The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 1/19/2023 at 3:02 PM, Walser said:

Haha I got the best opportunity to use that line. I picked up a dog that had just gotten hit by a car and was obviously a stray. The injuries were severe but she made it.

Now, it turned out she had been chipped. But they only info they could get was the name of the dog and a phone number. The vet was not eager for me to contact the wildly negligent owner but I felt I had to. I wanted to tell them they were not getting the dog back.

Anywho, turns out her name was "Bella". The vet techs told me that I needed to give her a new name for her new life. So I said "Why should I change her name? They're the ones that suck." I'd always liked that name for a dog. /csb

I had a dog named "Bella". She died at home, so this his close to home, I suppose.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Fair question.  However, to be fair to this legislation…14 year olds can’t be exposed to wokeism, trans agendas, CRT, or drag brunches because if they’re a half mile below the earth getting black lung. 

Or if they are married, they can't be exposed to that stuff if their husbands home-school them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I haven't been following this closely other than reading it went to committee last week, but seems like a not great idea w/respect to child labor safety. Iowa House & Senate both have GOP majorities.

how can a company not have civil liability 

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering.  Wouldn't it also conflict/fly in the face of their own insurance/workman's comp?  Is this some kinda bizarre extension/modification of qualified immunity if granted by the government?  I dunno.  We got some worker's litigation experts on here, what say you?  

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

how can a company not have civil liability 

"Well, you see, corporations are people and have the same rights as people. So, they can make political contributions just like a person and they have no civil liability for their torts just like a person.....umm...wait. Yeah, I am not sure how this tracks."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Trump is an asshole, bad for the environment, bad for the people. As soon as he got into office he set about trying to undo anything Obama did. He must have set some sort of record for siding with corporate interests over the health, safety, and welfare of the people. He made it his mission to appoint department secretaries who were opposed to the missions of the offices in their charge. If there had been a Henhouse Department he would’ve appointed a fox to run it.

But an article was posted that said the train that derailed in Ohio did not meet the “HHFUT” definition described and wouldn’t have been equipped with those brakes even under the Obama rules. That was apparently due to the Obama administration yielding to pressure from industry lobbyists. There may well be more to the story than that. I don’t know. But for all of the obstruction Obama faced trying to get anything done, he got a lot done. It was pretty much always better than nothing but in a lot of cases it would have been nice if he could’ve done more. And now apparently Pete Buttigieg is expected to have not only reinstated the Obama era rules but expanded on them just 2 years into his tenure. All while the main thing on his plate is this massive infrastructure project.

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

https://www.bradfordfuneralhome.net/guestbook/teddy-von-nukem

Not the kids fault who their father was, so no need for them to read what we all really thought of their father.  

But I'm betting dollars to donuts he was murdered for trying to plead out his drug trafficking charge.  Hopefully his wife knows better than to go sniffing around about his untimely death as a healthy 35 year old.  She has five children to think about.    I'm guessing he was given a choice, and if he chose wisely, his large and young family would be spared and allowed re-entry back into the United States.  

56 minutes ago, GenXer said:

Suicide or did the cartel off him?

Suicide.  He was about to go on trial for... <wait for it>... fentanyl smuggling.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/charlottesville-tiki-torcher-teddy-joseph-von-nukem-killed-himself-before-trial

At the rally, Neo-Nazis raged against minorities and immigrants—whom racists accuse of harming the country. That made it all the more ironic that Von Nukem was arrested on March 17, 2021 while entering the United States from Mexico. On his way into Arizona, Customs and Border Patrol agents discovered 15 kilograms of fentanyl pills hidden behind the seats and floor compartment of his 2019 Nissan Pathfinder.

According to law enforcement records, Von Nukem quickly admitted that he had been paid 4,000 Mexican pesos (around $215) to smuggle the pills into the country.

He was released pending trial and was scheduled to travel back to Tucson to appear in federal court last month. But on Jan. 30, Von Nukem was a no-show.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Haha 2

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

City names a street after a civil rights icon that actually engaged in civil rights actions along that street.

State lawmakers, who are Republicans, you know, the party of small government, want to force that city to rename the street after a Republican who had...no ties to said street or city.

Say what you want, but at least they don't hide their racism anymore.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2