we're going the sugar bowl

blacklab

Tebow just said Georgia has no motivation for playing Texas, nothing to play for.  Marcus Spears agreed.....

Deandre Baker (Thorpe Winner) just announced not playing in the Sugar Bowl..... moving on to prepare for NFL.  

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-deandre-baker-won-play-bowl-game/MiLB9K3rl68z3eLChy6rcK/

All the SEC Network folks making sure that if Georgia loses, they have excuses.....

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Tebow just said Georgia has no motivation for playing Texas, nothing to play for.  Marcus Spears agreed.....

Deandre Baker (Thorpe Winner) just announced not playing in the Sugar Bowl..... moving on to prepare for NFL.  

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-deandre-baker-won-play-bowl-game/MiLB9K3rl68z3eLChy6rcK/

All the SEC Network folks making sure that if Georgia loses, they have excuses.....

Hedging their bets for the loss.  

18 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Pretty arrogant for a school that has won even less shit than us

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

They should just go ahead and forfeit now, then.

• Haha 1

Just got club level section 308 row 13 seats for $105 after fees

Good deal! I’ve been eyeing the same section and am almost ready to pull the trigger just wondering if the $240 per for 30 yard line, row 30 (for example) will be at $150 per in a day or two. Tough decision, pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered sorta decision....

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

When we are winning, the broadcast crew will not let us forget this either. Fuck the sec.

11 hours ago, troph said:

Good deal! I’ve been eyeing the same section and am almost ready to pull the trigger just wondering if the $240 per for 30 yard line, row 30 (for example) will be at $150 per in a day or two. Tough decision, pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered sorta decision....

if your goal is $150 for the best seats you can get, those 6 seats right now in 312 on the Texas 50 are $150 after fees on stubhub.

20 hours ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Has anyone been to the Superdome before and have thoughts on best seats for your money?  Any areas to avoid - overhangs, etc.?  I'm thinking sideline seats, but either further up in the 100s or lower down in the 500s or 600s.

Seat Geek has photos of the field from every section in the dome.

https://seatgeek.com/venues/mercedes-benz-superdome/seating-chart/views

17 hours ago, alphahorn said:

I"m sure Deandre watched the film of LJH and CJ and said, "da fuck wit dis, them mutha fuckas gonna cost me cash money, I ain't playin"

pretty smart money decision, NFL scouts look at him getting torched by NFL quality receivers, no bueno

Wow. Stereotype?

I believe he actually said "Due to the circumstances surrounding my anticipated match-up against two fantastic wide receivers from the great University of Texas Longhorns football team, I have decided against the possibility of being "Mossed" on more than one occasion, and as such have decided to stay at home and pray to my shrine of Herschel Walker that I am selected in the top 15 of the NFL draft."

Oh, also "My vagina gets real sore this time of year and I don't want to cramp up in front of 70,000 people"

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 3

On 12/2/2018 at 11:16 AM, gmr548 said:

Yeah, like Maryland 2017, OU 2017, Maryland 2018, OSU 2018, and yesterday. The "Herman excels in big games" myth persists even though we've been punked/ embarrassed in just as many of them as we've come out looking prepared. I don't get it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Herman has a good to great record as an underdog. It's when we're favored that you need to worry. 

Not to mention that 3 of the 4 games he named were not big games.  If we had beaten Maryland or OSU we would not look back on them as big wins.  They are only seen as big in hindsight because we lost them and wish we hadn't.  Big game = Top Ten, traditional rival, post-season game.  If unranked Maryland and #25 OSU are big games then I guess they're all big games.  

19 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Are there any official UT pregame activities?

About 4-5 hours before game time, Uber it to Lafittes.  Have a few drinks, take in the fire and atmosphere and then make the pub crawl all the way down Bourbon (walking a little faster through one stretch).  Hit Tropical Aisle, Razoos, quick veer to Pat Os and top it off at Absinthe House.  Next, Uber it to Koshon Butcher for a quick meal and head to Rusty Nail for pre-game.  Of course your day started with Bloddys at the Columns Hotel before a quick ride to the Boot and AT's for a couple beers, not that its been my routine (like last year for Bama-Clem) before.

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

About 4-5 hours before game time, Uber it to Lafittes.  Have a few drinks, take in the fire and atmosphere and then make the pub crawl all the way down Bourbon (walking a little faster through one stretch).  Hit Tropical Aisle, Razoos, quick veer to Pat Os and top it off at Absinthe House.  Next, Uber it to Koshon Butcher for a quick meal and head to Rusty Nail for pre-game.  Of course your day started with Bloddys at the Columns Hotel before a quick ride to the Boot and AT's for a couple beers, not that its been my routine (like last year for Bama-Clem) before.

For anyone that may want to go it’s Cochon Butcher. And I recommend the Le Pig Mac

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

And celebrate the win till 7am at snake and jakes. 

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

There's a Texas Exes tailgate for $110 per person. Because it wouldn't be UT- affiliated if it wasn't a blatant money grab.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well, it's an open bar and buffet for 2.5 hours in an ~18,000 seat arena, so I'd imagine there's a bit of cost they're trying to cover there.

14 hours ago, troph said:

I say buy them and be done with it.  There is a real value (at least to me) to putting the ticket buying process in the rear view and moving on the to excitement of the trip and game.

• Like 2

I say buy them and be done with it.  There is a real value (at least to me) to putting the ticket buying process in the rear view and moving on the to excitement of the trip and game.

$154 ea section 309 I’m happy. Let’s kick their asses! And I didn’t see 50 yard line for that price when I just checked.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

Too many stops for me. 

On 12/27/2018 at 4:00 PM, LTtxfan said:

When we win and the talking penis head finebaum trots that out, it just shows the CFB playoff committee had it right. Winners don't loose then make excuses, they dominate their opponent and make a statement 

c3170b596a2aa0e7f02c7c40845b2fb0.jpg
Went to the liquor store tonight to grab some bourbon and beer. Ran into a fella who said he had tickets to Sugar Bowl but couldn’t go because he had to work. (He mentioned it because I was wearing my Texas hoodie.) Said he had posted the tickets on FB yesterday but hadn’t gotten any bites yet. Said he was trying to get $75 per for tickets with face of $150. I feel a little skeptical. Here’s my question.....how would I even go about checking veracity of said tickets? Pic is of ticket posted on the guys FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Txslnghrns said:

c3170b596a2aa0e7f02c7c40845b2fb0.jpg
Went to the liquor store tonight to grab some bourbon and beer. Ran into a fella who said he had tickets to Sugar Bowl but couldn’t go because he had to work. (He mentioned it because I was wearing my Texas hoodie.) Said he had posted the tickets on FB yesterday but hadn’t gotten any bites yet. Said he was trying to get $75 per for tickets with face of $150. I feel a little skeptical. Here’s my question.....how would I even go about checking veracity of said tickets? Pic is of ticket posted on the guys FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't think he should really be posting pics of it with barcode. someone could just take the barcode and show it on a phone at gate and get in with it. at least i think.