Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, GabrielsHorn said:

100% agreed. There is video of AA fire coming from the Ukrainians tonight though, which again begs the question - what the hell are the Russians doing? How are they not softening targets?

Also sounds like they are having trouble finding them. Where are all the drones at?

And still can't believe how many lights are on in Kyiv. 

• Hook 'Em 1

No shit.  This is a good thing.  All the armchair warhawks talking about putting US or NATO forces into the field need to take a deep breath.   Russian is being bled and staggering.   Let them stagger and let them bleed.  They can still hurt us and the rest of the world and no amount of conventional arms can stop it.  

continue to feed the Ukes weapons and supplies and burn the Russian finances down.  They are in a monumental mess that they are only now realizing.  It will only get worse for them.   

what’s the adage about interrupting an enemy when they are making a mistake?

Eventually it’s all going “to fall”…..that’s when their pain really set in as it always does for the occupying force.  This has the makings of a meat grinder for the Russians 

You and I are agreeing a whole lot on this thread.

Let’s give murderous shitstain Putin all the rope he needs to hang himself.

I’m dead serious, I’m looking to chip in for weapons and body armor for the Ukrainian fighters. There’re in this for the long haul. Let’s send back stacks of broken Russian bodies, every….fucking….day.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

100% agreed. There is video of AA fire coming from the Ukrainians tonight though, which again begs the question - what the hell are the Russians doing? How are they not softening targets?

It's beginning to look the the typical Russian soldier doesn't want to be there,  doesn't know why they are there, and doesn't want to fuck with people literally protecting their homes. Vlad has put himself in quite the pickle. And they are showing their ass.  He has nukes and that's basically it. 

• Like 1

Lt. Col Daniel Davis on cnnl, saying that Ukrainians are finally getting their asses kicked he thinks and are not holding Kyiv very well, that the Russians have made extraordinarily fast progress through the evening to Kyiv. Seems to be the most pessimistic of the analysts I've heard so far today, I wonder if things are finally moving against Ukraine. FWIW...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, phdhorn said:

Lt. Col Daniel Davis on cnnl, saying that Ukrainians are finally getting their asses kicked he thinks and are not holding Kyiv very well, that the Russians have made extraordinarily fast progress through the evening to Kyiv. Seems to be the most pessimistic of the analysts I've heard so far today, I wonder if things are finally moving against Ukraine. FWIW...

He also was blaming Zelensky for telling civilians to defend Kyiv. Fuck ‘em. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I’m dead serious, I’m looking to chip in for weapons and body armor for the Ukrainian fighters. There’re in this for the long haul. Let’s send back stacks of broken Russian bodies, every….fucking….day.

I started a whole thread on this 🙂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GabrielsHorn said:

He also was blaming Zelensky for telling civilians to defend Kyiv. Fuck ‘em. 

I think he was just saying that he thinks it's dangerous for them to be hauling Molotov cocktails and things that they're not used to or haven't trained with, but yeah it's kind of like saying they need to fold and stack the chairs on the Titanic so nobody bumps into them and hurts themselves while it's sinking. Kind of misses the point, doesn't it?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, troph said:

Now a retired LTC saying basically surrender agree to neutrality and talk to Putin. Buncha reactionary experts. 

Fucking lieutenant colonels, amirite @RDCanecutter

Most of the ones I've known are useless middle-management types who couldn't make the jump to full colonel, or who put in their 20 and then had another solid career/goals planned outside of the military.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is why I say a direct conflict with Russia is a shit idea.   You’d be looking at the real possibility of needing weapons and body armor for your son……not the Ukrainians.   

13 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

He was a comedian 3 years ago.  Not sure how you can say he’s not exceeding expectations. 

He’s performing admirably.  More a general statement about the leadership of the country and others that had little foresight with their psycho neighbors 

13 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

How many troopers do these hold? I’m assuming they still jump out but are suddenly dispersed?

Unless the rear door was already open or they had enough time and control of the plane to open it and jump, they were suddenly dispersed on the ground.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

He’s performing admirably.  More a general statement about the leadership of the country and others that had little foresight with their psycho neighbors 

Is recently as a decade ago, most of the Ukrainian leaders were clowns so it's quite understandable that people were skeptical. The Ukrainian leaders were either way out of their league or corrupt and serving timeB. ut this guy's become the freaking George Washington of Ukraine in 2 days. He's got balls to spare.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

No matter what you want said there is always a retired Lieutenant Colonel who will go on TV and say it. 

Yeah it’s Friday night comedy routine right now. Clown car on now. Talking about Putin wants to rebuild the Warsaw Pact to original borders. Whateves.

8 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

This just in:

An army of conscripts doesn’t want to be fighting a war they are forced to be fighting!

News at 11!!

I don’t believe many conscripts are in Ukraine yet. They seem to be north or held back in other brigades. From what I’ve seen the Russian soldiers are officers or full time ones, not conscripts. But that is even more damning to their military. 

1 minute ago, troph said:

Yeah it’s Friday night comedy routine right now. Clown car on now. Talking about Putin wants to rebuild the Warsaw Pact to original borders. Whateves.

CNN is such a shit show that even Wolf, who has for decades been to go to for these things, is hard to watch.

• Haha 1

Just now, The Ace of Aces said:

I don’t believe many conscripts are in Ukraine yet. They seem to be north or held back in other brigades. From what I’ve seen the Russian soldiers are officers or full time ones, not conscripts. But that is even more damning to their military. 

They’re not conscription soldiers.   Bit they are undertrained and underfunded and seem to have questionable battlefield leadership. 

9 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

No matter what you want said there is always a retired Lieutenant Colonel who will go on TV and say it. 

I once saw a Lt. Colonel who had won a string of battles get his shit blowed up by a gangly kid who was just better at it.

It was at a wargame tournament using little toy soldiers as game pieces, but I still saw it.

OK, I didn't really see it. But I heard talk.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Agreed. Plus I am done going back ten pages to read everything. This ain't a finely crafted epic poem it's a fucking yap-board with cool shit posted 18 times.

Yea I tried to be good citizen of the board but by the time I got through 2 pages of this thread 4 more fucking pop up. I lurked nonstop with the insight the at the beginning but now now way in hell you can keep up

• Drool 1

5 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I once saw a Lt. Colonel who had won a string of battles get his shit blowed up by a gangly kid who was just better at it.

It was at a wargame tournament using little toy soldiers as game pieces, but I still saw it.

OK, I didn't really see it. But I heard talk.

and the name of that gangly kid? 

Albert Lincoln.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

9 hours ago, troph said:

except that for all of humanity, one country has ruled. some with allies, some without.  In the modern world that has been the US, prior to that the seas were held by various European factions, fighting all the time.  Now we have seen the greatest prosperity and peace time in Europe that has been seen in 3-4 lifetimes.  I have very little issue with NATO or the US role in NATO. Yes improvements can be made, but we are likely to avoid WW3 simply because the US is the world leader.  We should stay that way for as long as we can, and we should strengthen NATO as much as we can.  Nationalism is very dangerous, it opens up an infinite number of pathways to conflict, where coalitions, allies, NATO, free trade and other aspects of Globalism protect us.  yes Globalism has harmed Germany, but they FAFO with Russia they get cold winters.  Pick better global partners, we've been telling you that.  Nationalism is NOT the answer, in fact it's what has caused this invasion to begin with.

Sorry was on a plane all day. I take your point and can appreciate the idealism. When you find yourself in a globalist dynamic so tightly coupled that you can’t respond to a war criminal or help or at least slow down the slaughter of innocents, then what earthly good are you, really?

The fact that most European countries are sitting around “like, well, um, I mean I would of course, but we can’t tank our economy…maybe if we can still buy Russian _____, then we can sanction everything else?” shows you that their level of global interconnectivity is irresponsible. If you can’t weather a few fiscal quarters without your JIT global imports, that’s a failure— and America is no exception. IMO, It’s akin to being the provider of your family and not having a 6 month savings of expenses for emergencies— it’s irresponsible leadership.

Edited by TurkeyChew
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй