Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

One wonders if Speaker McCarthy will ask Tucker to return the J6 tapes to the American people before he signs on as an RT anchor?

It's crazy, right?  The most popular host on the most widely-consumed American news media was - for YEARS -  a mouthpiece for America's geopolitical enemy.  

But a third of Americans will either never get that fact delivered into their bubble.  Or if they do, it will be "both sides!" in the same way that they get all their fucking news... just pulling a random hypothetical example here, but say maybe the wife of a Supreme Court justice takes an active role in overthrowing American democracy while her husband flat-out lies on his financial disclosures, fails to disclose some shady real estate deals, and does this while claiming decades of 5- and 6- figure yearly incomes from a corporation that doesn't really exist.  BOTH SIDES!  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Equating Soros’s influence on the American electorate to Rupert Murdoch’s is probably the dumbest thing you’ve ever posted. 

and that's a feat!

seriously y'all, for love of everything holy please stop feeding the troll. we should be celebrating, not arguing with monkeys

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

we should be celebrating, not arguing with monkeys

I celebrate the entire catalog of monkeys.  Grease, Brass, Funky, you name it!

katy perry monkey GIF

Edited by hookemATL
yes im aware a chimp is an ape, not a monkey...but boobies.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

48 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

To be fair, though, #bothsides do demonize both men as furriners with undue influence on affaires Amercaine.  I think one side seriously overstates and overestimates the undue influence of one, and understates the influence of the other.

Well, that and one side is forking over 787 mil for broadcasting lies that led to an insurrection.

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand
  • Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That is kind of a revealing quote, though.

The video is mis-titled. FF got her quote right. She “won’t have to worry…” not “Obama will pay…” The rhetoric around the ACA was that folks ought not have to worry about either buying medication or putting gas in the car.

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Post #2601, not mine.  As I've said all along, I'm just glad you can see the difference in one foreign billionaire affecting US politics, vs another foreign billionaire affecting US politics, and how one is OK and righteous, and the other is the end of democracy.  Crazy, I know. 

When folks tell you what they are, believe them. Read up on Curtis Yarvin, “guru of the New Right.” Peter Thiel is the billionaire who is using his fortune to attempt to bring those ideas into fruition. And yes, absolute power and monarchy is the end of democracy. The first link lays out their goals, in Yarvin’s own words. The second link explains the connection between Thiel and Yarvin, and also what Thiel is doing to bring about their goal.

https://unherd.com/thepost/curtis-yarvin/

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/04/inside-the-new-right-where-peter-thiel-is-placing-his-biggest-bets

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

and that's a feat!

seriously y'all, for love of everything holy please stop feeding the troll. we should be celebrating, not arguing with monkeys

Yea it’s really fucking dumb. Oh he engages honestly and is looking for a discussion. Gtfo, no he doesn’t 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I agree.  Then again, I wasn’t the one talking about how much better educated and generally intelligent my party is. It’s pretty fucking easy to see the vast majority of lever pullers aren’t out there solving rocket surgery problems. 

I stand by it.  The problem is, it's not something that people want to study.  I know what I see, though.  You definitely see it around here.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I confess that that ugly word has become an all too frequent part of my vocab of late, but it is equally or more applied to "men."

There is something satisfying about saying it though.

I love it. Such a perfectly descriptive word for both men and women who act like complete, unrepentant shit bags. When we travel back to Ireland to visit family they love using it. That's where I picked it up from. 

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I confess that that ugly word has become an all too frequent part of my vocab of late, but it is equally or more applied to "men."

Ted Cruz is the biggest cunt on a roster full of bleeding cunts. 

• Hook 'Em 2

That’s a direct quote from a woman interviewed after attending an Obama rally.  I typed it in response to a posters claim about their party members are generally more intelligent.   Maybe a Go Gata would have been more easily ingested?   

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

The video is mis-titled. FF got her quote right. She “won’t have to worry…” not “Obama will pay…” The rhetoric around the ACA was that folks ought not have to worry about either buying medication or putting gas in the car.

When folks tell you what they are, believe them. Read up on Curtis Yarvin, “guru of the New Right.” Peter Thiel is the billionaire who is using his fortune to attempt to bring those ideas into fruition. And yes, absolute power and monarchy is the end of democracy. The first link lays out their goals, in Yarvin’s own words. The second link explains the connection between Thiel and Yarvin, and also what Thiel is doing to bring about their goal.

https://unherd.com/thepost/curtis-yarvin/

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/04/inside-the-new-right-where-peter-thiel-is-placing-his-biggest-bets

My point still stands.  Although she did not say anyone would be paying her mortgage or anything of that nature, she said it would be easier, and I bet she was wrong.

Like a lot of underclass Trump voters thought he'd bring jobs back.  But they got a lot of hate jollies instead.

And, I'll take foolish optimism over cultivated hatred 100/100.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2023/04/26/tucker-carlson-rupert-murdoch-fired/

But according to people familiar with their conversation and Murdoch’s thinking, the 92-year-old billionaire founder of Fox News had grown weary of some of Carlson’s increasingly far-right commentary on his nightly prime-time show — as well as some of the swaggering host’s behind-the-scenes attitude.

At that particular moment, he was disturbed by Carlson’s stance on Ukraine. A graphic on Carlson’s show had referred to Volodymyr Zelensky, president of the besieged nation, as a “Ukrainian pimp,” and the host had repeatedly excoriated the U.S. government for providing aid to its defense against Russian attacks.

These stances had made Carlson a star on Russian state-controlled TV. But they had drawn furious blowback from powerful Republicans who see U.S. support for Ukraine as a bulwark in a fight for freedom and democracy — some of whom had Murdoch’s ear. After one such on-air segment in mid-March, Murdoch joined a Fox newsroom meeting to loudly challenge Carlson’s message, according to people familiar with the meeting, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of newsroom confidentiality policies.

21 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

Fuck Tucker!  Got what he deserved.

Oh no, that’s yet to come.  I’ve got my hopes up on this one.  He fucked over plenty of people on the right as well as left.  He’s got more coming his way.  Couldn’t be a more deserving POS.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Tucker actually said this in his 2.5 minute Twitter message tonight:

“When honest people say what’s true, calmly and without embarrassment, they become powerful. At the same time, the liars who have been trying to silence them shrink. They become weaker.”

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/newsletters/archive/2023/04/tucker-carlson-laura-ingaham-gop-cynics/673875/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=atlantic-daily-newsletter&utm_content=20230426&utm_term=The Atlantic Daily

Hide contents

A 1995 New York Times Magazine profile of this group, some of them soon to be Carlson’s co-workers, was full of red flags, but it was Laura Ingraham, whose show now packages hot bile in dry ice, who presaged what Fox’s prime-time lineup would look like. After a late dinner party in Washington, she took the Times writer for a drive:

“You think we’re nuts, don’t you?” muttered Laura Ingraham, a former clerk for Clarence Thomas and now an attorney at the Washington offices of the power firm of Skadden, Arps. Ingraham, who is also a frequent guest on CNN, had had it with a particularly long-winded argument over some review in The New Republic. It could have been worse. They could have been the dweebs and nerds that liberals imagine young conservatives to be.

Or, more accurately, they could have been the dweebs and nerds they themselves feared they were. And in time, they realized that the way to dump their day jobs for better gigs in radio and television was to become more and more extreme—and to sell their act to an audience that was nothing like them or the people at D.C. dinner parties. They would have their due, even if they had to poison the brains of ordinary Americans to get it.

Carlson joined this attention-seeking conservative generation and tried on various personas. At one point, he had a show on MSNBC that was canceled after a year. I never saw it. I do remember Carlson as the co-host of Crossfire; I didn’t think he did a very good job representing thoughtful conservatives, and he ended up getting pantsed live on national television by Jon Stewart. He was soon let go from CNN.

When Carlson got his own show on Fox News in 2016, however, I noticed.

This new Tucker Carlson decided to throw off the pretense of intellectualism. (According to The New York Times, he was “determined to avoid his fate at CNN and MSNBC.”) He understood what Fox viewers wanted, and he took the old Tucker—the one who claimed to care about truth and journalistic responsibility—and drove him to a farm upstate where he could run free with the other journalists. The guy who returned alone in his car to the studio in Manhattan was a stone-cold, cynical demagogue. By God, no one was going to fire that guy.

What concerned me was not that Carlson was selling political fentanyl; that’s Fox’s business model. It was that Carlson, unlike many people in his audience, knew better. He jammed the needle right into the arms of the Fox audience, spewing populist nonsense while running away from his own hyper-privileged background. I suppose I found this especially grating because for years I’ve lived in Rhode Island, almost within sight of the spires of Carlson’s pricey prep school, by the Newport beaches. (This area also produced Michael Flynn and Sean Spicer, but please don’t judge us—it’s actually lovely here.)

Every night, Carlson encouraged American citizens to join him in his angry nihilism, telling his fans that America and its institutions were hopelessly corrupt, and that they were essentially living in a failed state. He and his fellow Fox hosts, meanwhile, presented themselves as the guardians of the real America, crowing in ostensible solidarity with an audience that, as we would later learn from the Dominion lawsuit, they regarded with both contempt and fear.

An especially hateful aspect of Carlson’s rants is that they often targeted the institutions and norms—colleges, the U.S. military, capitalism itself—that help so many Americans get a chance at a better life. No matter the issue, Carlson was able to find some resentful, angry, us-versus-them angle, tacking effortlessly from sounding like a pompous theocrat one day to a founding member of Code Pink the next. If you were trying to undermine a nation and dissolve its hopes for the future, you could hardly design a better vehicle than Tucker Carlson Tonight.

But give him credit: He was committed to the bit. A man who has never known a day of hard work in his life was soon posing in flannel and work pants in a remarkably pristine “workshop,” and inviting some of the worst people in American life to come to his redoubt to complain about how much America seems to irrationally hate Vladimir Putin, violent seditionists, and, by extension somehow, poor ordinary Joes such as Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson.

Carlson is emblematic of the entire conservative movement now, and especially the media millionaires who serve as its chief propagandists. The conservative world has become a kind of needle skyscraper with a tiny number of wealthy, superbly educated right-wing media and political elites in the penthouses, looking down at an expanse of angry Americans whose rage they themselves helped create. As one Fox staffer said in a text to the former CNN host Brian Stelter shortly after the January 6 insurrection, “What have we done?”

If only Carlson and others were capable of asking themselves the same question

Tom Nichols is worth a follow, he’s pretty insightful and funny. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

Tucker actually said this in his 2.5 minute Twitter message tonight:

“When honest people say what’s true, calmly and without embarrassment, they become powerful. At the same time, the liars who have been trying to silence them shrink. They become weaker.”

“I lie. If I’m really cornered or something, I lie. I really try not to. I try never to lie on TV. I just don’t, you know, I don’t like lying. I certainly do it, you know, out of weakness or whatever”

• Drool 1

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

Spoken like a true charlatan.

59 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

“I lie. If I’m really cornered or something, I lie. I really try not to. I try never to lie on TV. I just don’t, you know, I don’t like lying. I certainly do it, you know, out of weakness or whatever”

Strong Terrelle Pryor vibes here.

"I kill and steal.  If Im really cornered or somethign, I kill and steal.  I really try not to.  I really try not to steal or kill in public.  I just don't, you know, I don't like killing and stealing.  I certainly do it, you know, out of weakness or whatever".

47 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Strong Terrelle Pryor vibes here.

"I kill and steal.  If Im really cornered or somethign, I kill and steal.  I really try not to.  I really try not to steal or kill in public.  I just don't, you know, I don't like killing and stealing.  I certainly do it, you know, out of weakness or whatever".

Not really. If Pryor really did kill and steal, then yeah, that might fit. But Tucker really does lie. All the time. He didn’t get caught not knowing how to answer a question. He’s a paid public speaker. He was underselling his answer but telling more truth than he probably intended.

Here’s Pryor’s quote in response to why he was wearing a tribute to Michael Vick on his eyeblack:

"Not everybody is the perfect person in the world. Everyone does, kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me. I just feel that people need to give him a chance."

Very different vibe. Pryor’s no genius but he wasn’t admitting that he actually kills and steals. 

18 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

17 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I love it. Such a perfectly descriptive word for both men and women who act like complete, unrepentant shit bags. When we travel back to Ireland to visit family they love using it. That's where I picked it up from. 

17 hours ago, Blotto said:

Ted Cruz is the biggest cunt on a roster full of bleeding cunts. 

qjkub6g5x9i91.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

I'm not going to read and search for all the op-eds on his firing, but I hope they are mentioning his anti-vaxx stance in regards to Covid and how he's directly responsible for untold numbers dying.

Perhaps a certain poster should consider that when measuring his "worth", but I know that won't happen.

21 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Not really. If Pryor really did kill and steal, then yeah, that might fit. But Tucker really does lie. All the time. He didn’t get caught not knowing how to answer a question. He’s a paid public speaker. He was underselling his answer but telling more truth than he probably intended.

Here’s Pryor’s quote in response to why he was wearing a tribute to Michael Vick on his eyeblack:

"Not everybody is the perfect person in the world. Everyone does, kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me. I just feel that people need to give him a chance."

Very different vibe. Pryor’s no genius but he wasn’t admitting that he actually kills and steals. 

Joke Joking GIF by Pudgy PenguinsCalm Down Al Pacino GIFCalm Down Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

Here's what I don't get: how do they do this?  How do they come in, every day, and manufacture rage over petty grievances?  It's got to be emotionally soul-sucking. Moreover, who is the audience that laps this stuff up?  Hollow people with gaping emotional cavities to fill?  Bitter old people are are mad because they are dying? 

11 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Here's what I don't get: how do they do this?  How do they come in, every day, and manufacture rage over petty grievances?  It's got to be emotionally soul-sucking. Moreover, who is the audience that laps this stuff up?  Hollow people with gaping emotional cavities to fill?  Bitter old people are are mad because they are dying? 

Easy.  Sell your soul, then there is nothing to suck.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Lots of money, plus he probably despises the audience that listen to him. He doesn’t have to interact with them on a daily basis. He lives in NY and has all he and his family needs. They go to private schools, have drivers etc. 

PPL way worse shit for way less money. 

14 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Lots of money, plus he probably despises the audience that listen to him. He doesn’t have to interact with them on a daily basis. He lives in NY and has all he and his family needs. They go to private schools, have drivers etc. 

PPL way worse shit for way less money. 

He doesn't even live in NYC. People hate him so much there that he lives in Maine and broadcasts from an auto repair garage converted into a broadcast studio.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

They are able to do it because they’re pieces of shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I'm convinced they at least partially if not fully believe the lies. You can convince your brain something is true just by saying it enough. They're divorced from reality and they think theirs is a higher message. all comes down to education and mental illness, which this country criminally underfunds

9 hours ago, AnTiM said:

For those who think Rush Limbaugh is God, Tucker Carlson has to be Jesus.

Man, I used to listen to that twat, back in the 80s. Back then, it was all a joke; his gig was to troll the left, but it was done with a wink and a grin at the audience who were in on the joke.

At some point, he joined Fox, and appeared to get high on his own supply; seemed like he was starting to believe the inane bullshit he used to say as a joke. Dunno if that was the substance abuse or just ego... or maybe came with Murdoch hiring him, or just being surrounded by people who actually believed what he was saying.

Or, maybe I just grew up.

• Like 1

Man, I used to listen to that twat, back in the 80s. Back then, it was all a joke; his gig was to troll the left, but it was done with a wink and a grin at the audience who were in on the joke.
At some point, he joined Fox, and appeared to get high on his own supply; seemed like he was starting to believe the inane bullshit he used to say as a joke. Dunno if that was the substance abuse or just ego... or maybe came with Murdoch hiring him, or just being surrounded by people who actually believed what he was saying.
My dad listened to Rush back in the 80s. It was funny at times in the late 80s. By the early 90s it had turned dark and Rush drug (wink) my dad with him down a dark, cynical and racist road. It was frustrating to watch. By High School my forbid my father and I from talking politics after my dad threw a Limbaugh at me in anger. He missed but broke some shit.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

My dad listened to Rush back in the 80s. It was funny at times in the late 80s. By the early 90s it had turned dark and Rush drug (wink) my dad with him down a dark, cynical and racist road. It was frustrating to watch. By High School my forbid my father and I from talking politics after my dad threw a Limbaugh at me in anger. He missed but broke some shit.

Was your dad Andre the Giant?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1