Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

25 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Okay, ^  that's fucking hilarious when he starts worrying about his dad.  

But you guys my age should really appreciate what he did, as a much younger guy at the 0:15-0:30 mark . When he talks about two guys in men's warehouse suits walking into tucker and fox and firing everybody.  Listen to what he says after that.  That's really fucking clever and a brilliant callback to an era he couldn't possibly remember.  This guy's good.  

Of the three redneck liberal comics (Trae, Corey, and Brent) who do these bits on Twitter, I think this guy's my favorite. Trae's great for rapid-fire "spittin' fax" but Brent here never breaks character and reliably ends with his classic covid cough.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Of the three redneck liberal comics (Trae, Corey, and Brent) who do these bits on Twitter, I think this guy's my favorite. Trae's great for rapid-fire "spittin' fax" but Brent here never breaks character and reliably ends with his classic covid cough.

I know Trae.  I know I know Corey and Brent, but which one is Buttercream Dream?  I seriously get them all confused /noracist.  They've all carved out this clever, narrow niche and kinda stick in it because none of them work if they all work the same way if that makes sense.  

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

I know Trae.  I know I know Corey and Brent, but which one is Buttercream Dream?  I seriously get them all confused /noracist.  They've all carved out this clever, narrow niche and kinda stick in it because none of them work if they all work the same way if that makes sense.  

Partial to the redhead girl with the accent myself. 

6 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

fun fact - Tucker Carlson gave Rachel Maddow her shot at the big time, and they're friends. Or were, anyway. 

Oh yeah, I remember the show they were on together. Max Kellerman used to be on it too. Kellerman would occasionally discuss boxing which was usually more interesting than Tucker and Maddow.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Tucker is going to spend the next 10 months lashing out at Fox, Trump, and the RNC before primary season and he's going to right-fit his position as Disruptor-in-Chief and they'll have to kiss his hand instead of Rupert's.  And it's going to be fucking beautiful.  Just wait.

He may hate Trump, but the grift is stronger if he at least temporally plays nice with him.  It’s the Trumpers who are especially outraged by all of this.

• Hook 'Em 1

seems like he has his own definition of wealth considering his upbringing and staying in Maine considering the options he has. He’ll probably hurt Fox News for to get what he thinks is contractually his, but I have to think he probably doesn’t give a shit about still working. 

23 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Motherfucking disgusting brother deserves every fucking bit of it.

Yeah that’s nasty.  I’m only familiar with his dumb face and only asking questions routine. Not sure I’ve ever seen him at length more than a tweet posted here.   The fuck is it with all these dudes and young girls? 

Apparently I was wrong. He’s got less money than the buzzcut lady. He built quite a career by himself and on his own merit.  Crazy it can all be gone that quick.  

Let’s just step back for a moment and contemplate what the word “career” means to sane, reasonable, rational, moderate, normal people.

Walter Cronkite had a career.

Tucker Carlson built the media equivalent of a black hole.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah that’s nasty.  I’m only familiar with his dumb face and only asking questions routine. Not sure I’ve ever seen him at length more than a tweet posted here.   The fuck is it with all these dudes and young girls? 

Every accusation is a confession with them

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I think somebody is gonna take a chance on putting him back on the air/producing-sponsoring a huge podcast.  Even if you can sweep under the rug what a liability he is financially...theres this other weird thing in media called production schedule. 

If that audio clip actually exists, nope.  Well, the bigger problem is the financial liability issue, but that audio clip is going to haunt him - Fox News could bury him with that if he lashes out at them.

On the liability issue, Fox News can survive a $757 million judgement.  Newsman or OAN can't, and they may not even last the year anyways without Tucker fucking around, given their broadcasting/streaming problems.  But the moment he gets on and commits defamation or has some whackos on committing defamation, well everybody has seen the playbook for suing Fox News and getting a settlement.

Lawyers will be

System GIF

Meanwhile anybody putting him on the air will be

come-on-down-fall-down.gif

• Haha 1

Could Dominion have required his firing as part of the settlement agreement?  Would that be legal?  I suppose not, or they would have gone after some of the other Fox quacks too.  

Or maybe firing him now gets them ahead of the Smartmatic settlement?  Like Fox saying the bad egg is gone.  Nothing to see here anymore.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/25/business/dealbook/the-calculus-behind-firing-tucker-carlson.html

Mr. Carlson’s contract, worth $20 million a year, is expected to be paid out.

His dismissal was swift. Lachlan Murdoch, the C.E.O. of Fox Corporation, with the blessing of his father, conferred with the Fox News chief Suzanne Scott on Friday about dismissing Carlson, and the host was reportedly notified just 10 minutes before the announcement went out.

• Hook 'Em 1

the host was reportedly notified just 10 minutes before the announcement went out.

I would have had the announcement and telling him happen simultaneously. But maybe they want to be somewhat nice so he could tell his wife before she found out on the news.

As for Tucker's annual salary, I imagine that Fox will settle with him, and who really cares. 

I'm more interested in seeing what happens to Tucker next. I don't see him running for office or taking a VP position with Trump. In some ways, he was more influential on Fox than he ever would have been as VP.  But then again, he also must look at OReilly or Beck and see how inconsequential they became after departing from Fox. Tucker could possibly make more money going off on his own or being on OAN but few will care.

13 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

His dismissal was swift. Lachlan Murdoch, the C.E.O. of Fox Corporation, with the blessing of his father, conferred with the Fox News chief Suzanne Scott on Friday about dismissing Carlson, and the host was reportedly notified just 10 minutes before the announcement went out.

Dave Chappelle GIF

5 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Or maybe firing him now gets them ahead of the Smartmatic settlement?  Like Fox saying the bad egg is gone.  Nothing to see here anymore.  

Smartmatic was still damaged and him being fired doesn't replace that potential lost revenue or the damage to their reputation.  The door may even be open to him testifying on their behalf in order to fuck over Fox News, as in he volunteers to take the stand and says "oh yeah, we knew what we were saying was false, you can see it in the texts and emails, but you know what, I wouldn't have don't it if I didn't have the blessing of the higher-ups above me!"

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm more interested in seeing what happens to Tucker next. I don't see him running for office or taking a VP position with Trump. In some ways, he was more influential on Fox than he ever would have been as VP.  But then again, he also must look at OReilly or Beck and see how inconsequential they became after departing from Fox. Tucker could possibly make more money going off on his own or being on OAN but few will care.

If the rumors of him being caught on audio recordings talking about young girls and the like are true, holy shit, can you imagine his daughter(s) hearing that one, as well as the parents of their classmates.

But yeah, he's toast.  O'Reilly was basically Fox News in the evening, and now we only hear about him when a shitty new book of his comes out.  He was making $37 million a year compared to Tucker's $20 million.

6 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Nope.   Fucker being gone does not mean prior bad acts are absolved.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

The door may even be open to him testifying on their behalf in order to fuck over Fox News, as in he volunteers to take the stand and says "oh yeah, we knew what we were saying was false, you can see it in the texts and emails, but you know what, I wouldn't have don't it if I didn't have the blessing of the higher-ups above me!"

Career suicide for him to admit he doesn’t believe the bullshit he says. 

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Career suicide for him to admit he doesn’t believe the bullshit he says. 

I thought his texts from discovery included that he hated donald trump and his worshipers and that they had to keep kissing his ass? Not that any of the mouthbreathers care.

40 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I thought his texts from discovery included that he hated donald trump and his worshipers and that they had to keep kissing his ass? Not that any of the mouthbreathers care.

Fox News didn’t cover it so they don’t know about it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, 'stache said:

That's what makes me laugh so much at anyone on Twitter positing the idea that he'd run with Trump as his VP.    I mean, maybe Trump would take him back if Tucker is ok with Trump calling his wife fat and ugly.   Right, Ted?

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Nah, anybody who listens to him won’t ever hear or see it. 

Yep. Many Fox viewers have no idea about the Dominion settlement or that there even was a lawsuit. If you read the Fox News press release about the settlement, it sounds like Fox News and their viewers won.  Not that their viewers even read a press release.

I'm not gonna create a twitter account to read all that whole thread/replies.  Is she saying that because Blackrock has an equity position in some of their funds in some of those companies that they own them and engineered this whole thing as a write-off?  I don't have enough Kramer jokes in my brain to address this, and my brain basically consists of 95% Kramer jokes.  

• Hook 'Em 2

By her outstanding rationale, Texas Teachers Retirement System & UTIMCO own those same companies too.  And in the end, their respective CEO/Managing Directors report to the Governor.  So Abbott was behind Fox & Tucker Carlson!  GET GREG!!  

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/late-night-tucker-carlson-don-lemon-firings-1235401368/

Desi Lydic with some kill shots on The Daily Show:

On Comedy Central’s The Daily Show, guest host Desi Lydic didn’t hold back when she covered the topic. “Wow. I can’t believe that a network that’s so opposed to gender-affirming surgery just cut off their own dick,” joked Lydic about Carlson’s firing.

While discussing the reasons and speculation behind Carlson’s ouster, Lydic said, “Apparently Tucker was forced out by Rupert Murdoch, which is pretty ironic. Tucker spent so many years saying that Mexican people were coming to take our jobs away. Turns out, he should have been worrying about Australians.”

She added, “And we still don’t know exactly what led Rupert Murdoch to fire his network’s biggest star, but reportedly he was concerned over Carlson’s conspiracy theories about January 6. So let this be a lesson to everybody: If you try to topple America’s democracy, you can stay on TV for two more years and that’s it.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1