The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Okie State said:
10 minutes ago, troph said:
Interesting I’ve been toying with the idea of an upside down flag sticker on my truck. 

For different reasons no doubt.

There is only one reason to send that duress signal. And that’s objective truth. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

Not sure this really belongs here, but visiting my brother and the first thing I ask is 'hey, why is your flag upside down?'. Insert 'And here. we. go.' gif.

We got into it a bit. Things got a little heated. I gave a short lesson on how oil and gas trades on a global market and that inflation is more complicated than blaming a single administration. Also pointed out what I read on here about Republicans working to override the electoral process which he seemed genuinely pissed about. It won't change his mind, but it's something. All you can do is try.

“Following the mass shooting at a July 4 parade in Highland Park, Illinois, a Trump-backed gubernatorial candidate bluntly urged the community to “move on.” Standing next to supporters at a different parade, after taking a moment in prayer, state Sen. Darren Bailey, said: “Let’s move on and celebrate the independence of this nation.” He added, “We have got to get corruption and evil out of our government.” After being roasted on social media, Bailey released a statement that said, “I apologize if in any way we diminished the pain being felt across our state today.” He also wrote on Twitter: “I send our heartfelt prayers to the victims of the shooting in Highland Park. July 4th is supposed to be a holiday for families, for parades, for celebrating the American Dream, but when people don't feel safe in their own community, they are deprived of that dream.”

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

He did indeed   Also he wants more cops on the streets.  Even though there were cops on the streets ther.

That’s going to piss off MAGA.

More police on our streets?  This was a sniper from a rooftop with a semi-automatic rifle, if I'm not mistaken.  That's not exactly a "more cops could've stopped this" situation.  It's more like a batman villain situation.  Maybe we just need Batman.  Makes just a much sense as anything else at this point.

Edited by Biff Tannen

You can’t tell me that a pre-planned large group event like this, anywhere in America, doesn’t have a large police presence now including snipers and tactical units where they are available. 

Eta: and not only were they not able to prevent the incident, they couldn’t even capture or kill the perpetrator.  So they might as well had not been there soaking up overtime. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

Police snipers and tactical units aiming at crowds and buildings during celebrations while mentally deranged civilians have automatic rifles pointed at the same crowd full of nuts with concealed carries. What in the actual fuck is wrong with us?  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

On 7/4/2022 at 10:38 AM, TexasHooch said:

Asked the 'can't I just go to the beach' question every day I was in Port Aransas a couple of weeks ago.  I vented about it in the Texpatriates thread.   So many flags and banners and shirts and all that.  Everywhere you looked.  Completely inescapable.  

12 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Asked the 'can't I just go to the beach' question every day I was in Port Aransas a couple of weeks ago.  I vented about it in the Texpatriates thread.   So many flags and banners and shirts and all that.  Everywhere you looked.  Completely inescapable.  

yeah man, that area and cc are hard core maga gqp territory. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

yeah man, that area and cc are hard core maga gqp territory. 

FFS, some young (probably 18-22) asshole wore a big "TRUMP 45" jersey.....to the goddamn Willie Nelson concert last night.  Willie.  Fucking.  Nelson.  Who fucking openly HATES your guy.  You don't wear that jersey (not a t-shirt, a freaking JERSEY, like fanboys wear) there if you're not looking to be a pointlessly provocative and divisive chunk of fucking excrement.

But that's our brand in America in 2022.  These fucking people.

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

FFS, some young (probably 18-22) asshole wore a big "TRUMP 45" jersey.....to the goddamn Willie Nelson concert last night.  Willie.  Fucking.  Nelson.  Who fucking openly HATES your guy.  You don't wear that jersey (not a t-shirt, a freaking JERSEY, like fanboys wear) there if you're not looking to be a pointlessly provocative and divisive chunk of fucking excrement.

Honestly, I don't think that these people think of it as being provocative - it's like wearing a tailored cowboys jersey for them. Just showing their team pride! They lack the empathy to think of how anyone else would feel about it. It makes them happy to wear so they do.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Honestly, I don't think that these people think of it as being provocative - it's like wearing a tailored cowboys jersey for them. Just showing their team pride! They lack the empathy to think of how anyone else would feel about it. It makes them happy to wear so they do.

Bullshit.  They're doing it to "make thuh libz cry!", because that's a fucking sacrament to them.  Being a fucking asshole, and openly offensive and rude to other people, is the holiest rite in MAGA land.  

You know how we (Texas fans) grew up with the common decency not to deck ourselves out in head-to-toe longhorn gear when, say, going to a wedding of an aggy couple (nevermind that those ags "whoop!" and hiss and do horns down if they happen to be at a Longhorn wedding -- they're uncouth assholes, we're not)?  That's gone, man.  Now, the virtue is show up in your opposing team gear, maybe with a speaker playing your fight song repeatedly, for the sole purpose of sticking a finger in the eye of everyone else there and drawing attention to yourself.

Being a fucking asshole is their entire point for living.  They have no other qualities or virtues to point to.  Not a one. "Asshole" is all they've got.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You know how we (Texas fans) grew up with the common decency not to deck ourselves out in head-to-toe longhorn gear when, say, going to a wedding of an aggy couple (nevermind that those ags "whoop!" and hiss and do horns down if they happen to be at a Longhorn wedding -- they're uncouth assholes, we're not)?

And yet there are plenty of dotard supporters on this very site that can't make the connection that they are acting EXACTLY like aggy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And yet there are plenty of dotard supporters on this very site that can't make the connection that they are acting EXACTLY like aggy.

Man, that's always been one of the things I don't get.  When you look up, and realize that your beliefs have you aligned with the absolute worst of a cult all of us saw quite clearly and made fun of for decades....and you conclude "yep, this is where I need to be"......WTF IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?

• Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Man, provoking liberals is what they think about more than half of their time awake each day.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Man, that's always been one of the things I don't get.  When you look up, and realize that your beliefs have you aligned with the absolute worst of a cult all of us saw quite clearly and made fun of for decades....and you conclude "yep, this is where I need to be"......WTF IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?

MIL is a prime example.  I've never met someone who hates aggy worse than her.  And yet she's pulling that R lever in 2022 and 2024, guaranteed.

But that's our brand in America in 2022.  These fucking people.

I wonder how mad he got about this?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 7/4/2022 at 6:08 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

You can’t tell me that a pre-planned large group event like this, anywhere in America, doesn’t have a large police presence now including snipers and tactical units where they are available. 

Eta: and not only were they not able to prevent the incident, they couldn’t even capture or kill the perpetrator.  So they might as well had not been there soaking up overtime. 

Cops are lousy at preventing crime, except petty crime simply by their presence, largely ineffective otherwise.

Edited by TwiceHorn

On 7/4/2022 at 5:09 PM, atomheartbevo said:

“Following the mass shooting at a July 4 parade in Highland Park, Illinois, a Trump-backed gubernatorial candidate bluntly urged the community to “move on.” Standing next to supporters at a different parade, after taking a moment in prayer, state Sen. Darren Bailey, said: “Let’s move on and celebrate the independence of this nation.” 

“seems reasonable.  can we go ahead and move on from all the felonies and outright treason our guy committed while he was President while we’re at it?”

-Republicans 

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Cops are lousy at preventing crime, except petty crime simply by their presence, largely ineffective otherwise.

They also suck at solving crimes. If you get assaulted and/or robbed, the chances of them bringing the perpetrators to justice is pretty slim. At least it is in my experience. 

4 hours ago, royiv said:

Remember that there are folks that regularly post on this board that see pics like this and still think it's totally cool to support Trump.

And the concept of a Christian “God” who supports Donald Trump, the least Christian man to ever occupy the White House. I’m atheist and I’m more Christian than he is. “Love your neighbor as yourself” is a foreign concept to him. I suspect that’s probably true of his supporters as well.

So much ignorance and hate. It’s depressing.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, HenryJames said:

From that story:

Benjamin Lawrence Petty pleaded guilty in 2018 to raping a 13-year-old Texas girl at the camp. Petty, who was a cook at the camp, tied a rope around the girl’s wrists, raped her and threatened to hurt her if she told anyone, according to investigators. Petty was ultimately sentenced to probation in the case, and a civil case filed by the girl’s family against the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma was settled. The terms of the settlement were not disclosed.

• Rage+1 4