Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

That's the least offensive thing I've ever seen from Tucker Carlson. 

It's the most human that I've ever seen him, and I saw him in person many years ago while he was still sporting a bow tie.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

So I can’t be the only one who’s kinda wondering how Tucker thinks white men fight, right?

I mean, right?

Yeah, a lynch mob would never gang up on someone.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

There was a proud boys riot in DC a few weeks before 1/6. I think it was when Tarrio torched a BLM flag at a black church.

I’ve been looking into the different rallies in DC where  there were clashes between pro-Trump and anti-Trump demonstrators. There was the “Million MAGA March on Nov. 14. That probably doesn’t fit the timeline. The one you mentioned was on Dec. 12. That’s much more likely. It’s probably sensationalizing to refer to it as a “Proud Boy riot” since there were numerous pro-Trump groups there to protest what Trump told them was a stolen election. But there were particularly large numbers of Proud Boys there, they did engage in violence, and some charges of rioting were made so you’re not totally wrong. There appears to have been instigators on both sides. But as best as I can tell, the Trump-supporters were more violent. Like stabbing someone who shoved one of them.

https://dcist.com/story/20/11/14/stabbing-maga-protest-downtown-dc/

This article describes the stabbing as well as the vandalism of the churches.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/trump-rally-violence-proud-boys/2020/12/14/bf2f5826-3e26-11eb-8bc0-ae155bee4aff_story.html

Police said the Proud Boys movement of white chauvinists amassed its largest gathering yet in the District and was met by anti-Trump counterprotesters who police said willingly engaged the group.

Police said 39 people were arrested for protest-related actions Friday and Saturday. Prosecutors on Monday dropped charges in the highest-profile case, according to two people familiar with the case.

That defendant, Philip Johnson, 29, of the District, had been charged in connection with a melee in which four people were stabbed. Police documents and video posted on social media indicate that Johnson was pushed and punched during the incident.

Police also said four churches were vandalized, two more than previously disclosed, and they released photos of White men marching with and burning a Black Lives Matter banner ripped down from one of the churches.

“What should have been a beautiful weekend,” D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson (D) said, “was ruined by white supremacists who came to our city seeking violence.”

“These Proud Boys are avowed white nationalists and have been called to stand up against a fair and legal election,” D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser (D) said. “This is a symptom of the hateful rhetoric, anti-science noise and people who refuse to accept the result of a fair American election.”

In D.C. Superior Court on Saturday and Monday, 17 of the people arrested were arraigned, all of whom were released after entering not guilty pleas. The status of the other cases was not clear.

The stabbing, one of the most violent incidents during the weekend, occurred outside Harry’s Bar, a popular gathering spot for the Proud Boys on 11th Street NW. Police said Johnson was charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, and Corey Nielsen, 39, of Robbinsdale, Minn., was charged with simple assault.

D.C. Police Chief Peter Newsham said one of the victims nearly died. Nielsen is also listed as a victim on a police report.

Police said in a statement that Johnson got into an argument with someone that escalated. Based on a video, the police report says, Johnson pulled out a knife after he was pushed in the back. The report says another person repeatedly pulled on Johnson’s mask, at which point one of the victims and another person punched Johnson in the head several times.

40 minutes ago, Red Five said:

That's the least offensive thing I've ever seen from Tucker Carlson. 

I'm kind of the same way. 

Huh?  

This?

REALLY?  THIS??

But I'm guessing this is a tiny fraction of what they actually found and praying they spend the next month releasing bits of it daily in a hilariously futile attempt to win back Tucker's fanboys.

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'd pay to see Tucker Carlson torn apart by wild dogs or cats.  Then we'd finally know which rules.

I mean, if it's a "wild" cat then a Tiger or a Lion counts. That being said, pretty sure that much like Kevin, Tucker Carlson couldn't even handle an ocelot. 

Obligatory:

Archer GIF - Archer Fox Eared Asshole - Discover & Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I'd pay to see Tucker Carlson torn apart by wild dogs or cats.  Then we'd finally know which rules.

As Bill Little would say "Then we'd all be winners."

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1

Cats do not give a fuck. I had a patient in residency who had severe diabetic neuropathy and vascular disease. She thought her cat was cleaning her toes when in reality he gnawed 2 of them off down to the metatarsals before she looked at what he was doing 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Cats do not give a fuck. I had a patient in residency who had severe diabetic neuropathy and vascular disease. She thought her cat was cleaning her toes when in reality he gnawed 2 of them off down to the metatarsals before she looked at what he was doing 

I can't believe she didn't pay attention to her diabetes educator (I can, though)

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Dude.  Gross.

Through all this bs I have never watched carlson for more than a few seconds and not very many times.  To me he looked like the second coming of limbaugh, who convinced me in the five minutes I listened to him that he was a totally evil piece of shit.  How anyone can put their faith in either one of these bastards is just beyond me.

25 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Actually probably just licked the necrotic flesh off them.  Ever felt a cat's tongue?

The leaks continue.   Fox is salting the Earth Tucker walks on so hard he will be lucky to do his own streaming thing on the Daily Stormer.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker-carlsons-c-word-use-on-display-in-unredacted-dominion-docs?ref=home?ref=home

Following Tucker Carlson’s shock firing from Fox News early last week, reporting has suggested a broad variety of reasons—among them, as The Daily Beast’s Confider newsletter reported, his frequent use of the vulgar and misogynistic “c-word” to deride female colleagues.

Previously unreported text messages between Carlson and his “straight-news” colleague, chief political anchor Bret Baier, which were obtained and reviewed by The Daily Beast, further confirm Carlson’s repeated use of the slur.

The text messages are part of redacted court filings from Dominion Voting Systems’ now-settled defamation case against Fox News. A source familiar with the lawsuit confirmed their veracity. (Fox News on Wednesday argued in court that media outlets should not be able to unseal more redacted materials from the lawsuit, claiming their $787.5-million settlement was paid to “buy peace.”)

In a Nov. 20, 2020, chat, Baier told Carlson that the “Sydnee [sic] Powell thing is troubling,” referring to the Trump lawyer’s refusal to provide evidence for her on-air claims that Dominion’s voting machines rigged the election for Biden.

“See her answer to you on Maria this am. Ugggh,” Baier wrote before sharing a link to an article on Powell telling Maria Bartiromo on her Fox Business Network show that Carlson was “insulting, demanding, and rude” in his insistence that she provide proof.

“Does she attack me?” Carlson wondered, prompting Baier to reply: “Says you were rude and that’s why she didn’t respond. Ha.”

“Cunt. I mean it,” Carlson replied.

Spoiler

That use of the sexist pejorative marks at least the second time the now-former Fox star deployed it in reference to Powell. As Confider previously reported, Carlson’s repeated use of the phrase, and the fact that Dominion lawyers grilled him on it during depositions, loomed large in his firing.

The first publicly known instance of him calling Powell the slur came in a Nov. 22 text, in which Carlson referred to her as “that cunt” and a “fucking bitch” to an unidentified Fox employee. Those texts were included in Dominion’s public court filings and figured into much of the reporting on the myriad reasons for Carlson’s ouster.

When confronted by Dominion lawyers during a deposition on how often he “referred to Sidney Powell as a cunt,” Carlson stammered in defense: “You know I-I-I can’t know and I just want to apologize preemptively,” he said. “I mean you’re trying to embarrass me, you’re definitely succeeding as I am embarrassed.” (In this exchange, Dominion lawyers were referring to his texts with Baier, according to Carlson’s unredacted deposition.)

As Confider’s Lachlan Cartwright reported last week: “Carlson being nailed in court documents for his repeated use of the overtly misogynist c-word was a key factor in his demise, as Fox News had rid itself of Roger Ailes and Bill O’Reilly after years of sexual-harassment complaints and could not have its biggest star undermining any supposed progress.”

Can’t get enough of this reporting? Subscribe to Confider, The Daily Beast’s media newsletter here.

In a separate exchange, currently redacted in official court documents, Carlson and Baier appear to strategize on how to delay Fox calling the 2020 presidential election for Joe Biden—one day after the network’s CEO asked Carlson to let Fox’s Decision Desk handle the situation.

On Nov. 4, 2020, Carlson expressed to Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott his worry that the network was “getting hammered” over its early and accurate call for Biden to win the Arizona vote, which led to a crisis within Fox as Trump fans abandoned the channel. “Please tell me if there’s anything I can do to help,” he wrote.

“We need to continue to be transparent about the call—let the data folks defend their decision,” Scott wrote back.

“Amen. I strongly agree. But if I can help in any way, I hope you’ll let me know,” Carlson concluded.

Even with that guidance from above, Carlson apparently reached out to Baier—the face of the network’s “news” operation—to strategize next steps. “FOX News stood by the Arizona call despite intense scrutiny,” a spokesperson wrote in a statement to The Daily Beast. “Given the extremely narrow 0.3% margin and a new projection mechanism that no other network had, it’s hardly surprising there would be postmortem discussions surrounding the call and how it was executed, no matter the candidates.”

“I continue to think the company isn’t taking the [sic] seriously enough,” Carlson wrote to Baier the following day. “We need to do something to reassure our core audience. They’re our whole business model.”

“Is there some way I could help?” he asked Baier. “Obviously I’d never do anything without full approval from the top.” The primetime star expressed concerns that any additional Fox on-air calls for Biden would irreparably damage Fox among its right-wing viewership. “Do we have a plan for this? We could lose our audience,” he wrote, citing a Semafor co-founder Ben Smith tweet outlining the pickle Fox had found itself in.

“We have been pushing for answers,” Baier responded. “I have pressed them to slow. And I think they will slow walk Nevada. The votes don’t come in until tomorrow.”

Carlson expressed his gratitude and offered to throw his weight around in order to slow-walk further election calls. “Please let me know if they don’t seem to be obeying,” he wrote. “We could really fuck up a lot of what we’ve built.”

“I totally agree,” Baier said, speculating that other outlets calling Georgia or Pennsylvania first would provide Fox cover to do the same. Baier referenced a previously reported email he sent to Scott and Fox News president Jay Wallace that morning urging the network to put Arizona back in Trump’s “column.”

Elsewhere in the exchange, Carlson floated the idea of interviewing Decision Desk director Arnon Mishkin—who made the decision to call Arizona for Biden on election night and faced intense backlash—on his own program. “But maybe you come on to walk us through it? Viewers trust you. Or maybe he interview Mishkin? I’m open. But again I want to help. Let me know,” Carlson wrote.

“Arnon would be good. For YOU to grill him,” Baier wrote. “But I have had him on a bunch. I am happy to do it. But may say I wouldn’t have made the call when we did. But we did.” (Carlson ultimately did not get the opportunity to grill Mishkin on his primetime show.)

After Baier groused that he was “taking major incoming,” Carlson responded that “the last thing I want to do is make it worse, or even get involved.” However, he implored Baier and others to “see if there’s any way I could help calm viewers down. When Trump loses, he’s going to blame us. That’s going to be very bad.”

Elsewhere, the pair discussed how they could be “destroyed” by the network’s Arizona call. “I’ve got four more years here,” Carlson noted. “I’m stuck with Fox. Got to do whatever I can to keep our numbers up and our viewers happy.” Baier replied: “Yes.”

The texts between Carlson and Baier stand in contrast to the respective reputations they cultivated at the network—with the former as the network’s leading right-wing firebrand seemingly at odds with the “hard news” side anchored by the latter.

And though Baier is often viewed as a consummate newsman, his texts here suggest a commitment to preserving a highly partisan, fact-averse audience over responsible newsgathering. (Meanwhile, the same day as his texts with Carlson, Baier texted a colleague to complain about Bartiromo’s fact-free claim that ballots were being switched from Trump to Biden overnight. “We have to prevent this stuff. While cover the real issues,” he wrote. “We need to fact check.”)

And the seeming chumminess of their exchanges suggests a friendly relationship, even as Carlson later privately attacked the news side for “destroying” Fox with its election coverage, and suggested a key Fox News D.C. reporter should be fired.

Months later, of course, Baier’s public view of Carlson’s conspiratorial on-air rhetoric would become clear: The Special Report anchor aired multiple segments contradicting Carlson’s whitewashing of the Jan. 6 insurrection and, as NPR revealed, he expressed “concerns” directly to network brass about the primetime star’s docu-series loaded with false claims aimed at absolving participants in the MAGA mob violence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Animated GIF

https://www.axios.com/2023/05/07/fox-news-tucker-carlson

Tucker Carlson is preparing to unleash allies to attack Fox News in an effort to bully the network into letting him work for — or start — a right-wing rival, sources close to him tell Axios.

Bryan Freedman, the high-powered Hollywood lawyer Carlson retained for the contract dispute, told Axios: "The idea that anyone is going to silence Tucker and prevent him from speaking to his audience is beyond preposterous."

Why it matters: Tucker vs. Fox could reshape the conservative news world. Fox, which has seen its ratings plunge in Carlson's slot since he was let go 13 days ago, wants to sideline him by paying him $20 million a year not to work.

The intrigue: Axios has learned Carlson is busy plotting a media empire of his own. But he needs Fox to let him out of his contract, which expires in January 2025 — after the presidential election.  We're told Carlson has been contacted by outlets — including the right-wing Rumble and Newsmax — that offered to pay him more than his Fox contract.

Behind the scenes: Axios has learned that Carlson and Elon Musk had a conversation about working together, but didn't discuss specifics.

Carlson confidants say he also is contemplating building a direct-to-consumer media outlet where his millions of fans could pay to watch him. Carlson's predecessor in his Fox slot, Bill O'Reilly, created a blueprint for this.

Two days after being booted, Carlson teased in a Twitter video posted at 8 p.m. ET, counter-programming his former show: "See you soon." The two-minute video has racked up 24 million views.

State of play: The ousted host "knows where a lot of bodies are buried, and is ready to start drawing a map," said a Carlson source who wasn't authorized to speak publicly. Carlson allies with big platforms are prepared to attack Fox for trying to keep him on the shelf. Bare-knuckle brawlers from Trumpworld are standing by.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Carlson confidants say he also is contemplating building a direct-to-consumer media outlet where his millions of fans could pay to watch him. Carlson's predecessor in his Fox slot, Bill O'Reilly, created a blueprint for this.

Can't stop laughing...

On the one hand, this is probably the final major advertising coffin nail for Ayn Rand Twitter.

On the other, he's coming back to spew more gas on a pretty big fire. Getting some serious Empire Strikes Back vibes.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I wonder if the contractual terms are at all based on the number of active users on Twitter?