The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 7/11/2022 at 12:13 PM, NWBuck said:

SIAP elsewhere- seemed to fit here as well:

Damn, that's good. At first, I thought she was going to defend Trumpism. I worried about this because she seemed smart and articulate. She proceeds to beautifully lay out the horror of Trump's success. 

I haven't read the whole thread, but surely somebody has pointed to Gene Hackman's speech in Mississippi Burning. It's the most memorable thing about the movie to me. 

Spoiler

You know, when I was a little boy, there was an old Negro farmer lived down the road from us, name of Monroe. And he was, uh, - well, I guess he was just a little luckier than my Daddy was. He bought himself a mule. That was a big deal around that town. Now, my Daddy hated that mule, 'cause his friends were always kiddin' him about oh, they saw Monroe out plowin' with his new mule, and Monroe was gonna rent another field now they had a mule. And one morning that mule just showed up dead. They poisoned the water. And after that there was never any mention about that mule around my Daddy. It just never came up. So one time, we were drivin' down the road and we passed Monroe's place and we saw it was empty. He'd just packed up and left, I guess. Gone up North, or somethin'. I looked over at my Daddy's face - and I knew he'd done it. And he saw that I knew. He was ashamed. I guess he was ashamed. He looked at me and he said: 'If you ain't better than a nigger, son, who are you better than?'...He was an old man just so full of hate that he didn't know that bein' poor was what was killin' him.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Protecting their base.

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-vote-nazi-white-supremacists-military-police-1724545

The House has approved an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act to compel government officials to prepare a report on combating white supremacists and neo-Nazi activity in the police and military, despite every Republican voting against the measure.

The amendment, sponsored by Rep. Brad Schneider, was passed in a 218-208 party-line vote on Wednesday. All 208 votes against the amendment came from House Republicans, one of whom described it as "Orwellian."

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Protecting their base.

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-vote-nazi-white-supremacists-military-police-1724545

The House has approved an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act to compel government officials to prepare a report on combating white supremacists and neo-Nazi activity in the police and military, despite every Republican voting against the measure.

The amendment, sponsored by Rep. Brad Schneider, was passed in a 218-208 party-line vote on Wednesday. All 208 votes against the amendment came from House Republicans, one of whom described it as "Orwellian."

of those 208, how many are on the list of known white supremacist terrorists? that's why they voted against it

• Like 2

On 7/11/2022 at 11:13 AM, NWBuck said:

SIAP elsewhere- seemed to fit here as well:

So I just got around to watching this and I think she is mostly right, but she doesn't go deep enough.  There are many reasons that poor (relative term) white people are in the situation they are in, but one of the biggest reasons is the very policies (or lack thereof) enacted by the Republican party over the past 40 years.  Trickle Down Economics is probably the biggest culprit.  But these people will never understand it.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, A-Tex Devil said:

So driving back from CO through Lampasas and Young’s BBQ hanging a flag: “Trump: He will be Back, 2024”.  

Nothing remarkable except colors were black, white, and red.  So, yeah.   

I'm tempted to go order some Q and then let them know right before it's payment time "nah, I'm good.  Didn't notice the sign until just now."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

On 7/14/2022 at 11:21 AM, RomaVicta said:

Damn, that's good. At first, I thought she was going to defend Trumpism. I worried about this because she seemed smart and articulate. She proceeds to beautifully lay out the horror of Trump's success. 

I haven't read the whole thread, but surely somebody has pointed to Gene Hackman's speech in Mississippi Burning. It's the most memorable thing abou the movie to me. 

Hide contents

You know, when I was a little boy, there was an old Negro farmer lived down the road from us, name of Monroe. And he was, uh, - well, I guess he was just a little luckier than my Daddy was. He bought himself a mule. That was a big deal around that town. Now, my Daddy hated that mule, 'cause his friends were always kiddin' him about oh, they saw Monroe out plowin' with his new mule, and Monroe was gonna rent another field now they had a mule. And one morning that mule just showed up dead. They poisoned the water. And after that there was never any mention about that mule around my Daddy. It just never came up. So one time, we were drivin' down the road and we passed Monroe's place and we saw it was empty. He'd just packed up and left, I guess. Gone up North, or somethin'. I looked over at my Daddy's face - and I knew he'd done it. And he saw that I knew. He was ashamed. I guess he was ashamed. He looked at me and he said: 'If you ain't better than a nigger, son, who are you better than?'...He was an old man just so full of hate that he didn't know that bein' poor was what was killin' him.

Yep, I think about that quote often. 

• Like 1

The media wilL be target #1 if trump wins 2024. Trump and Cruz already want to tear down the media, removing laws protecting them. Just a little reminder ….

When the Nazis came to power in 1933, the German constitution guaranteed freedom of speech and freedom of the press. Through decrees and laws, the Nazis abolished these civil rights and destroyed German democracy. Starting in 1934, it was illegal to criticize the Nazi government. Even telling a joke about Hitler was considered treachery. People in Nazi Germany could not say or write whatever they wanted. 

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/nazi-propaganda-and-censorship

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

This is just as important now as it was in the 1930’s, the only good nazi is a dead nazi !!!

Todays maga gqp would have been goose stepping behind the nazi flag in the 1930’s, if given the chance 

fuck’em all !!!

More than a few of the MAGA crowd would have eventually (and involuntarily) found their way into Aktion T4 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aktion_T4).

And plenty of the more radical members would have been purged early on, simply because their ambitions would have made them rivals or threats to those who wound up in charge.

28 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm failing to see the problem.

Not enough people were exposed to the size of Hunter Biden’s dick or the fact that he was having threesomes.  Fox News/OAN/News Max can only tell so many people about Hunter’s dick or his banging multiple women at the same time.

It's so comical.  Now that it has been proven that the laptop was real, the story gets no traction because there isn't any real evidence on it.

Except of the size of Hunter's schlong.

It's like even if 2000 Mules was credible, Trump didn't know anything about it 18 months ago, or six months ago, so he was still lying.

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

the take over of school and election baords should be very troubling 

I’ve sat in on a few of the Austin ISD meetings with the public, and quite a few out-of-state jackasses were trying to start shit, and they were all reading from the same script.  And whoever wrote the script was also not from Texas.

• Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s so fucking sad how much attention he is craving. Utterly pathetic.  It’s not enough for him to ride Daddy Trump’s coattails into a House seat. He’s scared that the spotlight isn’t on him enough.

crisis actors !

15 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

gop been bitching about the dems coming for their guns for 35 years they should throw in a twist and actually do it. they’ll never see it coming. 

It’s fucking weird how insecure Republicans have become.  Scared of every little shadow.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1