New concessions pricing at DKR

Machinator

It's nice that prices are being lowered, but then you realize you're still paying $3 for 20 ounces of tap water in a plastic bottle. $4 for a drink that costs $1.89 at the convenience store.
$5 for a liter of filtered tap water..

Everything else on there is relatively cheap compared to many venues, students not born with a silver spoon jammed up their ass should be pleased.

I applaud that move. Concession pricing always get me worked up , except for charging more that $1 for a bottle of water which makes me very very angry.
Especially when you are in a venue where the temperature is >90°; they buy in bulk and it costs them a dime or less.

Rant over - good move, people will buy more if pricing isn't excessive

29 minutes ago, ousux said:

$5 for a liter of filtered tap water..

Everything else on there is relatively cheap compared to many venues, students not born with a silver spoon jammed up their ass should be pleased.

a liter of water from even a fairly cold fridge will stay at a drinkable temperature for 5 minutes until maybe some of the october games 

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

It's nice that prices are being lowered, but then you realize you're still paying $3 for 20 ounces of tap water in a plastic bottle. $4 for a drink that costs $1.89 at the convenience store.

I think people realize they are paying inflated prices when they go to these events or amusements parks or wherever. But at least they are actually taking a step in the right direction and going to other way on their prices. Not increasing them. The Falcons did the same thing.

Overhead at the stadium and convenience store are very similar, so I see your arguement.

27 minutes ago, markstanco said:
7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Overhead at the stadium and convenience store are very similar, so I see your arguement.

This was a terrible post for multiple reasons, but ERhine already touched on two of them. Good work.

7 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Props to CDC for dropping the prices, can't recall the last time I've seen that happen at a sports arena.

Falcons did it with great success in the 2017 NFL season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22212592/atlanta-falcons-drop-prices-make-more-money-mercedes-benz-stadium-concessions

CDC clearly pays attention

• Like 1

I’m not sure why this is a good thing unless they are adding additional concession stands to accommodate the even longer lines that will form as a result. I’d rather pay $2 more to shave off 20 minutes of waiting while a game I paid $75 for against a shitty opponent was being played.

21 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

I’m not sure why this is a good thing unless they are adding additional concession stands to accommodate the even longer lines that will form as a result. I’d rather pay $2 more to shave off 20 minutes of waiting while a game I paid $75 for against a shitty opponent was being played.

Then stop being a cheap fuck and sit in a box.

Edited by pacman

10 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

If you make all concession prices $1, $2, $3, etc., the lines will move faster.

10 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This was a terrible post for multiple reasons, but ERhine already touched on two of them. Good work.

Yes it was a terrible post, why you would compare a convenience store to an arena is amazing. You should instead compare to other similar venues.