Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

13 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They got their ass kicked by the Japanese in 1898. They tapped out of WW1 and became commies. They almost lost WW2. They lost the Cold War. Their economy sucks. They aren’t a great power. Their entire history is them being a group of frustrated backwater hicks while getting raped by whoever was playing daddy to them at the time. They are basically aggy when it comes to relevance in the world stage. 
they will fight fiercely when backed into the corner for their motherland (as I expect will the Ukrainians and pretty much every country or peoples group ever) but they are fuck ups. Plain and simple. It’s not a functional society and country. Neither is China. 

The Russians are not China. Russia is fighting a war on a Dollar General budget. You are drunk if you think the two are the same.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

The US still has these fwiw. I believe we last used them though in 08 or 09 in Yemen but Bush & Co dropped a ton of them over Iraq in 03.  

Yup.  We flew into Balad for a C2 mission in June of 03 and landed right before NVGs were required. By the time we got the birds secured it was dark as shit.  Some orderly walked us across the airfield to the tents we were staying in for the next few days. Next morning a crew chief went to check on his bird but stopped about halfway there and came back pissed. There were blue baseballs (cluster submunitions) laying in the field we all stomped across in the dark. EOD came out and put on a show. They laid a chunk of c4 and then buried them in sandbags, like 10 of them.  The cook off sent those things at least 40 feet in the air. Pretty sure I have a sweet 240p recording of that somewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They got their ass kicked by the Japanese in 1898. They tapped out of WW1 and became commies. They almost lost WW2. They lost the Cold War. Their economy sucks. They aren’t a great power. Their entire history is them being a group of frustrated backwater hicks while getting raped by whoever was playing daddy to them at the time. They are basically aggy when it comes to relevance in the world stage. 
they will fight fiercely when backed into the corner for their motherland (as I expect will the Ukrainians and pretty much every country or peoples group ever) but they are fuck ups. Plain and simple. It’s not a functional society and country. Neither is China. 

You forgot to mention pumping their Olympic athletes full of roids and banned substances. 

• Like 1

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/t0p990/russian_soldier_captured_by_locals_in_ukrainian/

camera lady: "oleg, why are you doing this, oleg?"

camera guy: "he's arrived, blyat, from moscow, oleg"

camera lady: "[muffled] our country, we didn't want war"

camera guy: "why did they tell you you were coming here?"

oleg: "to take people"

camera guy: "to take people?"

camera lady: "to take people?"

oleg: "i don't know honestly, said to just take people"

camera lady: "we don't want war, oleg"

oleg: "i don't want it either"

camera guy: "Sumy, center of town"

camera lady: "why are you here? ... oleg?"

Edited by crash_davis

4 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

While they're meant to dodge and be unpredictable in the the terminal phase, cruise missiles are definitely not impossible to take out.  Both the Kalibr and Tomahawk are vulnerable to modern air defense.  Anyway, I think the burning wreck is not a cruise missile, it's falling from way too high and with too much material mass to be a missile being downed.  Beyond that it's hard to say, it could be anything from a large drone to a Tupolev strategic bomber.  But most likely a fighter, imo.

I'm saying there is nothing in that theater that has the capability to take out a cruise missile.  Yes we are developing tech to take it out but those are barely in production.  The only thing I know of that we have is some sort of CWIS system which just throws tons of lead at you or the Iron Dome.  

3 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Damn straight and letting it come from an R so they see we are putting up a united front against this fuckery.

No CR/just facts.

Really feels like Rubio may be breaking from MAGA with this. Not the reporting of events but criticism of the  idea that this is the US’s (read Biden admin’s) fault 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Rubio is on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.  He is Tweeting whatever they decide he should, and it's a great idea.  Throw the Truth out there, put the Russians on blast.

I know, that's why I posted it.  it was in response to someone where the correct answer was yes, this is confirmed harder than he thought it was going to be, per US intelligence.

6 minutes ago, F250 said:

The Russians are not China. Russia is fighting a war on a Dollar General budget. You are drunk if you think the two are the same.

The Chinese are liars and cheats. You can believe that they are 10 feet tall and bullet proof if you want but just like the USSR they are liars and in an unjust authoritarian country that nothing good comes from. They steal and copy from us instead of innovating, just like the USSR. They ruthlessly repress their people, just like the USSR. They lie about everything and you can’t believe any of their numbers, even the ones they tell themselves , just like the USSR. They got their ass kicked by the Japanese fighting them as an afterthought in WW2 and then proceeded to self immolate,  before turning to the most morally bankrupt system of government the world has ever seen.  But sure, that sounds totally different than what my description of Russia is. 
I mean- feel free to actually, you know, make an argument or response instead of bullshit ad hominem’s, or don’t. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Really feels like Rubio may be breaking from MAGA with this. Not the reporting of events but criticism of the  idea that this is the US’s (read Biden admin’s) fault 

I mean- he hates trump- that was obvious in the primaries. He just likes his political career more. 

39 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

at first it looks like a lot, but the guy says the rear is unprotected and if you stack up the losses day one and then look at how much territory remains, a full occupation is starting to look like a non-starter.  I'm not saying Kyiv isn't falling and Zelensky is going to have a parade, the guy's days are probably numbered, but wow Russia is in for a mess of a time with this one. Waaaaaaaay more than they can handle. 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The Chinese are liars and cheats. You can believe that they are 10 feet tall and bullet proof if you want but just like the USSR they are liars and in an unjust authoritarian country that nothing good comes from. They steal and copy from us instead of innovating, just like the USSR. They ruthlessly repress their people, just like the USSR. They lie about everything and you can’t believe any of their numbers, even the ones they tell themselves , just like the USSR. They got their ass kicked by the Japanese fighting them as an afterthought in WW2 and then proceeded to self immolate,  before turning to the most morally bankrupt system of government the world has ever seen.  But sure, that sounds totally different than what my description of Russia is. 
I mean- feel free to actually, you know, make an argument or response instead of bullshit ad hominem’s, or don’t. 

You are informed by alcohol if you think China is comparable to Russia.

There is nothing to reply to because it's all appeals to emotion and bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The airport stuff from earlier.

they've played that on CNN like 86 times in the last 4 hours. we get it bro, you're a bad ass war correspondent one day after you couldn't figure out how to put your helmet on standing on a balcony with distant explosions behind you.

This is the kind of assault I was talking about earlier, that Russia needed to be doing.  Question is whether these are missiles (or rocket artillery) with actual targets, or just random.  I'm going to go with targets, but if they just started randomly dropping missiles down on Kyiv, that would be a psychological problem.  Still, 3 dozen isn't that much.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

they've played that on CNN like 86 times in the last 4 hours. we get it bro, you're a bad ass war correspondent one day after you couldn't figure out how to put your helmet on standing on a balcony with distant explosions behind you.

The smell of piss-stained pants has given him courage.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is the kind of assault I was talking about earlier, that Russia needed to be doing.  Question is whether these are missiles (or rocket artillery) with actual targets, or just random.  I'm going to go with targets, but if they just started randomly dropping missiles down on Kyiv, that would be a psychological problem.  Still, 3 dozen isn't that much.

I don’t know. Probably not military targets 

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

Lol yeah I ain't trying to fuck around and find out what China is or isn't capable of. If you don't include nuclear capability in the equation they are far and away the 2nd most powerful country in the world. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

They are in range of MLRs and artillery now.  They can got their heavy equipment in 

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Seems like Russia is on track to take Kyiv over the weekend and have pretty solid control over all of Ukraine middle of next week.  The southern areas collapsed nearly instantly and Russia essentially controls the air. 

It’s relatively easy to take control. It’s infinitely harder to maintain it. 

They don't have a large enough force to take all of Ukraine, and damn sure not in a week.  

At most they have 50,000 - 60,000 actual infantry, and that's being generous.  It would take a big chunk of those to take Kyiv completely, and that's before all of the other large cities.

I'm still leaning towards them taking Kyiv, going down the river, trying to install a puppet government, and just holding everything east of the river and going for negotiations.

• Hook 'Em 2

I mean think if you invaded California with 30% more people and they all were off the same mindset of those that live in like Victorville or Palmdale or the salton sea. And you only brought 190k to a gunfight. You might blow some shit up but good luck holding it. 

I know what California is, but I have no idea what the rest of this means
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

Their infrastructure is crumbling and shit. They are running the same playbook as the USSR and they will end up on the ash heap of history like every other authoritarian regime ever. They can’t compete with the west and people that are free and innovative.  These are all facts. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

I'm saying there is nothing in that theater that has the capability to take out a cruise missile.  Yes we are developing tech to take it out but those are barely in production.  The only thing I know of that we have is some sort of CWIS system which just throws tons of lead at you or the Iron Dome.  

I mean, you gotta assume the area is flooded with Kubs and Buks on both sides no?  

Again, it's more a moot point since the debris is clearly not from a missile, but an aircraft of some sort.

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй