The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 7/19/2023 at 4:09 PM, pacman said:

Disinformation target group 1

Many years ago, I used to post on a high school football site and there were users that would in all serious post messages from Fw.Fw.Fw.Fw.Fw.Fw.Fw. YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT TO DO NOW and stuff off of Newsmax and WorldNetDaily.

The younger posters would clown on the people who kept falling for this stuff nonstop and as a twenty-something I’d just think that it was good this shit was basically channeled into nothing more nefarious than supporting the GWB-era GOP.

We now have slick media empires where you never have to consume anything but the smoothest email-forward gruel, and it’s packaged and targeted at a group of people (white people approaching or past retirement) with a disproportionate share of our nation’s wealth, political energy, and spare time. 

We’re screwed for a while at least. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

Yeah, it's gonna take 20 years to wash this stain out, but we'll get there.  If you're over 65/70 though, think real hard about doing crimes leading up to and in the aftermath of the 2024 & 2028 elections.  If being a hate-filled, cardiac case, morbidly obese fear-monger doesn't get you.......confinement will.  Whether prison or house arrest, a huge but silent killer of older Americans is immobility.  Whether it's a broken hip or skilled care at home, once your ability to move freely outside the home is compromised, your body begins to shut down and your mind quickly follows it.  You might get to flex your political might, but the dark shroud of loneliness and stagnancy will come for you and your cadre.  It always does.  

And every time FoxNews and OAN and Trump tell you about what a hellscape America has become under the Democrats, and will continue to be after 2024 under the Democrats...........that the streets are filled with violence and ANTIFA and disrespect for your beloved institutions........you remember the only safe place to be during the national nightmare is inside your home.  Stay inside.  Watch TV.  Sleep.  Don't go outside.  Sleep.  Obey.  Have your food delivered.  Continue to vote by mail.  Stay home.  Sleep.  We'll do a house to house sweep in a few years to make sure you're okay, and possibly burn the bodies we find.  I mean, we'll bring you your mail.  Sleep.  It's too dangerous out there.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, it's gonna take 20 years to wash this stain out, but we'll get there.  If you're over 65/70 though, think real hard about doing crimes leading up to and in the aftermath of the 2024 & 2028 elections.  If being a hate-filled, cardiac case, morbidly obese fear-monger doesn't get you.......confinement will.  Whether prison or house arrest, a huge but silent killer of older Americans is immobility.  Whether it's a broken hip or skilled care at home, once your ability to move freely outside the home is compromised, your body begins to shut down and your mind quickly follows it.  You might get to flex your political might, but the dark shroud of loneliness and stagnancy will come for you and your cadre.  It always does.  

And every time FoxNews and OAN and Trump tell you about what a hellscape America has become under the Democrats, and will continue to be after 2024 under the Democrats...........that the streets are filled with violence and ANTIFA and disrespect for your beloved institutions........you remember the only safe place to be during the national nightmare is inside your home.  Stay inside.  Watch TV.  Sleep.  Don't go outside.  Sleep.  Obey.  Have your food delivered.  Continue to vote by mail.  Stay home.  Sleep.  We'll do a house to house sweep in a few years to make sure you're okay, and possibly burn the bodies we find.  I mean, we'll bring you your mail.  Sleep.  It's too dangerous out there.  

hqdefault.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/19/2023 at 9:54 AM, Felix said:

The kind where when it came time to call a new pastor after the old one retired, so called "christians" went on a terror campaign to harass and shame other members of the congregation to get the one they wanted.  People I had known for my whole life, including family, went to any lengths they could, including late night threatening phone calls, hateful letters, and outright back stabbing of folks they had spent generations with to get a "conservative" pastor who would hate as much as them. 

I left a church my great grandparents had built and never looked back. I was in my late twenties at the time and was the chairman of the stewardship board.  I knew who gave what and was privy to most of the inside information of the church and it sickened me.  I was too young to do what I should have done, so I just left one day and when they called me I told them I couldn't do it any more and I haven't been a member of a church since then.  Fuck them.

I eschew (and frequently want to condemn) congregational churches for this reason.  I was baffled the first time I heard of "calling a pastor."

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I am baffled now.  Explain.

Many evangelical churches believe that God chooses the Pastor.  In the LCMS pastors and educators in schools are hired through a call process.  The congregation notifies the Synod and the Synod gives them a list of pastors, teachers, principles, whatever that are "open to a call" and usually narrows down the list based on some mystical criteria.  The congregation then determines through it's own process whom they want to issue a call to.  That person then prays on it and if it's a better congregation than the one they got or the pay is better or it's in a better city or, just possibly, they actually have a calling for ministry decides to take it or not.  If the first person doesn't heed the call then they move on to the next.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Felix said:

Many evangelical churches believe that God chooses the Pastor.  In the LCMS pastors and educators in schools are hired through a call process.  The congregation notifies the Synod and the Synod gives them a list of pastors, teachers, principles, whatever that are "open to a call" and usually narrows down the list based on some mystical criteria.  The congregation then determines through it's own process whom they want to issue a call to.  That person then prays on it and if it's a better congregation than the one they got or the pay is better or it's in a better city or, just possibly, they actually have a calling for ministry decides to take it or not.  If the first person doesn't heed the call then they move on to the next.

oh-okay-i-understand.gif

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Felix said:

Even better are the pastors that experience a sense of calling and decide to start their own congregations without any oversight, supervision, or support from external or established organizations. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Many years ago, I used to post on a high school football site and there were users that would in all serious post messages from Fw.Fw.Fw.Fw.Fw.Fw.Fw. YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT TO DO NOW and stuff off of Newsmax and WorldNetDaily.

The younger posters would clown on the people who kept falling for this stuff nonstop and as a twenty-something I’d just think that it was good this shit was basically channeled into nothing more nefarious than supporting the GWB-era GOP.

We now have slick media empires where you never have to consume anything but the smoothest email-forward gruel, and it’s packaged and targeted at a group of people (white people approaching or past retirement) with a disproportionate share of our nation’s wealth, political energy, and spare time. 

We’re screwed for a while at least. 

I can't believe that I'm the only one glad that one of them is 69.  

(No, it never gets old, it's always hilarious)

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I am baffled now.  Explain.

Non-congregational churches have an administration, higher ups, that appoint ministers to congregations.  Congregational churches, Baptists and Church of Christers and any "non-denominational" churches, pick their own with no established criteria for education, theology, suitability for the ministry, etc.  Now, the bigger churches will usually try to pluck a prominent pastor from a smaller church, so that helps establish some small level of bona fides.

It's the problem with Islam:  the dumbest people appoint the clergy because they like what they're told.

The process Felix described at least gets a short list from the denomination.  Some churches, it's just a free for all, as noted above.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Felix said:

Now I see the problem.  

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Pancho said:

Just making shit up as they go along. Someone here must know this bro:

You could waive a magic wand and fix all the cultural and political craziness and I would still avoid anyone with passionate feelings about Olive Garden, Jason Aldean or Bud Light - much less all 3. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

The smugness of stupidity is what makes me want to pull my hair out.

I like to call it arrogant ignorance.

Edit: Ignorant arrogance also works, too.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

From a twitter thread talking about how bassackwards the money-earning culture in Russia is.  No value for hard work – work is for suckers.  Using your power and scamming, that’s how it works. 

E.g.:

Officials of higher rank get both hate and envy as they have what everyone in russia wants - money without any real effort. So don't be surprised if you see a lot of organizations like FBK gathering donations without any real measurable result - it's another way of enrichment

in russia - grifring and scamming. You say what people want to hear, create a cult around one leader and here you are - pretty well off somewhere in Europe.

Gosh.  Does that seem familiar?  We have an entire political party that is built around the Russian model, and literally wants to make America Russia in that respect.  How fucking fucked is that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

14 hours ago, Pancho said:

Just making shit up as they go along. Someone here must know this bro:

Was probably just a yell leader. It's confusing, I know, since at aggy, the women are champions and the men are cheerleaders.

And male waitress was said we could have a bucket of unlimited bred dicks!

-You could have what?

How you say, countless dicks bred from a bucket?

-Oh, you mean a basket of unlimited breadsticks

That's what I said.

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

And male waitress was said we could have a bucket of unlimited bred dicks!

-You could have what?

How you say, countless dicks bred from a bucket?

-Oh, you mean a basket of unlimited breadsticks

That's what I said.

"You heard me, I ordered what I ordered."

grant_g_Stoops_sl_640.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6