2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

I watched the entire Graham-Harrison debate.

Graham is a closet case fuckface, and Harrison got in a couple of shots, but there wasn't any Pujols-style walk-off homers for Jamie.   He absolutely won some points, but he didn't leave Graham crying in the fetal position, and that's what he needed to do.

For those of you that didn't watch, Lindsey said "Pelosi" so many times, that Harrison's close was "if you had "Pelosi" in your drinking game, call Uber". 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

that was my guess for a while.  somehow collins is going to hang on.

There are Lib and Green party candidates in the race pulling ~2 and 4% respectively, which will make it tough for anyone to break 50%. Ranked choice voting then kicks in and that should elevate Gideon more than Collins.

The Green candidate has actually told her supporters to put Gideon down as their #2.

7 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Graham is a closet case fuckface, and Harrison got in a couple of shots, but there wasn't any Pujols-style walk-off homers for Jamie.   He absolutely won some points, but he didn't leave Graham crying in the fetal position, and that's what he needed to do.

For those of you that didn't watch, Lindsey said "Pelosi" so many times, that Harrison's close was "if you had "Pelosi" in your drinking game, call Uber". 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I don't know, that last line sounds pretty walk-offish to me. 

4 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Or all these dudes are having a final push for donations to line their pockets.  No, that would never happen. 

Don't get me wrong, I hope every D running wins but maybe a race should be won or lost on ideas instead of how much money you can raise.  I know, crazy talk but y'all keep throwing your money into the smudge pot of politics as you wish.  I think you would get more enjoyment setting it on fire in your driveway though.

donating is how out-of-state people vote. 

money = viability. and if cash won every race, we’d be looking at a 60-40 blue senate. 

and if there’s a runoff, the spending will be egregious. 

Edited by henrygandorf

5 minutes ago, thepop said:

fook 

Not great but 

Ernst leads 46% to 42% over Greenfield, the Iowa Poll shows. Another 3% say they plan to vote for someone else, 1% do not plan to vote in the Senate race, 3% are unsure and 4% already voted but did not want to say which candidate they support.

The poll of 814 likely Iowa voters was conducted by Selzer & Co. of Des Moines from Oct. 26-29. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.4 percentage points. ”

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I was a little concerned about this one but looking good for Peters.

If that race goes against you it’s not going to be even in the top 5 of things you care about on Election Day. It means that you aren’t taking the Senate and we are getting ready for 4 more years of Trump as he threaded the needle in the rust belt again. 

On 10/31/2020 at 4:10 PM, Gil Bang said:

Jews are taking time away from running Hollywood to run Alaska now?

Ten Jewish studio and media execs are dropped off In Alaska.  It’s not a survivalist show, they have everything they need.  But they have one month of competition to completely control Alaska politics.  Netflix bought the rights for three Million. 

I'm pretty sanguine about Iowa--I think a lot of the perceived shift is due to the Selzer poll.  And everyone is just afraid to say the obvious: the Selzer poll is an outlier.

I'm getting more than a bit worried about Maine.  There seems to be genuine tightening there, though it just hasn't been polled very much.  I can't imagine that Collins is going to poll that far ahead of Trump, but damned if she hasn't cheated political death before.

26 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

After that Iowa debate with the crop price question I don’t see how any self respecting Iowan could vote for Ernst. 

same sorts of folk that let Steve King serve for 17 years are voting for Ernst.  fuck that state.  Matt Campbell is too good for them.

12 hours ago, RayDog said:

Montana has 510,000 votes and passed their 2016 total. With a marijuana initiative on the ballet they expect a big young voter turnout. Bullock is still in it.

would love to see Bullock pull that one out.  it's gonna be a nailbiter.

MSU-Billings* 10/19 - 10/24 546 LV 4.2 47 48 Bullock +1
NY Times/Siena* 10/18 - 10/20 758 LV 4.4 49 46 Daines +3
NBC-MT/Strategies 360 10/15 - 10/20 500 LV 4.4 48 47 Daines +1
PPP (D) 10/9 - 10/10 798 LV 3.5 48 48 Tie
Emerson 10/5 - 10/7 500 LV 4.3 52 43 Daines +9
NY Times/Siena* 9/14 - 9/16 625 LV 4.8 45 44 Daines +1
Emerson 7/31 - 8/2 584 LV 4.0 50 44 Daines +6
PPP (D) 7/9 - 7/10 1224 RV 2.8 44 46 Bullock +2

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

It won’t happen, but come thru Mississippi!

/ l

There's apparently something really weird going on in Mississippi.  There are some reports that Black people are actually voting in really high numbers (and perhaps even being allowed to vote).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

There's apparently something really weird going on in Mississippi.  There are some reports that Black people are actually voting in really high numbers (and perhaps even being allowed to vote).

Seems implausible. Check your sources again. 

49 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm pretty sanguine about Iowa--I think a lot of the perceived shift is due to the Selzer poll.  And everyone is just afraid to say the obvious: the Selzer poll is an outlier.

I'm getting more than a bit worried about Maine.  There seems to be genuine tightening there, though it just hasn't been polled very much.  I can't imagine that Collins is going to poll that far ahead of Trump, but damned if she hasn't cheated political death before.

Sure- that’s 100% of the shift. But she’s regarded as the gold standard in this world so what are you gonna do?  Shrug your shoulders and figure she’s probably right. But who knows. 

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

particularly older blacks.  those numbers are crazy high.