it was solid.

2 hours ago, Okie State said:

I feel like Little Caesar's was better back in the day when you called in and actually ordered what you wanted along with Crazy Bread. Once they switched to the Hot-n-Ready model, it was all downhill. That doesn't mean I didn't regularly partake during my college years. We did find a roach cooked into the cheese once though. So there's that.

They are not lacking for business.  From 11-1 every yard crew in the area is camped out under the trees in the parking lot.  From 5-7 its nothing but dads whose wife called them on the way home and asked them to pick up dinner.  Very busy.  Add in the fact that the only 2 employees are complete stoners (I’m 90% sure they were dealing) making minimum wage and it seems like a viable business model.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Need to find that audio of Lima describing one of his female companions in his minor league days -- she was "two fifty...plus tax."  The man was a legend.

Lima was greatness......those late 90's Astro teams were fun with him on it. Always believed great teams need to have a Lima on them to keep the mood light

I agree. Sucks but sometimes I think the crazy bread could use another 5 minutes in the oven but then who wants to wait all of that time in the drive thru when all you want is a hot and ready shitty pizza?

I'm sure that roach had the same nutritional value as the toppings they use.

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Sadness is eating at the Cicis in Lake Jackson on a Friday night before a fishing trip....and seeing couples there...on a date.

White Castle has a Valentine's Day promos for this. They serve their soda in a plastic flute to make it fancy.

20 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
3 hours ago, Okie State said:

I'm sure that roach had the same nutritional value as the toppings they use.

Just call it "land shrimp" and drive on.